Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,581 to 13,600 of 15,643 messages
08/10/2012 at 20:11

chili - well done on sticking with it. Maybe you just need a good few days of resting/doing very little?

apricots are good for iron. If you are worried about your iron levels then why not go to see the dr? I don't know much about iron levels, but it might not even be a problem. When I was pregnant the midwife said my iron levels were low, gave me some tablets that made me ill, I went to the dr and dr said there was nothing wrong with my iron levels at all, midwife was just over cautious

08/10/2012 at 20:57
loulabell wrote (see)

matt. matty matty matty....*shakes head*....i can see i am going to have to teach you the art of creating a false appearence in run pics...although you feel a shell of your former self, are wanting to puke, are swearing to yourself you will NEVER in your life run another race, and you have chafed bits that you are scared to look at ...you must learn to smile serenely or grin inanely(thumbs up sign if you are going whole i-do-this-for-fun-and -i-dont-hurt- type look)  , thus making everyone  including your family and friends  believe that you floated through the whole event on a cloud of bubbly fun and will be shortly entering the Rio olympic trials........voila......

LOL oh that was funny Lou. I read that to Mrs Matt

Chili, we're still on for 10 m/m... I know we'll be able to do it on the day

08/10/2012 at 21:00

I avoid doctors as much as possible Yeah, I already eat apricots each day. And my body doesn't like those strong iron tablets either

08/10/2012 at 21:00
10mm is a good pace and we can keep each other going.
Matt, have you practised your grins in the mirror?
Chili, chickpeas are also very high in iron.
08/10/2012 at 21:29

Yey Nortee Partee.

Chilli I must admit when my iron was low I started to feel ill as if something was wrong. I know now it was in my head but then make sure you get your levels chaecked again to make sure they have come back up. Mine took a couple of times.

09/10/2012 at 07:06

10 m/m ??????? nobody told me thats wht we are doing???

*goes to dig out oxygen cylinder*

09/10/2012 at 07:24
Lou - you're not... I iz gonna be chivvying you along much faster than that! Franny wants a pb remember, and we promised we'd get her one and send it up to Scotland
09/10/2012 at 07:35

10mm OMGosh I will never do that. I may stick to my 11mm.

I will try and do it for our Franny though.

Mornin Rocker and Loula.

09/10/2012 at 07:37

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/350px-morale_vs_turns_to_panic_graph_0.png?width=350

*begins to panic and draws graph to demonstrate*

45 repreenting the week before Abo....................eeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/10/2012 at 07:39

Morninggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Lou..you can run fater than 10m/m and fine you know it sis...yeah Rocker I want you to pot me up that PB

Mattyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...Aw nooooooooooo you take care and look after that leg....Yes Matt we have a new addition to the family...a wee male jack russell pup called Chico.He is keeping u busy...LOL

Chilli..you take care of yourelf too...ALL OF YOU ABO PEEPS NEED TO BE WELL RESTED AND STAY INJURY FREE SO AS YOU CAN ALL HAVE A FABBY RUN.

IT WON'T BE LONG NOW GUYS AND DOLLS.

Well i am off to the gym this morning...Got my follow up MOT test....wonder if that will show me my lost fitness???? Then i am going to do some cross training and weights.

Speak later folks...Have a good day everyone.

09/10/2012 at 07:40

Hi Ecky...didn't see you hiding there...How iz you girl...I iz loving your BLOG...brill pic of your face wiv the ice bath...now thats brave....LOL

09/10/2012 at 07:41

franny sis !!! i am sipping my tea from ny new' NDW' piccy cup-cheers!!!!

09/10/2012 at 07:41

i know sis, Eck is soooooooooooo brave-id have passed out in fright

09/10/2012 at 07:49

Ooooooooooooooooo your lovely new cup...Is it nice to drinik from ???? Chico says hello to you he is licking my hand as i am typing ....LOL

09/10/2012 at 07:55

morning all

loula - your graph gave me a chuckle

you lot will all be fine doing 10m/miles. No way I can do that, maybe next year....I am already much quicker than I was a year ago so there is hope for me yet.

right, better get on with work

have a lovely day everyone

09/10/2012 at 08:13

Aww Thanks Franny. Im glad you like it. My Big Sis even read it last night and she never reads unless its a DIY manual. She was quite shocked and said I was her clever little Sis .

Lol Loula that Graph is funny.  Oh yes an ice bath is craziness but I do think it worked. After a couple of mins you really cant feel your legs anymore,its just when you get out. I did still have my leggins on though as I dont think I could bear it if I had been all Nakey.

Hiya Mathschick.

Im out for a little plod today but not going for any particular distance now just to keep leggies moving.

09/10/2012 at 08:15
Mc, you are getting so much quicker it is really impressive.
Loula. I think my panic graph would start hith then just rocket up into the stratosphere.
Franny, I don't have a cute puppy licking my hand but a toddler 'singing' very loudly at me.
Ecky, eeek, we are nearly there. I am aiming for 10-11 minute miles because I was close to that for quite a bit of mk.
Morning everyone else!
Morning Mr by 'eck.
09/10/2012 at 08:55

I know By Eck,I just cant wait now. I am going to try a run today with 10 min miles. I find that my pace has dropped a lot since I have been doing the long distances.

09/10/2012 at 09:48

Morning! It's all getting so exciting Just dashing in with some hot buttered crumpets for the trolley. But have to work today. See you later!

09/10/2012 at 11:08

Mmmmmm Crumpets. Thanks Chilli.

13,581 to 13,600 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.