Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,901 to 14,920 of 15,643 messages
17/11/2012 at 14:24

Ecky-Two weeks without booze a great achievement. I am going to do something like that in January. Enjoy track tomorrow.

MC-Good to here that your son is feeling better. I must say children and computer games really deos frustrate me. They are obsessed!

Feel a bit lardy at the moment as I weighed myself yesterday and was 11 stone 1 lbs. Which is I know fine, but more than my 10 6 that I was a year ago.I guess eome of it is muscle and I was too skinny at one stage. I just fear going back to 15 13 when I was at my all time fattest!

Been resting today before my 1/2 tomorrow.

Where is everyone?

17/11/2012 at 14:52

AF - with your running there is no way you are going back to 15 stone, don't worry! Good luck for tomorrow, you will be great

I did an hour on the bike at the gym this mornng then some weights, strengthening and stretching, it felt good to spend a couple of hours in the gym

17/11/2012 at 17:04

Mmmm, I thought I'd posted last night, but it appears not

Afternoon everyone!

Hope Loula is having a great weekend. And all the best for your race tomorrow AF! we'll be cheering you on

We were up early this morning cos I was visiting my College in South London. As you know I am studying online so I don't actually go into college to study and I'd missed the early summer open day. So I went today to meet the staff and tutors and get a 'feel' of the place. Also to ask some questions. It was a great day and I have got a much better overview of the whole place.

But since the College didn't start until 10.10am I was sure we could fit in a parkrun before hand And so we did! Croydon parkrun. It was completely different to our easy Gunpowder parkrun which is on pavement with a slight incline that can't really be called a hill. This morning was a muddy cross-country route with a mahoosive hill. 2 laps. Was brilliant and my Big Girl and No.2 did fantastic. We made up poems on the way round.

Tired now. Didn't sleep last night cos I was too excited. But have to finish prep for tomorrow morning. I am playing my guitar to lead worship and it's been a whole year since I last did that.... I only know 5 chords and am really not very good

Dinner time! We're having the cottage pie I cooked last night so I didn't have to today.

17/11/2012 at 17:33

chili - well done on your girls and you at the parkrun, sounds like great fun

OH has taken big boy to see Skyfall so little one and I are having a bit of time alone which is nice

17/11/2012 at 17:56

Hi all!

Chili - Glad to hear you have had a fun day. I'm sure you'll be fantastic tomorrow: you can do a lot with 5 chords!!

Ecky - well done on your 2 weeks without alcohol!  Apart from a glass of wine about 2 years ago and a sip from my dad's beer glass when I see him it's been 12 years for me. 

AF - Good luck for tomorrow!

RR - well done on your run! So pleased your knee is doing well.

Loula - hope you are having a good time!

MC - Enjoy your time with little one and well done on your gym session.

Hi Franny, Matt, Rocker By'eck and all!

Concert was brill on Thursday night.  They played Star wars, Spiderman, Mission Impossible, Gladiator, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter.  The kids loved it and little 'un sat there conducting, bless him.   There is a concert every Thursday and next week daughter is keen to go to a more serious concert. Hope we can go.

I've been busy as usual; I had a parents meeting after school yesterday and didn't get home till after 8, and a seminar all day today. I managed to lose a filling today at the coffee break so I'll have to get to the dentist this week. 

Hoping for a run tomorrow when I take 2 big kids swimming,  but as something always crops up to stop me I'm not going to get overly excited. Hubby is home tomorrow evening.

Anyway, better go and do a few jobs around the house before Doctor Who.

xx

17/11/2012 at 19:58

Goodness Jude, I'm exhausted just reading your post. I think you must be superwoman. Great that your daughter wants to go again.

MC - have a lovely time with littl'un. I am trying in vain to get mine to bed cos I'm tired! And thus getting rather grouchy.

17/11/2012 at 20:06

chili - mine are being packed off to bed now. Luckily they more or less sort themselves out.

Jude - the concert sounds great - some brilliant music there. Nice that your girl wants to go to more

chili - hope you get a good sleep, you will be great on the guitar tomorrow

17/11/2012 at 21:02

Has anyone been to a baby shower? It appears that I am hosting on for a young lady in our church in a couple of weeks. But I know nothing about them.... Any ideas ladies?

