Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,921 to 14,940 of 15,643 messages
18/11/2012 at 18:21

Cheers, Mathschick - I'll keep a close eye on it.  With the knee being the predominant problem, it's easy to get tunnel vision and to forget that there are a multitude of other things that can go wrong with us runners.

Just cleared Week 3 of 100 pushups plan, so now on to Week 4.  I've had to repeat each week at least once so far though and Week 4 looks like it's going to dial things up a notch.

Time for chinups now.

18/11/2012 at 18:24

Happy Birthday Miss Byeck!

Loula - pleased you had a great weekend. Sounds very good fun.

Rocker - wonderful to hear the smile in your words and that you have had such a great weekend

RR - no idea about the achillies but well done on the run.

Jude - well done on your run too.

Wonder how the Boss is getting on?

Well, the guitar playing this morning went well. To be honest, our church is so lovely and friendly that they are delighted with anything! But I led the worship with My Big Girl and No.2 singing and No.3 playing her guitar. All three of them take after their Dad who is very musical with a lovely voice. He sang up front with us for one song too, so it was kind of Von Trapp Family look! And of course the church thought it was wonderful.... but was probably rather cheesy.

18/11/2012 at 18:27

Perhaps offer to do 'Farewell, Adieu' as a Christmas Special?

18/11/2012 at 18:31

chili - sounds like a lovely service this morning, you must be so proud of your girls

RR - well done on the press ups - I have started trying to do some, but the girly knee pushups because I really can't do the others. Did try a pull up but just dropped like a lead weight! Don't want to pull my arms out of my sockets, although there is a machine at the gym that has a kneeling bit to take some of your weight so am doing a couple every time I am at the gym

18/11/2012 at 18:44

Evening,

Just got back.

Thanks for all of the good luck wishes.

I willl catch up and do a full reprt tomorrow,but I am pleased to say that I smashed my PB by 5 minutes & 10 seconds. Delighted to finish my 1/2 in 1.37.10! So happy Boss.  

18/11/2012 at 18:50

well done boss 

18/11/2012 at 19:17

Wow!! AF -that's amazing!  Well done you! I bet you are over the moon.

18/11/2012 at 19:25

wow thats fab boss!!!!!!!!!! you izzzz speedy

18/11/2012 at 19:36

just worked out your average pace - it is quicker than I run my quickest interval can't imagine running that fast for more than 30 seconds...

18/11/2012 at 20:29

Hola all.  Long time no see.  I've been a busy boy this week at work, so absolutely no time for this place at all.  Anyway, was teaching on a business course this week at a posh country house hotel, so had access to gym in the mornings.  Monday was the first time back in the gym for ages.  1.5k row and 1.5k run before I figured I should call it a day.  Tuesday morning was worse.  Did the 1.5k row, and then tried to run.  It wasn't feeling good - only managed about 500m before I had to bail.  Managed 1.5k bike ride though.  And then promptly spent the rest of the week doing 14 hour days.  

18/11/2012 at 21:06

WooHooo!!!!! Well done Boss!!!! What a fantastic time.

Hi Mr Byeck - well done in getting to the gym.

18/11/2012 at 21:06
mathschick wrote (see)

chili - sounds like a lovely service this morning, you must be so proud of your girls

RR - well done on the press ups - I have started trying to do some, but the girly knee pushups because I really can't do the others. Did try a pull up but just dropped like a lead weight! Don't want to pull my arms out of my sockets, although there is a machine at the gym that has a kneeling bit to take some of your weight so am doing a couple every time I am at the gym

That's good, Mathschick - the assisted pullup/chinups are recommended by the plan if you're struggling to do unassisted ones.  It's got a couple of 'minus' weeks designed to get people to the level where they can begin to tackle the plan proper.

Howdy, Mr By 'Eck.

Holy... AF - you really did trash your time today, didn't you? 

18/11/2012 at 22:25

RR - I need more minus weeks to get to the point where I can do the minus weeks in the plan

hi mr by eck - well done in the gym, it is your knee stopping you from running?

19/11/2012 at 07:39

Morning all!

Chili - glad the guitar playing went well.  

