Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,801 to 14,820 of 15,643 messages
12/11/2012 at 21:00

right, only my OH would take one of the kids to a cubs 'muddy hike' in their school shoes instead of wellies.  and who has had to try to clean the shoes? hope they are dry by the morning - they are stuffed full of newspaper and next to the radiator

12/11/2012 at 21:03

rocker - I hadn't refreshed the page so hadn't seen your post

great to have you back with us

really good to hear that you have a new friend, and someone that understands the running is good. Brill that your ankle is totally healed too. Good idea to have a restful month of just doing stuff for fun when and as you feel like it

12/11/2012 at 21:07

89 miles?  Ooo, good training for both of you running to meet for a picnic

12/11/2012 at 21:16

For those who suffer with cold tummies etc during running, a football ref friend passed me a tip yesterday - wrap the area in clingfilm.  Apparently it works.  If you are wrapping a large area of your chest, just make sure you don't dehydrate as you sweat quite a bit more

12/11/2012 at 22:31

I've been running today Just 5 miles in the dark this eve after cooking dinner and before my meeting.

Byeck - what an odd tip. Is it really suitable for running?

Rocker - that is wonderful news about Liz! And that your ankle is all healed.

Jude - take care of yourself hun. Good to hear that hubby is back. Did he have a good time?

Have been cooking - homemade apple pie anyone?

12/11/2012 at 22:39

evening by'eck, rocker, mc, lou and all

rocker, nice to hear from you dude, congratulations on your new 'friend' man. mrs matt says you deserve someone nice (she was reading over my shoulder)

mc, awe i hope your knee recovers soon. i went to see the physio about mine again this morning. she wants me to do some stretches and go to some deep tissue massage appointments.

so no running for me either i've got tues/wed off to take care of the kids while mrs matt goes on a training course. both kids are at school on wed, so i might try round the block or something. weird thing is, it comes and goes. saturday and today it didnt feel good, but sun it was great. weird.

take care all, have a good tuesday

12/11/2012 at 22:40

yay chili! x-post, well done on one of the few of us running!!! if theres custard with that I'll snap your hand off

12/11/2012 at 22:49

No custard, Matt. But I did serve it to the girls with vanilla ice cream and homemade carmel sauce?  Cute littlest chili said ... Daddy, can I have some more?  I said, 'Pie and ice-cream?'  She said ...'No, this time I just want the sauce without pie or ice-cream'.  Hahaha

Edited: 12/11/2012 at 22:50
13/11/2012 at 04:34

Morning all!

By'eck - hope the heart murmur is an innocent one and the virus goes quickly.

Well, I can go to work today.  I haven't eaten anything since yesterday lunch time but I stopped throwing up at about 10pm so I should be OK today.  (Loula - made me laugh about the special dinner, as it would've decorated the toilet bowl no doubt.)  Just feeling weak and have a throbbing head. Praying I can get through 7 lessons.......

Have a good day all!

13/11/2012 at 06:45

morning all

Jude - hope you get through the day, nothing worse than teaching when you are feeling rough

Matt - don't run if it isn't a good idea, do something else instead

13/11/2012 at 07:55

morning all !!!!!!!!!!!

mr chili -cant believe i missed the pudding!!! i love pudding

matt, dont do too much, dont want you on the bench into 2013!!

rocker, good to have you back on here and fabby news about your friend- i hope you are going to invite her along to training days with us all and events too!!!! 

hi franny sis!! hows lickle chico????? have you a date you can start officially running yt?

13/11/2012 at 09:03

just back from the doctor who has signed me off for another week and sent me for an x-ray - going for the x-ray this afternoon, but it will be a while a guess till I hear if it shows anything.

13/11/2012 at 09:30

Morning all - just passing through

Thanks for all your kind wishes - early days yet, but....

Matt - do what the physio says - no point causing more problems...

Chilis - Apple Pie? Yes please, with anything (well, not cream, don't like it!)

Lou - yep, I hope you'll all get to meet Liz at some runs

MC - oooh, that's not good any idea what he's looking for?