17/11/2012 at 21:13
Tea, cake, silly games and presents
18/11/2012 at 07:55
Morning
How is everyone today.
Breakfast is served

No idea about baby showers Chili

Good luck AF boss today.looking forward to hearing race report and shopping report too lol

I am full of the cold boo,snotty nose sore throat etc and working
Have a good day everyone
18/11/2012 at 08:11
*$dashes in with birthday cake then runs out again to the sound of squeaking*
18/11/2012 at 08:17

morning

no idea about baby showers, so what by eck says!

by eck - whose birthday is it? Happy birthday to whoever it is

I am off to the gym soon, didn't sleep much cos OH kept snoring and kicking me, grrrr

franny - yuck, hope your cold clears up

18/11/2012 at 08:26
Miss by eck is 9 today.
Chili, if you need suggestions for games/activities please let me know. How did it go yesterday?
Franny, feeling poorly and being at work is horrible. I'll send up the tea trolley with some tasty, rejuvenating treats.
Mc, how is big boy now?
18/11/2012 at 11:05

happy birthday to miss by eck

big boy is fine. We knew he was feeling better on Friday evening when he started being mean to little boy

gym done, we are going to take big boy out for lunch as little boy is off to the theatre with my mum and a friend to see Vile Victorians. Big boy was supposed to go but didn't want to (has grown out of going out with granny!) and luckily has a music rehearsal as an excuse

18/11/2012 at 12:48

Hi everyone!

Happy birthday to Miss By'eck! Hope she has fun.

Franny - hope you feel better soon and that work goes quickly.

AF - Hope it went well. We are waiting for your report.

MC - have a nice lunch out.

Chili - don't know about baby showers either. Sorry!

I finally got out for a run.  Just a 5 miler but my first run for over 3 weeks. 

At home doing piano lessons now. I'm half way through daughter's lesson but she is having a break. Too much sight reading gives her concentration overload.....

Be back later for AF's report.

18/11/2012 at 14:50

afternoon all.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANASTASIA!!!!!!!

boss, hope the race went well today, sorry couldnt text a good luck but had poor signal and didnt take lappy with me to Essex-no time!! will await your report!

chili, wow you packed a lot in! hope the guitar playingwent ok too.! how was croydon? i think Parkrun director is Debs there.......

re:baby shower, i had one and generally its like a little tea party with food and snacks and then present opening...sometimes theres games like suggesting names etc..but generally a chitchat with food and gifts!!

franny awwww sis-hope your stinky cold goes thats pants , and just as you are getting over your injury too.

jude, yayyyy glad you had a run, concert sounds fabby! how often are they?

im back from Essex and had a fab time..lots of dancing , drinking, fab dresses and charity bids! i got signed Ricky Hatton boxing gloves!!! in pink!!!!!!

18/11/2012 at 15:21

Afternoon all

How is everyone? Just shooting through (as a certain Antipodean of my acquaintance may say )

I've read everything, and can't remember any of it!

Had a nice run this morning, beautiful frosty morning, and got to explore a new area - Hertford is a beautiful place, ran along an old railway line, then across some fields, and up and down some HILLS!!!!! Much more fun than running around flat old Fenland

Just had a lovely walk this afternoon around the local woods - literally 500m from her house

Right, i'm off to see what i've bought on eBay!

Take care everyone

18/11/2012 at 15:25

Jude - well done on getting a run in the schedule

rocker - good to hear from you

loula  pink boxing gloves??

18/11/2012 at 17:32

Ricky Hatton pink boxing gloves???

7.61km again for me today, including a nice fast hill (I'm done with just plodding up those things!)  Bloody cold, should've bought my gloves!  I'm going to pick up the 10k plan again next week.

One thing though: the Achillies tendon on the same leg as the knee is a bit sore - I've only noticed that since I started wearing the knee support - I don't know if it's because it's too tight or something, or whether it's an entirely unrelated issue.  It's not bad, just a bit sore.

Edited: 18/11/2012 at 17:54
18/11/2012 at 18:11

RR - the knee support will be changing the way you run, and this could be affecting the achillies - be careful. Well done on a fast hill though

14,901 to 14,920 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.