Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,721 to 13,740 of 15,643 messages
12/10/2012 at 15:23

Afternoon all.

The sun came out briefly but very windy now.

AF..Enjoy your child free weekend and your curry night.

Matt...so glad your knee is improving but pleez take care now.

Chilli..Hope your visitors don't leave you feeling too stressed and hope you get out for your run...Enjoy.

Ecky..that sounds like a good carb loading plan.

Loula sis...so now you are the proud owner of 2 ultra mugs..lol...they must have made a mistake as they haven't sent me an email about the 2nd shipment. Ickle Chico is doing mighty fine...he is sleeping all night and is on the whole toilet trained with the odd ickle accident  only.

Have a good evening everyone.

12/10/2012 at 15:26

Thanks everyone...I will enjoy.

Earnt a curry with 8.5 mile club run.

Enjoy the weekend...will be back on Monday. 

12/10/2012 at 18:29

AF - have a great time

just managed to sneak out for a little 4 mile plod in the autumn sunshine. So nice I had to stop and admire the view a couple of times

got some cream for my itchy rash - hopefully it will go away now

12/10/2012 at 18:34

*Boing boing boing boing boing* Oooooooh I'm so excited. Women's Running has just mailed me to ask me some questions about my running and weight loss.

Hi Franny,how are you doing. Your little puppy is sooooo cute. Just reminds me of the Doggie we had when I was a kid. Ours was called Jenny.

Mathschick I do hope it gets sorted soon.

Hi Chilli,yes it was lovely.

12/10/2012 at 18:36

ecky - that is exciting

12/10/2012 at 18:41
No boss so shall we party?? Fab news ecky, I think we should celebrate.
12/10/2012 at 18:54

definitely party - got home to find a card from big boy's school saying he was one of the top 25 students to get the most Achievement points last week. Nice to have something good about him 

12/10/2012 at 19:04

Hi everyone,

Congratulations Ecky, that sounds excellent! Also, I read your blog post 'On the Norty Step' - great stuff, you have yourself another reader.

Thanks to all of you who commented on my opening training diary post here on the forums, and thanks to Jude, Franny and Alistair for asking after my honeymoon - it was suitably fantastic. As you know, we went to Costa Rica and it really was the trip of several lifetimes. If you are a fan of the natural world, I highly recommend it as a bucket-list destination. We hired a little Suzuki 4x4 and drove 2000km in four weeks - pretty good going if you consider that most of the country has no paved roads. The highlights included sleeping in a luxury safari tent, right on a deserted Pacific beach; night hiking (with a guide) through primary rainforest (we saw a real life perezoso!!!); being invited to spend the evening with a rural Costa Rican family as they celebrated their patriarch's birthday (there were five generations of family at the party!); having breakfast while watching a live volcano belch sulferous smoke into the stratosphere; and, above all, getting to spend a whole month with my new wife without the slightest distraction from real life - priceless.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, good luck with all your runs, knee testing, magazine writing, rash curing and curry eating!

12/10/2012 at 19:22

Yey Mahoosive Partay. Mathschick you must be so proud of him. Well done to him.

Thanks Perezoso,I am glad you liked it. Sorry I forgot it was you Honeymoon. Im so glad you had such a lovely time.

Thanks By Eck. *goes of to find partay poppers.

12/10/2012 at 19:31

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAARTAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

*peeps in cractowers to make sure Boss gone*

CLEAR!!!!!!!

12/10/2012 at 19:32

Perezoso-that sounds amaaaaaaaaazing......!!!!!!!!

12/10/2012 at 19:35

Yeeeeeey,while Da Boss is away........................................... Loula can play.

12/10/2012 at 20:02
Wow, a whole month in Costa Rica? That sounds just amazing. Cam you please post the link to your blog cos I can't find it?
Well, I've done my last proper run. I did 10 miles in total, 5 at marathon pace. It felt reall strange cos I was on roads. The rain has made the trails very slippy ans the last thing I want is to stumble or fall and hurt myself.
12/10/2012 at 20:09

perezoso - bet you had a great time, we went there for our honeymoon too, it was amazing. Are the roads still terrible and really badly signed? good job I am good with maps or we never would have got to some places

ecky - it is really nice to know that he is getting on well at his new school, especially given all the trouble we have been having with him at home. He has been round to a new friend's house after school today which is nice too.

are you all excited about abo?

12/10/2012 at 20:22

My 'blog'/training diary is here, by'eck - and well done on your run! mathschick, I remember you said that you'd also been to there for your honeymoon, and yes, the roads are still terrible and badly signed - thank the maker for GPS!

12/10/2012 at 21:32

mr LLB is now in posession of the mystery package to be handed out after Abo-i have not been allowed near it. miss LLB is ready to make choc cookies  and flapjack for Abo ans has offered to be the CRAC photographer for the day!

12/10/2012 at 21:38
Oooooo, oooooo, oooooo. It's so exciting
12/10/2012 at 23:47

Ooh,sounds very exciting. Awww bless Miss Loula,we will have a right feast after.

By Eck I really cant wait now. I cant believe its just over a week now.

13/10/2012 at 08:05

morning all

had a lovely long sleep, althout could have done with more. I get to watch big boy playing his cornet with the Red Hot Band today

off to the gym for a while this morning, might be a short while if I still feel this lethargic when I get there

13/10/2012 at 08:53

MOOOOOOORNIN.

Mathschick,that must be such a relief for you to see.  I am must admit I am very excited about Abo now. Its all I go on about. Good Luck to Big Boy today and hope you feel more energetic later.

Work for me this morning and then rest up for my race tomorrow.

13,721 to 13,740 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.