Loula - sounds like a fab weekend.

Mr By'eck - what a tough week for you.  Hope this week is easier. 

Franny - how's your cold today?

Hi everybody else!

I'm on SEMINAR WEEK! It appears that my school is one of 2 schools in Bursa that have a half term holiday. Yipee!  I still have lots of work and 3 days of seminars but at least no lessons.  My kids still have school (daughter in the morning and boys in the afternoon session).

No run today for me though as I have a 2 hour private lesson this afternoon on the other side of the city and I'm at home with the boys this morning while hubby finishes the translation work from his Istanbul trip.  Hope to get out sometime tomorrow.

BFN xx

Edited: 19/11/2012 at 07:41
19/11/2012 at 08:33

morning all

Jude - great to have a break - bet you need it! Good thing is that no more marking can accumulate during the week. Hope the seminars are good

I am going to do some housework today, we are having new windows fitted soon - maybe as soon as next week so I need to get the house into a reasonable state so they can actually get to the windows

19/11/2012 at 09:25

Morning

Race Report Gosport 1/2 Marathon.

I got picked up at 7.15 am by one of the ladeis from the running club. The first thing we said was that it was perfect conditions for a good time! Oops we had put pressure on ourselves before we had started.

4 of us when together (moi and three ladies!). We got there at 9.00 am for a 10.00 am  start. It was a tad chilly but a lovely sunny day. For those who don't know Gosport is on the cast next to Portsmouth. After all of us dithering about what to wear we got to the start on time.

As usual I lined up alongside the top runner of the club. The paace was quick on a very flat course. I fel pretty good and my 1st few miles were 7.07,7.09,7.04,7.00 and 7.09 at this pace I knew I was on for a good time. A lot of the race was around an airfield and around roads. Not the most scenic of races until later on. I did slow down at mile 6 and slipped to a 7.25 mile. Wasn't overtly concerned as I knew I was on course for a sub 1.40 time. At this stage I was ahead of our star lady by about 10 seconds. But I was in her sights!! Mile 7 was a poor one with a 7.32 minute time and I nearly chocked on my shot block.(Need to sort out gels/shot blocks for my next long race!).

Miles 8 & 9 were 7.22 minute miles and enjoyable as I was following an attractive lady in lycra! Mile 10 we hit the coast and I felt that I was struggling and slowing down a bit. Then I heard "hello Alistair" and it was Dawn my nemesis!!  I though I would beat her! But no....she said keep going and I did although felt a bit painfull and was willing the end to come. However, running along the coast was great seeing the boats in the sea an tranquil water.

Mile 12 was a 7.39 minute mile and I was rather annoyed with myself. But I know I just had to keep going and as I approached the finish line I felt so good stopped my Garmin and 1.37.10 was the time! A full 5 minutes kncoked off my PB. Not bad for the former fat boy who is 48!

What I would have to say is that any of you want a PB race this is the one as long as it isn't windy!!! 

Then it was lunch and a couple of drinks an hour of shopping.They all bought something...I didn't.

Bye for now....

I may doa  4-5 mile recovery run later.  

Edited: 19/11/2012 at 09:26
19/11/2012 at 09:44

great race report boss, well done

19/11/2012 at 09:51
mathschick wrote (see)

hi mr by eck - well done in the gym, it is your knee stopping you from running?

Knee mainly.  Just the weight going through the knee.  Right ankle still isn't healed properly though, but that only hurts if I land awkwardly.  If I'm careful on it, I'm fine.  Still stretching it out on a daily basis - if there was any bone damage, I think that's healed sufficiently now, think its all soft tissue damage.

19/11/2012 at 15:50

be careful with that knee mr by eck, and the ankle

back from physio, he has told me to go for a fast walk for half an hour, so will set off once OH is home

got a door key cut for big boy, and guess what, it doesn't work, grrrrrr very fed up about that, will have to go back to town and take it back, cost £5.50 too, very annoying

19/11/2012 at 16:11

Boss !!!!!!!!! you are AMAZINGLY FABBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  wish i could run that fast-i bow down to the master and prince of speed

14,921 to 14,940 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.