Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,541 to 13,560 of 15,643 messages
08/10/2012 at 09:23

Ecky! That was great.

And well done Jude on doing 16 laps. That takes some perseverance.

Rocker - those pictures are wonderful.... am very envious of your lovely run.

Hi Franny - pleased you're enjoying your new 'baby'.

My meeting tonight has been cancelled... should I or shouldn't I attempt the long run I missed at the weekend? I shall make the decision after my lunch time group.

08/10/2012 at 10:20
Right, I have been completely led astray and just entered a 30 mile run.
08/10/2012 at 10:44
Oh dear By Eck lol now I wonder how that happened
08/10/2012 at 10:47
Nothing at all to do with the company I keep
08/10/2012 at 10:49

Erm.... Hunny?  Aren't we supposed to discuss these things face to face rather than me find out about them on an internet forum?

08/10/2012 at 11:41

Morning all,

Flying visit...no run this morning as it was dark and miserable.Hope to go out this evening before it gets dark.

Ultra-Great photos...where exactly was your run?

Jude-Well done on yout 16 laps!

Speak later...

08/10/2012 at 13:57

Afternoon all

Rocker, lovely pics dude. Sounds like you and Lou had a lovely run up NDW way the other day

Jude, well done on your 16 miles! I have problems doing the same loop 2-3 times through boredness, let alone 16!! You must have great will power is all i can say

Ecky! loved your blog post! I did a cold bath yesterday too, and looking at your face.. thats how I felt!! Brilliant, love it

Franny, wait. I've missed stuff havent I. Have you got a new dog or cat? I'm so behind... Have you had pets before? Or first one?

Chili, good idea on the last minute decision. If I've got a long run challenge coming up. It is in the back of my mind the day before.

By'Eck, 30 miles!! 26 not enough pain for you?! Hmm?

AF, Aright dude? Hows your running going? What's your next race?

Lou... [whizzes a cushion over knocking lou's piece of cake out of her hand] heh heh

Well theres no beating around the bush. I'm injured. My right knee is playing up. But having talked about it today, am feeling a little better about it. I've spoken to a colleague who is also a physio who reckons its not joint related but the ligaments which connect the muscles to the knee. Thank the lord I've just made the taper weeks. It's my own fault. No stretching, everything was so tight, something had to give and did. Still, it could be worse. I'll be keeping the muscles loose from how till Abo with the hope of it being ok on the day.

Have a good day all

08/10/2012 at 14:15
Has anyone seen the donation site recently?
08/10/2012 at 14:19
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
Has anyone seen the donation site recently?

Has it gone missing?

08/10/2012 at 14:23

I know it was over £1,000 the last time I looked.

Lol Mr By Eck.

Thanks everyone too. I'm glad you like it.

Beermatt,thats not the worst pic either. It was so painful although after a couple of mins I couldn't feel anything at all. Was yours the same? Please please make sure you rest now too. You have done all the hard work now.

08/10/2012 at 14:37
Right, I have been completely led astray and just entered a 30 mile run.

FrannyT wrote (see)
Oh dear By Eck lol now I wonder how that happened

*looks innocent*............wasnt my doing Boss!!!!!!

AND WHO TOOK MY CAKE!!!!!????????
 *tips big bag of freshly damp raked leaves over Matts head*

08/10/2012 at 14:38

maaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttt...you CANT be injured -not now!!!!!!!

08/10/2012 at 15:41
Lou, if necessary we will give him all the encouragement he needs including cakes, bacon butties and the careful use of a cattle prod.
08/10/2012 at 15:43
Lou, if necessary we will give him all the encouragement he needs including cakes, bacon butties and the careful use of a cattle prod.

Thought we agreed we weren't going to mention that again...

And it wasn't that careful...

Edited: 08/10/2012 at 15:44
08/10/2012 at 16:11

The cattle prod will work! Wait. Did I just say that?!

If you go on the Abo website to have a look at pics from last year, purely to calm the nerves about cut-off times and the like, to find pics of people looking shattered and a shell of their former selves, you're out of luck. They all look far to fresh...

08/10/2012 at 16:22
Yup, you will feel dreadful but the photo will just show someone a bit sweaty smiling like a lunatic
08/10/2012 at 16:51

afternoon all

busy busy day today and just trying to catch up

by eck - you are crazy. Which one?

rocker - great pics, it really is very autumnal now isn't it?

Matt - look after your knee, if necessary go to a physio now and it should be ok  by ABO, even if you don't run over the next two weeks that is ok, you have done all the training now

Jude - 16 laps show determination, well done.

thanks everyone for the advice about the camelbak - I will take it, it doesn't hurt my to wear it and at least I won't worry about the water stations running out of water or anything, and there is room for snacks, gels etc. just a pain, cos to get at the gels you have to take the thing off your back. Not sure if I want to bother with a waist pack as well just for the ease of getting at gels.

rest day today, legs are a bit achy, and arms too after a good swim session last night.

08/10/2012 at 16:55

ecky - love your blog

I am never ever doing the ice bath thing

08/10/2012 at 17:35

Thanks Mathschick. It does look worse than it is

08/10/2012 at 17:42
Erm, I think I will stick with my warm bubble bath followed by some tough massaging
13,541 to 13,560 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.