Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,741 to 13,760 of 15,643 messages
13/10/2012 at 09:33

MC, hope your boy does well today and you enjoy watching!

ecky, hope all goes well tomorrow for you

i fell out of bed at early o clock and did a very short run to keep me ticking over-freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing

13/10/2012 at 09:49

Morning Loula and Thanks. Im looking forward to it. I know the route really well too which helps.Its very flat too. Well done on your freezing run today. I prefer running in the cold though. I am just ticking over this week.

13/10/2012 at 09:57

flat is good for easy running-can just switch off

i HATE cold running, the views are nice but i dont function well in cold. i know its going to get a lot lot colder yet though i run my best when its hot weather.

13/10/2012 at 10:55

HELLLOOOO!!!!!

I'm back from my travels.Sorry i haven't been able to post this week.Had loads of college work to catch up on.

Croatia was fantastic.One of my best holidays ever.It's a really lovely place.Gorgeous blue seas on one side,and massive mountains on the other,with lovely little towns and villages.Paradise.I managed a couple of runs along the coastal path to the next village,which was really nice,but hard work as it was hot,even first thing in the morning.I flew the flag for Britain with my Team GB top.The weather was lovely apart from one day which had thunderstorms so spectacular,that it made the UK papers.

I haven't been able to run since i got back,as i banged my left knee really badly,at the airport when we got back,and it was badly bruised and sore.No internal damage luckily,just the kneecap is sore.I will try and get a small run in later today,then push on next week.

So how are we all?You'll have to update me on your progress for ABO.I hope those suffering from injuries are ok.There were a few poorly achilles when i left,if i remember correctly.

Tune for today is by Free with Alright Now,featuring the amazing vocals of Paul Rogers.

13/10/2012 at 12:01

Afternoon

Ah WElcome home Deejay...glad you had a great holiday but sorry to hear about your bumped bruised knee. I am still out of action Deejay with my achilles and not able to run at ABO....We also have a new puppy in the house....11 week old Jack Russell called Chico who is keeping us busy.

MC...hope you are feeling better today...thats great news about your big boy...must be such a relief.

Yes Loula sis...no peeking at the mystery parcel....well done on your freezing run.

Hope you are all having a good weekend so far....

13/10/2012 at 12:52
Achilles tendinitis.... Had a short run last night to test it as it felt fine. Very sore, very stiff, swollen, creaking and painful to touch this morning....
Sofa and ice pack for me this afternoon then...
13/10/2012 at 13:42

rocker - I was wondering where you had got to. Look after that achillies

well, had a good session in the gym. The performance by big boy and the red hot band was great, and he obviously enjoyed the morning. He asked at the end if he could join the band, and we had a word with the guy in charge, who said that he is of a good enough standard, the next rehearsal is 31st October and a concert in December. We are all a bit excited. He is a bit tired after his hard work this morning though

13/10/2012 at 14:42

hello Deejay!! glad you had a fabby hols and hope your bruised kneecap recovers!!

franny sis-im being a good girl and not peeking,in fact the envelope is hidden by mr llb now. give a big kiss to Chico from me

Rocker, aw nooooooooooo, whats happening with all these achillies problems???? well, just take it steady, next week we will go careful at abo, cant have us hobbling druids!

MC, glad you had a good gym session today-exciting now with the kids doing things towards xmas!! miss LLB has been to dance and she has been selcted amongst others to take part in Tapathon which she did last year too in conjunction with Children in need in November.  so shes looking forward to that

we just went to Wyevale garden centre at Bicester Avenue centre where there are quite a lot of nice shops . we were browsing the xmas decs when mr llb nudged me and nodded in the vague direction of a young man with spiky hair..couldnt really see properly , mr LLB said it was Lee from boyband Blue!!!!!!! * cue screaming girls*...........i dont really think anyone noticed him tbh..given that the average age of a Wyevale shopper looking at Spode china , horsey type clothes and a nice pair of gardening gloves is about...hmmm 50?...i think he was fairly safe

13/10/2012 at 15:43

My honey and big girl at Gunpowder Park Run this beautiful Autumn morning.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/728570/gallery/park_run_13_oct_2012.jpg?width=350

13/10/2012 at 15:54

brilliant pic mr chili

well, big boy is making muffins all on his own - I think food tech at school is inspiring him in the kitchen - who would have thought it!

13/10/2012 at 16:26

MC - wow your boy is baking! That's great!  Well done to his award at school too.  Sounds like he is getting through his rough patch?

Perezoso - Your honeymoon sounds amazing!  So glad you had a brill time and you have lifelong happy memories!

Ecky - great news about the article! Good luck for your 10K.

DJ - Glad you had a lovely time in Croatia.  Be careful with your knee.

Rocker - Hope the ice pack helps.  Take care.

Mr Chili - nice pic.

Loula - Good news about the tapathon.  (I'm afraid I don't know who Blue are either)

Hi to everybody else! A 5 miler for me this morning and another attempt at the elusive 20 miles tomorrow in a flat park. Another nice day weather wise.  Although it's pretty chilly in the mornings it's reaching 27C by 1pm.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

13/10/2012 at 17:16

Jude hope your LSR goes well tomorrow wow i wish it was 27c here all the time-thats my optimum running heat! perfect!

Blue are similar to The Wanted

13/10/2012 at 17:18

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/imagesca81m2fs.jpg?width=350

this is Blue..the one i saw today is on far left

13/10/2012 at 17:40

Jude - hopefully he is coming out of his bad patch good luck tomorrow - I am also going to have a long long run, probably the last really big one before the marathon in 3 weeks. Not sure how far I will go - somewhere between 18 and 20 miles. I will have to be up really early to fit it all in and still see the family though

13/10/2012 at 19:46
Loula sis I know who BLUE Are there is Anthony from blue Duncan ,Lee and hot Simon all from blue Famous songs All rise and too close
13/10/2012 at 20:24

All best on you long runs Jude and MC

Welcome back DJ and Perezoso

Rocker, you take care of yourself and heal quick!

Matt, how is your knee (or leg, or whatever, cos sorry I can't remember what you said)?

5 miles run yesterday eve and parkrun this morning. Was sooooo cold. Only 4c here. But the sun came out which was beautiful. Brother and 3 children have arrived so no baby to coo over, but also just a bit easier too and the cousins are all having a great time.

So it sounds like we have the cakes, bacon butties and food sorted for Abo. What about a meeting up place? And finishing area?

13/10/2012 at 20:29

will have to suss one out when we get there i think Chili.

13/10/2012 at 20:30

'all rise' is my fve song by them Franny

13/10/2012 at 20:33

Okay, so I'm a bit dim and should have read the info on the Abo website. The race starts and finishes with a lap of the Tilsey Park Athletics stadium. So there will be covered seating plus toilets/showers/changing etc. So those who want to (understanding the need of children to run and bounce) can stay and cheer in the whole team.

Just bring plenty of warm clothing!

13/10/2012 at 20:36

Athletics stadium??

Track??

Where's my gnarly off road bit wiv tree stumps and mud and stuff????

13,741 to 13,760 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.