Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,861 to 14,880 of 15,643 messages
14/11/2012 at 18:59

Thanks!

I'm not up to a hundred yet, miles off in fact.  I reckon I can do about thirty right now - that's to failure - on the Iron Gym I mentioned previously.  Pushups are tougher to do on that as you go lower with each one, so I'll get a better workout.

Chinups - lagging miles behind.  I can only do around five at a push right now - that number needs to climb sooner rather than later.  Clearly, my arms and chest are much stronger than my back is right now...

Regarding the knee, as I said - barely a whisper today after a four mile run, wearing the knee support, so hopefully things will remain that way.

Edited: 14/11/2012 at 19:00
14/11/2012 at 19:47

Good to hear from you RR! and great to hear you have found something that helps your knee.  30 push ups sounds pretty good to me.

14/11/2012 at 23:14

Hi RR! Lovely to have you back. I have one of those door hanging things. I got it for my birthday in January with the aim of being able to do do 5 pull-ups by the end of the year. I can manage 3 half ones . But my 10yr old daughter uses it every day and she can do 4!

Did about 5 miles today in lovely sunshine.

Jude - thinking of you and hope you are feeling much better and have a lovely time at the concert.  I would love to take my girls into London to see the new Matilda muscial but ticket costs start at £20 so rather cost prohibitive.

14/11/2012 at 23:43
Chilibean wrote (see)

Hi RR! Lovely to have you back. I have one of those door hanging things. I got it for my birthday in January with the aim of being able to do do 5 pull-ups by the end of the year. I can manage 3 half ones . But my 10yr old daughter uses it every day and she can do 4!

A ten year old girl can do four pullups - blimey, what are they making kids from these days?  First time my nephew gave it a try, he did eight(!) - he's fifteen, going on twenty one.  Chili, if you want to be able to do more pullups, or pushups, you could do a lot worse than follow these plans:

http://twentypullups.com/

http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.1h3JR1Rm.dpbs

They gradually increase the number of reps, much the same way that a good running plan gradually increases the distance.

15/11/2012 at 06:51

morning all

RR - I am going to look at those plans, well the push ups, I haven't got anywhere to do pull ups (I suppose I could try in the gym but I might get laughed at)

15/11/2012 at 07:50

MOOOOOOOOOORNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *BOINGY BOING*

15/11/2012 at 07:54
Argh, the milk's gone off and I didn't realise before making my porridge. Urgh, yuck and gross
15/11/2012 at 07:57

15/11/2012 at 07:59

15/11/2012 at 08:00

i am very excited coz i iz having a weekend awaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

15/11/2012 at 08:20

oh loula where you going? hope you have a great time

15/11/2012 at 08:26

think I will have to do the girly 'knee push ups' because I can't even do one normal push up. Guess when I can do 100 knee pushups though then I can start again and work on the normal ones

has anyone got a swiss ball thing? I am thinking of getting one for doing core work on, although storage will be a problem as the kids will mess around with it, they have them at the gym but it is difficult for me to get to the gym often enough normally

15/11/2012 at 11:42

Morning all,

Exciting news my new free I PAD turned up yesterday so will have some fun with that!!

LLB-Where are you off to? With or without children? You deserve a break especially if work is a grind at the moment.

Jude-Enjoy the cocnert. There have been some great films scores over the years- will be intetrested to here what was palyed.

MC-Well at least the physio says you can swim and cycle. Hopefully it won't be long now before you cound pond the streets.

RR-Great to have youy back and that you have done a 4 mile eun. 38 push ups that is good. I try and do about 100 a week but find it hard work or forget!

Chilli-Well done on your 5 miler.

Well I am afriad that I had the urge this morning to go for a run but just did 5 miles. I have therefore only run twice this week so far instead of the three I would have normally done. I guess that is my idea of tapering!!! Mentally I feel I am will be better on Sunday for running today. We will see.

Have a good day everyone.

15/11/2012 at 12:39

Afternoon

yayyyyyyyyyyy good to have you back RR and pleased you havefound something to support your knee so as you caan run....

Sis...Have a great time away..hope you have fun..you deserve it after all your hard work and training.

AF....tut tut 5 miles...lol...well done.

Jude...enjoy the concert tonight..and you will get back to running soon.

MC..thats good the physio has given you the green light to seim and cycle...yayyyyyyy

AND on that note I managed 3 miles relatively pain free and its not sore at all afterwardsWasn't the fastest 3 mile run of my life (30 mins) but i am happy happy happy and feeling more confident about getting my mileages up again...I am looking forward to getting back outside running again.Hope to fit a short one in on Saturday morning before work. 

15/11/2012 at 13:12

Oh that is good news Franny!

Loula, don't leave us in suspense, where are you going?

Byeck - hope you have found some nice food.

I've had a tough morning with 'Beloved Baby'. Sat a cried with a mum who had a still birth at 32 weeks Brain wasn't quite as engaged as usual for the Pilates Class afterwards, but it did feel good.

Happy running everyone.

15/11/2012 at 13:15

Aw Chilli..how sad...i just cannot imagine what that would be like to go through birth and your beautiful baby not alive at the end...I have a tear in my eye just thinking of it...love and prayers to the mum and the family...not surprised you weren't in the right frsm of mind for your pilates.

U running today ?????

15/11/2012 at 13:27

It is so very sad. Thank you Franny for your kind thoughts and prayers.

No running today. Am reducing my running miles to have a bit of a rest over the winter after 3 marathons and Ridgeway over the summer. Also I need to begin building up my cycling.

I did lots of pushups at pilates and me the only guy there had a competition when doing plank

15/11/2012 at 13:43
(((((((( chili))))))))) so so sad for you and the family. But the fact that they have people like you to support them will make a huge difference.
I didn't find anything to eat as by the tIme I got back from the school run nand sorted moo and other bits out I wasn't very hungry
I forgot to post that my new headtorch arrived on Tuesday. I took it out over the fields, through various poorly lit bits of town that make for good running but only in daylight ( normally) and in town. It is well worth every penny. The beam is very easy to turn on and off, adjust for width and strength. Even with cold fingers it I'd suitable for using on town/country running because you can quickly dim the light so you don't dazzle motorists. t will also help them see you if they aren't expecting to come a across a vulnerable road user.
Right, better go because moo is having a late lunch of Quorn in a spicy tomato sauce
15/11/2012 at 13:54

oh chilli that is so sad

been to the gym - 40 mins on spin bike, attempted some core work. Had a look at the pull ups link that RR poster - thought I could start with the negative pull ups - erm,. can't even do that!  did some core work and the physio exercises, then a 30 min swim

15/11/2012 at 14:56

Hellooooooooooooooo

Awwww Chilli, thats just heartbraking. I just cant begin to comprehend those emotions whilst still going through all the Physical effects of pregnancy. My heart goes out to them  Ooh I recieved your sponsor money today. Thanks so much, thats an amazing amount.

Hi Mathschick, well done on your Gym work.

Road Runner its good to have you back.

Loula how exciting,where are you going.

Hi By Eck, shame about the porridge. 

Im running later at group and will run properly tomorrow as have the morning off. Operation Prom dress has started in earnest with Big Girl making some very healthy food choices. She has picked a lovely dress which is Navy and empire line with a bit of bling just under the bust. I need to get saving up for this now. I didnt realise what a big event it was going to be.

14,861 to 14,880 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.