Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,821 to 14,840 of 15,643 messages
13/11/2012 at 11:50

thanks for the good wishes everyone

at least I am able to get to the pool - 80 lengths today without using my legs. bet my arms are going to get achy

boss - your times are always speedy, but going into the half with fresh legs will make a difference

ecky - well done on your run

franny - careful with that ankle, don't do too much too quickly, and please remind me of that when I start running again

13/11/2012 at 13:02

MC - hope the x-ray and appointments go well this afternoon and it isn't too long until you hear something

When I met hubby he was living in London and I in Belfast. After our engagement I moved back over to the mainland but then he had to return to USA for 18mths! We had a week together after our wedding and then another 3 mths apart until he got his settlement visa. We then had 6 weeks living together in the same house in Belfast, before he got a job in Newcastle. (Fortunately our big girl was concieved during that time). A year later we both moved to Stoke-on-Trent and finally began living together properly.

Oh, I have been such a good girl and been out on my bike Not just a couple of miles around the town, but a proper bike ride of 1hr 50mins. Found the one and only hill in Lee Valley and cycled all the way to the winding top even though I had to use my lowest gear and still thought I was going to pass out before I got there.

Then went to Starbuck to meet Mr Chili and put all the calories back on with hot chocolate and shortbread

Got to work now, bye!

13/11/2012 at 13:17

... and then there's me ... again getting the best deal.  I got to marry the beautiful Chili, have a Latte and her company and my legs feel fine.

13/11/2012 at 13:23
Mr by eck and I also lived apart for most of our courtship and engagement. It certainly presents challenges, especially when you eventually get married/live together and find out what the other person is really like!

Coffee with chili sounds wonderful, especially after that bike ride. I am hoping my headtorch arrives soon so I can get back out there at night.
13/11/2012 at 13:35

chili - great ride, well done.

oaty banana and apple muffin anyone?

13/11/2012 at 13:37

ooh, running with a headtorch in the dark is fun

13/11/2012 at 13:42
Mc, I might have missed it, but when can you go back to work?
13/11/2012 at 13:49

signed off till next weds now, so could go back on Thursday. Really hope I can go back next week, it is so hard being off, I feel so guilty, especially for my exam groups - I'll have to do extra classes after school for them when I get back

13/11/2012 at 16:08

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/start.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/me.jpg?width=350

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/trail.jpg?width=350

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/woods.jpg?width=350

okay here we are...some pics from the beautiful trail on friday...have had to wait for results and pics fromXNRG, they uploaded today.

the top pic is the start!

2nd pic is near start-thats me at the front of the pic in white top and purple headband.

last 2 pics atr of the lovely woods, and those bits were flattish-nice after all the ups!

13/11/2012 at 17:05

nice pics loula

been for the xray, radiographer said she couldn't really see anything wrong with the bones, cartilage and other soft tissue doesn't show, more detailed report will be sent to gp. She did say that GPs can't order scans, so if he decided I needed a scan I would be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon, that can take ages apparently. Well, have physio tomorrow...

13/11/2012 at 18:19

Lovely pics Loula.

MC - So sorry you still don't know what's wrong exactly and that you have to take more time off.  You mustn't feel guilty.  It's pretty impossible to teach if you can't stand up for long. It's great you are still doing your swimming though. Well done! Hope the physio helps tomorrow.

Chili - well done on your bike ride.  Sounds lovely - I'm a bit jealous to be honest.

Ecky - well done on your hilly 5 miles and your healthy eating.

Franny - well done on your 2 miles.  It sounds like you are being sensible and taking it slow.  Running after Chico must help.

AF - sounds like a good plan, dropping a run this week.  Hope it helps your half on Sunday.

Matt - hello! Be careful! Take it easy! 

Hi to everybody else!!!

Off to mark 64 tests and 64 pieces of homework...yawn,yawn. Feeling a lot better but couldn't eat much today, just some fruit and 2 slices of bread and cheese.   Hubby is going away tomorrow again for 5 days.  He is going to Istanbul to translate for a man he sometimes works for at a textile fair. Gonna miss him and all his help.

Anyway, better get cracking....

13/11/2012 at 18:42

Oooops! Came back just to say good luck to Rocker and his 'friend'.  How could I forget something as important as that?

13/11/2012 at 18:42

Jude - not sure how you keep on top of the marking! Can't you do peer marking of the homework sometimes? depends on your school I guess, but peer marking is one of the 'assessment for learning' things that we are encouraged to use!

13/11/2012 at 21:06

Finished!

MC - Yeh, I do peer marking sometimes but they aren't very good at correcting details like spelling mistakes etc and also I can't use it for more open-ended homework.

Anyway, it's very quiet here tonight and I'm off to bed as it's gone 11 here in Turkey.

Nighty night xx

14/11/2012 at 07:02

morning

14/11/2012 at 07:27

morning

14/11/2012 at 07:40
'ow do ladies
14/11/2012 at 07:55
Clearly someone is very happy this morning
14/11/2012 at 07:59

MOOOOORNIN

Hey Up Rocker.

Yes By Eck, someone has a twinkle in his eye this morning

Morning Loula.

14/11/2012 at 08:13

Morning all

Kids school run coming up...

14,821 to 14,840 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.