Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,781 to 14,800 of 15,643 messages
12/11/2012 at 11:45
Every sympathy mc.
12/11/2012 at 15:13

thanks by eck - hope your family are all recovered from their lurgys

quiet on here today

I went on the spin bike for 10mins in the gym and did a bit of core stuff before a 30 min swim today - still using a pull buoy for the swim. Then I drove to the nearest town and my knee kind of locked up a bit on the way back so now feet up on the sofa

12/11/2012 at 16:28

Hiya gang!

Well done on your gym session and swim MC but take it easy! Hope OH is better soon for both your sakes.

Just back from school and I've got what my little'un had.  I threw up after lunch and then walking from the service bus to my house. (I must have looked like an old drunk throwing up in the road.) Feeling better now I've been sick and I have to be well tomorrow coz we are already one member of staff down...

But happy anyway coz hubby is back!

Have a good evening all!

12/11/2012 at 16:38

oh Jude! hope you are ok. Good job your hubby is back

12/11/2012 at 17:27

awwwwwwww jude ! are you ok???? yay to hubs being home for you now is he having a special dinner?

hello everyone-murky grey day here and i felt sooooooooooooooo tired-coulda slept standing up-but thats not a good idea when checking prescriptions

12/11/2012 at 17:48
It was horrible here today and moo and I got rather wet.
We saw the Dr this morning and she confirmed he has a heart murmur. She wants his paediatrician to review him and see what kind of murmur it is. 'oh', and he still has a virus lingering. But she thinks he is a complete poppet.
Jude, it's nice when they come home, as long as they don't dump a pile of washing somewhere and expect the laundry fairies to work their magic
Mc, is Mr mc well enough to go work tomorrow?
12/11/2012 at 17:53

hi by eck

sorry to hear the news about moo, but could well be what is called an innocent murmur - which is just that the blood makes an unusual noise going round but is not actually a problem. I have one, and as a child I was monitored a lot growing up - regular visits to hospital etc. My big boy also has one, but with an ultrasound, they could tell that it was just an innocent murmur and not anything to worry about, so no monitoring for him.

Fingers crossed that moo's is the same. hope you don't have to wait too long to see the paediatrician.

yep, mr mc is back to work tomorrow. I am back to the gp tomorrow

12/11/2012 at 18:01
We should be seeing his normal paediatrician in January. The GP today was shocked by how many consultants and GPs have seen moo without picking up on it. I do expect it to be innocent however, given his propensity for hospital trips, I think it's probably best to get him checked out
12/11/2012 at 18:06

if you didn't get it checked out it would just be one more thing to worry about. It was fascinating seeing big boy having the ultrasound actually, they can measure the blood volume being pumped through each part of the heart, and just seeing the heart working is amazing

12/11/2012 at 18:12
Yup, I saw so much of the workings of moo when he was in vitro that I felt I knew him already. 'oh', and we watched as his brain was scanned when he was in special care. Little miss was allowed to help ( thanks to a fab consultant who thought the whole family should be involved).
I do count myself privileged to get to see so much of moo's workings and learn more about how our bodies work.
12/11/2012 at 18:15

shame that it is necessary, but so amazing that all this technical stuff exists now. I think your consultant is so right about involving little miss too

12/11/2012 at 19:49

I'm not commenting, but reading your posts with fascination you two.  Praying that little moo's issues are all easily treatable where necessary and otherwise just part of being the rare treasure that he is; a blessing.  Best wishes.

12/11/2012 at 19:53
Yup, moo is a treasure. The Dr told him he was welcome to come back, and then we both started giggling
12/11/2012 at 20:07

anyone done any running today?

12/11/2012 at 20:33

course not MC, but I did walk nearly 5 miles pushing moo.  It was a busy day. When do you hear about your leg?

12/11/2012 at 20:38

im having a rest day from running

12/11/2012 at 20:39

loula - I think you need one after your ultra!

12/11/2012 at 20:40

maybe i should have 2! still loooking for the results but cant find them!!

12/11/2012 at 20:41

by eck - missed your post, that is a long walk pushing moo. Mind you, I used to love going for walks when mine were in pushchairs

I am going back to the gp tomorrow, and then to the physio on wednesday. Tomorrow is the last day of the sicknote so not sure whether I will be back at work or not, need to get back but really don't know if I am going to be able to spend all day on my feet, never mind actually drive myself there and back

12/11/2012 at 20:48

Evening all, how are we??

Sorry I've been AWOL since Druids.... had a great time on the run, beautiful scenery, only a few spots of rain, good company with Lou and also a nice lady called Louise. Was fantastic fun to finish the run in the dark, and to hit tarmac just as we needed a fast last mile to come in under 7 hours.

Anyway, confession time - I have an excuse for being AWOL.....

I have a new "friend"....

Her name is Liz, she's Australian, a runner, lives a million miles away (okay, 89 miles... slight exaggeration!) and we're getting to know each other...

So, i've been reading everyone's posts, but not really felt like I've had much to add.

MC - sorry to hear the knee still isn't fully healed, or that it's kinda healing then letting you down again. Just remember that a week of rest now may well stop a month of problems. In a connected note - my ankle is completely healed - no problem at all with at Druids.

Running wise i'm taking until the end of November to just do what I want, run when I fancy, eat what I want (within reason!), then December will see the start of building back up, to start my proper training schedule in January. I have no more races planned now until next year, and I think my body needs that rest, as does my mind to some extent.

With regard to this year, I've been really happy with it. I took 3 minutes off my 10k PB, getting it below 45 minutes. I also entered my first hilly trail race, my first ultra (and my second, and third!), I crewed for Lou on her brilliant NDW run, and i've had a fantastic time getting to know all of you guys, to the extent that I consider you all friends now.

So, next year - well, as you may have guessed there are some ultras planned...and other than that, well, who knows??!!

14,781 to 14,800 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.