Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,521 to 13,540 of 15,643 messages
07/10/2012 at 16:26

Could barely find our thread in amoungst all the spam!

Well done Ecky and MC on your long runs.

Hope you enjoyed the Sunday lunch AF.

I'm okay... head not too bad... but still feeling very tired. Got a house full of children this afternoon so just made some scones to feed them. Got a few left if you fancy a hot buttered scone

07/10/2012 at 16:29

I thought you were going to say ... Got a few (kids) left, if you fancy one.

07/10/2012 at 16:34

mmm, I love scones chili thanks

glad you are a bit better but make sure you get some rest, maybe an early night?

mrchili - got enough with my two, don't want any more kids, thanks. However, if you want to borrow some boys.....

07/10/2012 at 16:40

Hahaha ... no, I don't think so.  They would likely feel a bit odd in a mostly 'pink' house.  And my small male hideaway isn't big enough for two people!

07/10/2012 at 18:13

Mmmmmmm yes please Chilli. Thanks too, I feel really chuffed. Glad you are starting to feel a tiny bit better.

Hi Mr Chilli.

Mathschick I have relyed on water stations before now and have got on okay but it depends on you r needs and what you are used to.

Ooh I forgot. Middle Ecky had her Netball match today and although they got beat (like last week) their team did score 2 goals (none last week) and guess who sored them both. I am one very proud Mummy. Hubby said she scored the first one and her confidence just came out of nowhere and she was amazing and managed the second. He went out to get her a Netball so she could practice.

07/10/2012 at 18:15
MrChilibean wrote (see)

I thought you were going to say ... Got a few (kids) left, if you fancy one.

lol Mr Chili- thats how i read it too!!!

07/10/2012 at 18:49

well done to middle ecky

hmm, in two  minds as to whether to take the camelbak when I do the marathon now. what does everyone else do?

07/10/2012 at 20:13
Collapses on the sofa completely exhausted. Tonight I was at a concert. It was wonderful. The pianist played Chopin's 3rd piano sonata. Wow! He certainly lived up to his reputation.
Mc, taking your camelbak can mean you regulate your water intake rather than grasping at drinks at the water stations provided and taking on too much. I'm trying yo work out what to do for abo as they provide orange squash at the later stages and I can't drink the stuff. It has a rather unfortunate effect.
07/10/2012 at 20:22

i cant drink  orange squash either by eck, i feel sick.

07/10/2012 at 20:27

Mathschick I would take a camleback if I had one.

Im not susre about the squash either.

07/10/2012 at 20:29

although they say there is orange squash at later stations , i would think that water is there too..so you will be fine.

07/10/2012 at 20:30
Ecky, do you to borrow one? I have a spare one....
07/10/2012 at 20:47

if you carry a handheld you can just refill at stations though..

07/10/2012 at 21:27

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/636269/gallery/ndw1.jpg?width=350

Evening all, couple of pics from our run yesterday - first is just a lovely view of how the trail is in a LOT of places...

Second is the Tanners Hatch Youth Hostel, about a mile off the NDW itself, but an important place in the history of the LDWA, and a beautiful spot to visit...

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/636269/gallery/ndw2_0.jpg?width=350

Having run on the trail now, I know why Lou fell in love with it - I can't wait to go back...

07/10/2012 at 22:26
*has drifted off dreaming of beautiful trails and pretty cottages*
07/10/2012 at 22:52

Rocker,thats an amazing place to run. I can see exactly why you both love to run there.

Just finished the next part of my blog.http://yorkshirepuddingnearly40.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/on-norty-step.html

08/10/2012 at 04:57

Morning all!

Ecky - love your blog -so funnyand I can relate to all the emotions you go through on your long run.

Well my 20 miles didn't happen either.  I managed 16 on a very hilly 1 mile circular route. In fact there was one mahoosive hill which I had to walk and of course I had to do it 16 times. We went to a forest park for a picnic breakfast with the swim team and we had never been there before so I didn't know beforehand how hilly it was.  Not wanting to miss my long run, I though I'd do it while everybody else had fun and ate but it wasn't a good idea.  Everytime I ran past (16 times) they would ask 'haven't you finished yet?' etc. Nevermind! I'm gonna try again next week as I still have time.  

Gotta get ready for work now. AAaaaarrrrggghhh!

Have a good Monday everybody! xx

08/10/2012 at 07:32
Eckytump. wrote (see)

Rocker,thats an amazing place to run. I can see exactly why you both love to run there.

Just finished the next part of my blog.http://yorkshirepuddingnearly40.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/on-norty-step.html

Ecky.....i have just laughed and said a lot of 'awwwwww bless' at your blog-its so funny and yes i can relate to lots of that!! LOL,,,,,,,,thank you for that read

morning Jude !! well done on your run too!!

hve a lovely day all!!!!!!!!!!

08/10/2012 at 07:35

Morning  Everyone

Well this is tricky trying to type with a curious Chico trying to get in on the act...LOL

Another good night from the cheeky chap...just got to source a good vet now and get pet insurance. Am having trouble trying to get a photo on. Grrrrrrrrrrr  We have had him out the back garden as can't take him on walks yet as not had all his vacs yet. he was running behind me...so funny......

Hope everyone is well this morning and well done to those who have been lucky enough to get out running...The trail pics are gorgeous Rocker and Loula.....I can't wait to get back out running again but will be some time as my achilles was sore after running around with Chico.

08/10/2012 at 07:54
Ecky, so so funny! I know what you mean about the wet grass sound. It's horrible if you do it first on a long run and you end up with wet feet.
Jude, I would have gone loopy after 5 miles! Did they feed you as you went round
13,521 to 13,540 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.