Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,501 to 13,520 of 15,643 messages
06/10/2012 at 19:15

loula - sounds like a great day. My 10k course was lovely, through a National Trust park, no goody bag, but a medal and a few hi5 gels. bit tired now! and have to get up early to get my long run in before we have to go to the inlaws. All this training would be so much easier to fit in without a life to fit it round! Ah well, hopefully I'll get some time to sit and chill at the inlaws

06/10/2012 at 21:19

Evening everyone

MC - well done on a great PB

Loula and Rocker - that sounds a wonderful day.

My Big Girl and I did parkrun this morning. Then because it was a rare time out with just the two of us, we went to McD for sausage,egg McMuffins

But I'm not feeling very well. Splitting headache, very tired and a bit achy. So the long run didn't happen. I guess that my taper has begun after all.

Byeck - how is Moo this evening?

Franny - puppy sounds fun!

Hi Jude, good to see you.

06/10/2012 at 21:25

chili - get lots of rest and look after yourself

06/10/2012 at 21:30

Hellooooooooooo

sorry I need to catch up. I have been busy with 2 extra teens and the making of a powerpoint for their English homework.

Chilli please please get lots of rest and look after yourself.

Hi Mathschick.

Loula and Rocker,massive Well done on todays run. You will be flying at Abingdon.

Hi anyone I have missed. I am hoping to do my 20 miles tomorrow. I have decided to do a 5 miles course 4 times as its hilly and hopefully will help me to do a nice flat run on the day.

07/10/2012 at 05:21

Morning all!

Just off for my 20 miles. Kids and hubby are going to a breakfast picnic........

Have a good day all.

xxxx

07/10/2012 at 07:48
Rr, whilst Argos may be saying it's Acer, they have sale of goods act responsibilities. Your contract is with Argos, not Acer. If they have sold something that isn't good enough, that is their problem, not Acer's. Add to that that you might have not got what you paid for, and I would be threatening them with trading standards.
07/10/2012 at 08:00
Did anyone watch Louis smith on strictly come dancing last night..? Completely mesmerised by his hip action. Jude and chili, it is on YouTube if you want to see. Purely for educational purposes of course!
I am waiting for Franny to post a pic of the incredibly cute Chico.
Ecky, is that your last long run? Mine went out of the window this week ( again) so I am just going to have to grin and bear it.
Jude, enjoy your run. Have you asked your daughter to save you some?
07/10/2012 at 09:19

Morning!
Jude and Ecky - have a great time running 20 miles! Wish I was too......

07/10/2012 at 09:20
Morning guys and dolls
Am at work this morning do will be quick
Chico had a great 1st night and what a welcome he gave us when we went into the kitchen He has settled in well.Will try and get pic of him on later
Well done Loula and Rocker on your fabby run yesterday.
Enjoy your runs Ecky and Jude
Chili please take care of yourself
Hello to everyone else I better get back to work
07/10/2012 at 09:43

morning all,hello Jude!!! have a great run!! how are you feeling on long runs now?

franny sis-awww we want more Chico pics!!

07/10/2012 at 11:04

LLB & Rocker that sounds  great run. I wish I lived nearere you guys as I would love someone to push me to do longer distances.

Jude & Echy-Hope you have a great run. 

Franny-Pleased Chico had  a great night- any pictures yet?

Resting today-Roast Chicken for lunch.

07/10/2012 at 12:08

MOOOOOOOOOORNIN

Well its just afternoon but I have lost track of the time today. I am really happy to have managed 18.54 miles on a course with a few hills. I even ran around our local BMX course just for the fun of it. I have just tried an ice bath and am now writing my blog.http://connect.garmin.com/activity/230805877

Hiya Boss.

Awwwwww Chilli,how you feeling to day.

Hi Loula.

Hi By Eck,how is our Moo? and yes its my last one as I'm race next Sun in a 10k. Please don't worry either as we are guna be just fine.

FRANNY how are you doing.

I just have to say my Hubbs has be fab today too.He took little Ecky to Church this morning and then he had to go Netball with Middle Ecky so that I could just bog off and do my own thing.

07/10/2012 at 12:40

afternoon everyone

ecky - well done on your run

I went out really early and did 16 miles, although I had more walking breaks than I would have liked. oh well.

am now at the inlaws and hoping the kids will be fairly quiet so I can have a little snooze later

07/10/2012 at 12:44

Well done Mathschick. I had a lot of walk breaks too after 9 miles. I walked most of the last 2 miles. At least we did the distance . I could do with a bit of a nap now too.lol. I'm folding clothes at the moment and waiting for Hubby and kids to get back.

07/10/2012 at 12:46

I am thinking that on the day I will probably walk at the drink stations so I don't spill the water all over the place, and if I have to add extra walking in, so be it!

07/10/2012 at 13:29

I usually have a little walk at the Drink stations. I have real trouble with the cups and spillage.

07/10/2012 at 13:30

yeah, me too, and as time is never my first concern, I always just walk while I drink.

07/10/2012 at 14:31

handheld bottle?

07/10/2012 at 15:35

I struggle to run with a bottle. I did have a brilliant bottle belt but could do with a new one although that can be a pain if I stick my number too low.

07/10/2012 at 16:22

I take a bottle on shorter runs, on longer runs I have been taking my camelbak - for the marathon I was going to rely on water stations. Is this wise?

13,501 to 13,520 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.