13/11/2012 at 09:35

rocker - he said this morning that the really painful site seems to be on the edge of the patella, he did say it was likely that the xray won't reveal anything at all, maybe just a little osteoarthritis/wear and tear which he said is almost to be expected. He said the good knee seemed a little worn anyway. He didn't quite say 'at your age...' - but he is about the same age anyway. He is keen for me to get back to running and said that even if I have dodgy knees and running wears them away quicker than not running, it is still better overall to be running, and to go back and see him if I can't get back to running....

so xray this afternoon and physio tomorrow afternoon

13/11/2012 at 10:22

MOOOOOORNIN

Sorry I didn't get on much yesterday but had a quick read back.

Chilli, please don't worry its not been that long since we ran. I will let everyone know when I have the final total as I still have money coming in. I still have to add the £235 I had which seems to have come off the page

Rocker that's lovely to hear you have a friend and one that understands the running. My Hubby used to be 90 miles away from me when we first became Friends. He was my pen pal . I had to write to him cos my Mum wouldn't let me use the phone for hours on end. I still have all the smushy letters.

Mathschick I really hope you can get back to running.

Matt take it easy. Say Hi to the lovely Mrs Matt for me.

Well one whole week of eating well (apart from last night when we had hot waffles with ice cream choc sauce, nuts and golden syrup. It was just like a Snickers. I did compensate though and did a really hilly 5 miler this morning. I felt brilliant and was really strong up the hills managing to keep an 11 min mile pace throughout. I reckon the track training is making a difference.

Hope everyone else is okay.

13/11/2012 at 10:30

Morning

Brill news Rocker on your new friend Liz... and that your ankle is all healed now...yayyyy...good idea to have a rest and run when you want...good for the body and mind.

MC......hope you get good news...the radiologist will be able to tell you there and then if they can see anything altbough the proper report should be with your GP in a week.

Matt..take it easy and don't push yourself

Jude...hope you manage to get through your day without too much trouble...you will be so so tired...take care.

Loula...not got an official date for running..just goinjg on how I feel. HOWEVER I did do 2 miles today on the tready in 20 mins...not completely pain free but not too painful either so thats good....Ickle Chico is a cutey and everyone stops to pet him when we are out...LOL..You take it easy sis...if you are feeling tired you need to rest...take a leaf out of Rockers book

By'eck...Hope little Moo will be fine and as MC says its just an innocent murmur that will not cause him any troubles. that was some walk with Moo in his pushchair..lovely to get out there isn't it.

Hello ot eveyone else and hope you are all well and healthy and to anyone managing to get out running...enjoy it and well done.

Right going to take Chico pup out a wee walk..got work at 2pm so he goes to his granny's for a few hours where he gets thouroughly spoiled...LOL

13/11/2012 at 10:32

Hi Ecky...well done on your hilly 5 miler...super woman sound like you are continuing to get stronger and fitter..wey hey

13/11/2012 at 10:36

Hi Franny, awwwww I hope Chico enjoys his walk. I must admit I am feeling a lot better than I have for a while. I just need to stick to eating well and stop eating too many unhealthy extra bits.

13/11/2012 at 10:41

Me to Ecky...although mostly I do eat healthy...i think...lol..though i haven't put on too much weight with not running infact I am a bit lighter if anything...the crosstraining and swimming must be helping as is out walking Chico.Must sayb it was nic eto be running again even if it was only 20mins on the treadmill.

13/11/2012 at 11:34

Morning all,

Franny-Plesed that you haven't put on weigh from not running. Chico must be keeping you busy ontop of all of the swimmimg.

Rocker-please to here that you have a new friend who is into running.Definetly a good start. Fingers crossed for you.

Matt-Take it easy sir. I am sure before you know it you will be running.Enjoy your couple of days off.

Chilli & Ecky well done on your 5 mile runs.

LLB-Take it easy.Look forward to seeing more pcitures from your race.

MC-Sorry to here about your woes hope the XRay is ok.

Well I did 6.3 miles this moring have a 1/2 on Sunday so will drop a run this week as I feel I need to experiment about my running the week before races. Some of the people I run think I overdo it the week before hand. Thsi week I will do another 6 on Thursday and 4 on Friday. We will see if that helps me get a decenty time.

Bye for now..  

14,801 to 14,820 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.