Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,561 to 13,580 of 15,643 messages
08/10/2012 at 17:45
Beer Matt wrote (see)

The cattle prod will work! Wait. Did I just say that?!

If you go on the Abo website to have a look at pics from last year, purely to calm the nerves about cut-off times and the like, to find pics of people looking shattered and a shell of their former selves, you're out of luck. They all look far to fresh...

matt. matty matty matty....*shakes head*....i can see i am going to have to teach you the art of creating a false appearence in run pics...although you feel a shell of your former self, are wanting to puke, are swearing to yourself you will NEVER in your life run another race, and you have chafed bits that you are scared to look at ...you must learn to smile serenely or grin inanely(thumbs up sign if you are going whole i-do-this-for-fun-and -i-dont-hurt- type look)  , thus making everyone  including your family and friends  believe that you floated through the whole event on a cloud of bubbly fun and will be shortly entering the Rio olympic trials........voila......

Edited: 08/10/2012 at 17:47
08/10/2012 at 17:48

By Eck,it was my Hugly mug that put you off didnt it?

Loula I could do to learn that lesson. I take a bad pic even before I have set off.*goes to practice pouting whilst running*

08/10/2012 at 17:50

thanks franny sis for my lovely prezzie i just collected from the post office  depot!! for those of you that dont know what Franny bought me for my burfdee- it was a fabby  china mug with a piccy of me after NDW  NOT  looking like i floated serenely thorough the event on a cloud of bubbly fun    LOL

08/10/2012 at 17:51
Eckytump. wrote (see)

Loula I could do to learn that lesson. I take a bad pic even before I have set off.*goes to practice pouting whilst running*

see above by eck!! i havnt learnt how to either!!

08/10/2012 at 17:55
You shouldn't put yourself down Lou. Thou took a great pic at the start of north downs way...
08/10/2012 at 18:00

the start???? i havnt any from the start.

franny sis, my cup...its not one of those pics where i go nakey on the pic when hot drinks are in the cup is it???????

08/10/2012 at 18:01

the start???? i havnt any from the start.

franny sis, my cup...its not one of those thermal pics where i go nakey  when hot drinks are in the cup is it???????

08/10/2012 at 18:02

oooo i got all excited there and did it twice :P

08/10/2012 at 18:11

Loula I bet you look just gorge. Awwwwwww Loula you bein Norty again.You will have to join me on the step.

08/10/2012 at 18:13
Wheh were you norty ecky?
08/10/2012 at 18:17

I'm always norty By Eck *runs of to cause mayhem*

08/10/2012 at 18:21

me too *scoots off to join Ecks*

08/10/2012 at 19:00
Lol U 2 Loula you will just have to find out Glad U liked it
08/10/2012 at 19:12
Lou, Ecky, is there room for one more, or is it my naughty step?
08/10/2012 at 19:13
loulabell wrote (see)

franny sis, my cup...its not one of those thermal pics where i go nakey  when hot drinks are in the cup is it???????

But how  would franny have got a nakey pic?  Unless you had been really really norty...

08/10/2012 at 19:14

..ooo yeah

08/10/2012 at 19:15
Mr By 'Eck wrote (see)
Lou, Ecky, is there room for one more, or is it my naughty step?

why?whatcha done?

08/10/2012 at 19:26
Lou, I live on the norty step. Although I think my wife might bed joining me on it after today...
08/10/2012 at 19:38

might bed??

08/10/2012 at 19:48

Evening everyone

Sounds a lovely pressie Loula.

Byeck - which 30miler?

MATTTTTTT!!!!!!! You can't be injured. I thought we were going to be running together 10 min miles to get a really good marathon time and PB! So you better rest up well and get yourself sorted.

Having said all that, I'm not doing to great myself. Is it the low iron count that I found out about on Thursday? Is it psychological? Or physical?

I decided to go out for my run. So I made dinner and left hubby with instructions. Got dressed for the constant drizzle (although fortunately not windy) and headed out. Thrumming headache, stiff neck (from sleeping wrong), slight back ache and sausage-like legs. At 40 mins I realised there was no way i was going to run for 4 hrs. However, I have learnt this summer that not being able to run, doesn't mean I have to stop. So I stopped running and began the quick walk I discovered on the Ridgeway. So I did 11.79 miles in 2hr 55mins.

Am not going to try and push it any more. Think I will just keep my runs/swims/ bike rides short and make sure I'm recovered and raring to go for Abo. I've been taking multivitamin and iron tablets but my diet is already so good that I'm not sure how to increase my iron intake further. Any suggestions other than eating liver ?

13,561 to 13,580 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.