Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,961 to 14,980 of 15,643 messages
20/11/2012 at 15:01

Oh dear a hurt head- what did you do Loula? Too much partying!!

MC-Yes I am looking forward to a break tomorrow!

20/11/2012 at 17:48

yeah Boss, lotta partaying

MC, matt and RR,hope you take care of yourselves and get those injuries sorted. at least its winter and best time to rest and get ourselves fit for the springtime 

what plans has everyone got for 2013?

20/11/2012 at 17:52

plans for 2013? A half ironman - even if I have to walk the run bit!! That is my main aim. Would like to do a marathon, but not at the detriment of the half ironman

21/11/2012 at 07:02

morning

getting very quiet on here

off to physio  in a bit

back to work tomorrow - that will be a shock

21/11/2012 at 08:12

mooooooorning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where is everyone??? *echoes*

21/11/2012 at 09:44

Morning!

Sorry I have been awol a bit too. Like Franny & Ecky I have just been so manically busy, not sleeping well and fighting a sore throat/hot eyes/stuffy nose. Yesterday morning I had to give in and phone to say I wouldn't be at the baby group I help run... did mean I got lots of admin and prep done.

Hope all sick and hurty people feel better soon *big hugs all round*

Jude - special big hugs to you. Maybe we should have our CRAC towers Christmas party in Turkey this year? Can we find the plane we hijacked last year? Ecky and Loula where did you hide it?

My plans for 2013 currently consist of the half-ironman in June. I was hoping to do the Berlin marathon but it sold out in 3 1/2 hrs Am still going over to visit my brother and we will spend the weekend cycling which is his love.

So I need an autumn marathon. Matt (my favourite running partner and absolutely hero) do you think you'll be mended by then? Shall we find an October marathon to do together?

Might consider druids. You can walk it can't you? Perhaps I'll do two days of run/walk.

Have to go... am supposed to working... then I have to make pumpkin pies this afternoon ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow Have 16 people to cook for.

21/11/2012 at 12:01

Morning all,

A flying visit.

Pleans for 2013;-

A Marathon

Sub 45 minute 10k

Others TBC!

Resting today.

21/11/2012 at 12:37

ooh, maybe we should plan a crac team marathon outing, I would love to meet you all.

physio has told me to start some run/walking, excited but scared.....told me to do it on a treadmill so will go to gym later and have a little try

21/11/2012 at 13:27

Afternoony all

just back from a very muddy big dog walkie round the resevoirs and hills....it's where I usually run and am itching to get back out there properly...having done some treadmill runs I think i am ready to get back outside yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but will wait till after my weekend away and hopefully this cold will have gone too....We iz off for a norty  weekend in Amsterdam..well Rotterdam and then to a lovely wee village that we love...so pretty...just time away the 2 of us will be nice ...we try and do this as we don't really go out much here..so save our pennies for a weekend away and the flights are so cheap from Edinburgh to Amsterdam if you book early enough.

MC...great news bout the walk/run...take it easy though.

Chilli...hope you get over the sniffles..mine is much improved but just been so so sleepy so i have been giving in to it and listening to my body for once.

My aims for 2013...NOT TO GET INJURED and well to get my mara PB in Edinburgh and just to enjoy my running and hopefully be faster and stronger.

21/11/2012 at 13:46

Loula pssssttttttttttt.......LOULAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we will need to find the pilot and CoPilot for the flight to Turkey...........i will try and see if there are any suitable candidates when i go to airport on Saturday....

21/11/2012 at 13:58

The achillies soreness seems a bit better now.  I'm going to take the rest of the week off and go again next Tuesday with week five of the 10k plan.

I'd also love to go 2013 completely injury free as well, but I bet it doesn't happen.  At least I'm confident it won't involve the troublesome knee.  Also on my radar for 2013: complete both the 100 pushups and 25 pullup/chinups plans.

Edited: 21/11/2012 at 14:00
21/11/2012 at 14:06
Runs in with warm carrot cakes topped with cream cheese icing, and a large pot of tea.
It's certainly blowing a hoolie out there. Ok, back to the sick room
21/11/2012 at 14:11

I wouldn't go out in that if you paid me...

21/11/2012 at 14:18

oh by eck, is moo still ill? Hope you aren't ill

mmmm, carrot cake

21/11/2012 at 14:18

It's a beautiful sunny autumy day here...not to last though..wind and rain forecast for tomoz.

ooooooooooooooooo yes pleez By'eck.......carrot cake sounds delishio....yummeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and a nice cuppa too...fank yooooooooooooo

21/11/2012 at 14:20

MC...how was your walk/run at the gym today?????

21/11/2012 at 14:22

haven't been yet franny - I am planning lessons for tomorrow, going to bake some brownies to take in too (any excuse!!). big boy has his swimming lesson at 5:15, so going to take him and go then

21/11/2012 at 14:24
Sounds like a good plan MC. Yes, it is moo who is poorly. A really bad cough, heavynreathing a very runny nose. He's not sleeping because of the cough.
Franny, did Chico enjoy his walk?
21/11/2012 at 14:35

*runs in*

Hiya, sorry got a manic week this week. Hope everyone is okay. By Eck how is our Moo?

*runs back out*

21/11/2012 at 14:40

by eck - hope it doesn't turn into a chest infection

hi ecky

14,961 to 14,980 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.