Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,941 to 14,960 of 15,643 messages
19/11/2012 at 16:35

AF - fab report boss.  Gosh you are so fast!  Wish I could run one mile at that speed.

MC - How annoying!

Well, a parcel arrived today from my parents (christmas presents for the kids) but we have had to pay about 30 pounds import duty on it. I suppose I should be grateful it has arrived as things often get lost in the post here.

Anyway, dentist tomorrow....

xx

19/11/2012 at 17:28

jude - that is an awful lot of import duty, how annoying

physio told me to go for a fast walk so I went and walked just over 2 miles in about half an hour. Was so nice to be out. Erm, not much slower than I run really....

I have the dentist tomorrow with little one for checkups, big boy should have been coming too, but is on a school trip to a science centre

19/11/2012 at 18:24

MC - glad you enjoyed your walk! Good luck at the dentist.  I have to have a new filling.

OK so can anybody tell me if I'm being over sensitive.  I sent a message to a 'friend' who goes to coffee every Thursday afternoon with some other expat housewives. My message asked her when and where they are meeting nowadays as I would like to join them as I was free this week. Anyway, she sent a message back saying that there would be nobody there as they were going out for lunch to celebrate one of their birthdays.  (I also know the lady whose birthday it is.) No invitation to join them. Isn't this a bit nasty? Why wouldn't they ask me?  Haven't answered this reply as I don't know what to say.......Wish I didn't care...

Bye for now...

Jude no-mates.....x

19/11/2012 at 18:51

oh Jude, that is horrible. Do you think she understood that you are free all day, did she just think you are free in the afternoon? 

I think my anorexic friends have dumped me as I haven't heard from them for ages. They are all on facebook so must know about my knee problems and that I have been off work. But none of them have even commented on facebook.

It is worse when you are living abroad though, as friends can be hard to come by, and you feel like you need them more when you are a long way from family.

Do you want to join them for lunch? Could you reply in a way that you invite yourself along - or contact the woman whose birthday it is? 

20/11/2012 at 05:23

Morning all.

MC - thanks for replying. Sorry I didn't get back here last night.  Thinking about it now, I suppose I don't want to join them for lunch anymore.  I keep making an effort to stay in touch with this group and it appears to be a waste of time.  I just wish there was an alternative group. It is horrible that your group haven't commented about your knee too.  Sometimes facebook rubs salt in the wound.  I often see my group's photos at lunch or something and I feel very left out. 

Anyway, I'm taking my boys to their swimming training this morning and then to school and I have the dentist this afternoon. Little'un wants me to watch his training so no run for me today.

Have a good day all!

20/11/2012 at 06:54

morning

oh Jude, it is horrible, but probably just time to move on and forget about them - for both of us. Have you got another group of friends? or just family? To be honest, I only really have family and I guess the people at tri club are probably my friends now, although I am not that close to them.

well, going to bike and swim today

20/11/2012 at 08:17
Morning Jude and mc

AF, top report dude and an amazing time! Well done!
20/11/2012 at 08:19
Sorry I've been quiet. Moo is poorly again. So far it's a cold with a developing cough but I'm hopeful he'll soon be ok.
Jude, that does sound a really tricky situation to be in. It is very hard if you don't have friends around to talk to.
Boss, fab race and report. How are the legs today?
20/11/2012 at 08:19

Matt - how are you doing?

20/11/2012 at 08:21

morning by eck

sorry to hear moo is poorly again. 

20/11/2012 at 09:00

MOOOOOOOOORNIN

Sorry I have not been on for a bit but really busy week this week so had to put a laptop ban on myself so I get things done .

By Eck Im sorry Moo is poorly. I hope he gets better soon.

Boss thats a fab report and an amazing time. Gosh Boss you are a running hero.

Little run for me in a bit but taking it easy as racing on Sun. Its a 10k but will be more of C/C than road so will take my old shoosies. I have run in them before so should be ok I will just have to take it steady so I dont fall on me Bum.

Hope everyone else is okay, sorry not read back properly yet.

