Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,841 to 14,860 of 15,643 messages
14/11/2012 at 08:49

Morning Matt. I am so lucky, I just pop little Ecky to the bus stop. I hated the School run.

14/11/2012 at 08:51

I am lucky my mum deals with the school run only because of work though

big boy walks by himself now, well, I think he meets up with friends

14/11/2012 at 08:59

How is he doing now Mathschick.

14/11/2012 at 09:03

Oooooh got the date for Big Girls school prom next year. We are on operation Prom dress as she wants to lose some weight so she can get the perfect one. She has made this decision herself and has started taking fruit to school instead of biccies. She is growing up fast and has started looking into a Gap year doing volunteer work for Cafod in Africa. She seems to be back on the Doctor thing too and has told a family member that she wants to do research and try and help find a cure for what cammie had. Yep I did choke up.

14/11/2012 at 09:10

Awwww, that is very lovely

Morning everyone!

14/11/2012 at 10:01

awww, ecky that is lovely. gosh, prom planning already

14/11/2012 at 10:38

morning all,

Ecky-That is great what your daughter wants to do.You must be a proudn mum?

Jude-Hope the marking wasn't too boring and you are feeling better.

Rocker-have you seen your friend recently?

Hi Loula,Chilli,byeck,MC,Franny etc.

Being good resting today will do 7 miles tomorrow morning.

14/11/2012 at 12:36

AF - I don't think 7 miles counts as tapering for a HM at the weekend!!

can't decide what to have for lunch, obviously surfing the internet is the best thing to do in the meantime, I might get some inspiration!

14/11/2012 at 12:51
Well, I had toasted corn bread topped with pine smoked goats cheese.
14/11/2012 at 13:07

oh that sounds nice!! I have made some veggie soup - don't feel that hungry and not a bad idea to have something low calories as I am not doing much exercise!

14/11/2012 at 15:05

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen

How are we all...Anyone running today ?

AF..7 miles before doing a HM at weekend...tut tut..you should take note of what the ladies at your club said...lol

Ecky...aw thats wonderful about your big girl..fantastic that she knows what she wants to do,,,,half the battle I think.

MC....are you missing work...it can get awfully lonely at home when you are laid up and not able to go about and do things,,,hope your bearing up.

Well i was at gym early this morning..picked up Chico from his grannies...he is on strike today as its chucking it down and doesn't want to go out for walks..lol..he likes his home comforts  still at least i got the housework all done..tidied out cupboards..was in for parcel deliveries etc and now sitting down with a cuppa...phew

Hope everyone is having a good day.

14/11/2012 at 15:32

Oh perhaps I will do 5 miles instead - I was told to do 2 runs during the week + 4 on Friday!!! Will see how it goes.

My theory is more legs will still be fresher than they are usually before a race.

14/11/2012 at 16:58

afternoon, well today has been total bedlam again at work(nothing new) shortstaffed, no space to work in or swing a cat etc..all getting more and  more stressful as the months go by-in short ,ive had enough.

missy to dentist today for checks, lovely sunny day, just home and am too shattered to shove myself out for a run tonight so am chilling out.

aw ecks, thats exciting about big girls prom !! bet she will look fabby.

franny sis-i bet lickle chico would want carrying out in the rain for a wee so his little legs dont get wet lol!

i too , really hate the school run,but now she is older and nearly in last year its not so bad, we arrive ,i pop into the office to pay her lunch money and she shoves me off back out! lol, cant ruin her street cred now she likes to arrive for class alone

14/11/2012 at 17:28
Lol sis am sure you don't ruin her street cred at all
and yep Chico likes to be carried out lol but we don't let him away with it lol
14/11/2012 at 18:19

Hello guys!

Ecky - Lovely that kids have a prom to look forward to at school these days. So exciting for your big girl.  We used to have a school disco every year which were great fun but not quite the same thing.

Loula - Sorry work is so stressful.

Franny - well done on your gym session.

MC - Did you get to the physio?

AF - Try to control that running urge and listen to all this good advice!!

Well, hubby has gone to Istanbul and I'm home alone with my 3 noisy kids. Boys' homework is done but daughter is still drawing plant pictures.....

We are all going to a concert of 'film music' by the Bursa symphonic orchestra tomorrow evening. I don't know exactly what is playing but I think Harry Potter is on the programme.  Tickets are so cheap it would be silly not to go!

Still no running but at least after my sicky episode I lost the extra couple of pounds I'd put on!

BFN x

14/11/2012 at 18:32

evening everyone

just back from the physio, it was torture cos he rubbed the sorest bit really hard. it is feeling tender now. He said I have to try to swim and cycle normally, so tomorrow I will do both, well the cycling I'll do on the spin bike at the gym then if it gets sore I don't have to cycle miles home. Feeling positive now, he thinks it is the fat pad and caused by weak glutes, so have strengthening exercises to do

Jude - bet they will play star wars too, that is always ace played by a big orchestra. Glad you are feeling better.

14/11/2012 at 18:36

Hello all!  I'm back...

It's been an annoying couple of months.  First off, my system drive decided to die on me, so I had to buy a new one and do a complete reinstallation.  That resulted in all my forum bookmarks going missing and I just CBA to get them all back up and running.

Then my stupid knee started playing up again (not as bad as last year, but enough for me to take a bit of a break). 

Today though, I took delivery of this:

https://www.support4physio.com/image/cache/data/lp710rs-300x300.jpg

I have to say, I wasn't expecting much, but I went for a run today: forty minutes and barely a whisper from my knee.  Hopefully that will continue to be the state of affairs - I'm getting bored of having to take breaks every few weeks. 

(No, they're not my legs.  Unfortunately.  )

I bought this as well:

http://www.teambeachbody.com/c/message_boards/get_message_attachment?messageId=214829692&attachment=an_iron_gym.jpg

Hooks onto the door frame without any screws etc, just a safety hook that you push into the top of the door frame.  Many people say they use it perfectly safely without the hook, but if the hook was included, then it was for a reason I say.  I'm following two plans: a hundred pushups plan, and a twenty five pullups/chinups plan.

Hope everyone's doing OK.

Edited: 14/11/2012 at 18:40
14/11/2012 at 18:40
Awww, rr you didn't have to admit it
14/11/2012 at 18:41

Yeah, I know - it's pretty obviously a stock piccy as well.   Not to say that my legs won't be like that one day.

14/11/2012 at 18:51

RR - good to have you back, I had been wondering what had happened to you! 100 pushups I can't even do one hope your knee holds out

14,841 to 14,860 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.