20/11/2012 at 09:27

Morning By'eck and Ecky

Knee is still an issue mc. No running, the pain has moved to a different place. seeing the pyhsio tomorrow. Hows yours doing?

20/11/2012 at 09:36

Does everyone on here have dodgy knees?  I know everyone at work on the team I work in has dodgy knees - it seems to be a theme here.

20/11/2012 at 09:39
I don't have dodgy knees! Unless you think they're dodgy....
My problem is no time to run.

Matt, is the pain still in your knee or is it a referred pain?
20/11/2012 at 10:20

Matt - my knee is improving, not enough to run yet, but definitely getting better

good luck with the physio, hope you have a good physio, I have saw a physio in the past that was a bit rubbish really, didn't really understand running... current physio is brill and used to be the physio for Notts county FC and has worked with a few elite sportspeople so really understands and knows how to get people training again

off to the gym and for a swim soon

20/11/2012 at 12:41

Afternoon folks.

Sorry not been around but have been laid low with this bad cold..all headachy,shivery and just genarally unwell..was not off work though yesterday wish I hadn't bothered..boss was in a hell of a mood.Anyway on days off now and me and hubby are going away for the weekend..loking forward to it.

AF......AMAZING time....well done on you thrashing out a PB...Great race report...loved reading it

MC..well done on your fast walking..it won't be long till your running again.

By'eck...belated happy birthday to anastasia hope poorly Moo is feeling better.

Jude..Christmas post already...very organized grandparents..do you know what they are??? sounds like those so called friends are not worth it Jude but i guess it is very hard in a foreign country,,,chin up hun..there will be other friends to be found..sometimes we just outgrow some people for no real reason. And your not Jude no mates..you have ussssssssssssssssssss in here.

Loula...sis sounds like you had a fabby dabby time on your weekend..heard about you dancin on the tables...erm..was I supossed to keep that quiet.  Pink boxing gloves..so very you

Rocker.Oooooooooooooooo sounds like you had a wonderful run and walk...nice to hear that your happy again after your tough few months...

RR..take care of that achilles..they are horrible injuries if ignored...i think MC is probably right.

Chilli..Aw thet made me smile...The Von Trapp family..sounds like it was wonderful

Matt...m,lad...you take care of that knee and hope the physio can get you sorted out real soon.

Well because of the start of my cold on Friday I haven't went out running yet and am having a rest from the gym this week to..will start up again after we get back from our weekend away.

Hope everyone is having a nice day  

20/11/2012 at 13:31

Afternoon,

Thanks for everyones kind words. I still feel good but acey. I reckon I would have smashed my 10k time as well. I estimate it woulh have been c43minutes. Will go for a 10k PB next year. Currently 45.02.

Franny-Quite a post.Where are you off to with Mr Franny at the weekend?

Jude-That is a shame but we are all your friends. Are thse women Turks or English?

Matt-Hope the physio sort you out.

MC-Sounds like you are sonn going to be running. I guess it is no loss to lose your anoxeic friends.

Ecky-So I am a running hero! My ego will get big! If I can inspire other people to run that is fine by me.Shame it is the only sport I am any good at!

byeck-How is little Mo?

Hi Chilli,Rocker,LLB etc

I went out for a 4.75 achey run yesterday and s slow and achey 5.5 mile run today. My body will rests tomorrow!   

20/11/2012 at 13:54
Little moo is fulk of cold. Much coughing and a very runny nose. His eyes are watery too. But, we have a new recipe - double choc chip and orange pancakes. Not good for my diet but fab for moo
20/11/2012 at 13:58

by eck - oh that sounds nasty, there are some horrible bugs around at the moment. The recipe sounds good

AF - think you need a rest day

franny - hope your cold clears up in time for your weekend away - where are you going?

20/11/2012 at 14:48

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs up and hugs jude* we iz your friendies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boss you are amazing-and another run today!!!! you are putting us to shame(well me) i havnt run  for a week-had a hurty head sunday so didnt

14,941 to 14,960 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.