Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

14,981 to 15,000 of 15,643 messages
21/11/2012 at 15:40
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
Runs in with warm carrot cakes topped with cream cheese icing, and a large pot of tea.
It's certainly blowing a hoolie out there. Ok, back to the sick room

mmmm yes please, by eck , does moo need a nurse? i will gladly do bedsick duty for you

franny sis!!!!!!!! ooo you iz having a norteeeee weekend away....that sounds fabbydoo....aw hope lickle chico wasnt weighted down in mud!

chili, yes you can indeed walk druids, i think a few people did the 3 days with a run/walk/run option. i will prob do it again next year.

my aims for 2013:

do 50mile ultra faster

do 85miler in under cut off

do more B2B runs

run in as many different beautiful areas as possible

21/11/2012 at 15:50

Hi all.

Oh yes, come to Turkey for Christmas!

Thanks for your lovely comments. You are fab friends!!  I now have another private lesson booked at the time they are having their lunch tomorrow and my student is a very kind, friendly and funny Turkish lady so I'll have fun and earn some dosh at the same time. Hopefully, I won't miss my other 'friends ' at all!

Get well wishes to Moo and other poorly peeps: Franny, Chilli, anybody else? Take care and keep warm.

My middle son now has the stomach bug and finally got to sleep at 4 this morning.  He is a very good patient though and was even trying to tidy up his lego between heaves last night. So, I stayed at home with him this morning and went to a private lesson this afternoon. Still have loads of school work that I haven't even looked at yet and I have a seminar Friday and Saturday.  Whoops! I'd better find some time tomorrow.

Anyway, lovely autumn weather here.  Quite cold and blowy but sun still shining.

No plans for next year as yet. (Except give up full time work if hubby finds a job as I have had enough working in schools....also I need more time for myself, my kids and my running.)

BFN folks.  xx

21/11/2012 at 15:54

aw jude thats an improvement and yes you dont need those stuffy ol friends-you have new ones and us totally bonkers ones here you arnt getting rid of us y'know! oooooo thatd be lovely to give up work and just do your things and run-id love that. i feel like im only just catching myself coming back round in a circle some days....

glad you have sun-here has been as dark as night today and we have local flooding too. hope your boy gets bettter soon jude x

21/11/2012 at 16:05

Thanks Loula.   He's feeling a bit better and he's eaten something.

I won't be able to give up work completely but I'd like to work part time and maybe in a language course with adults instead of kids.  All depends on hubby though...

21/11/2012 at 17:35

Jude-Hope your lad gets better asap. There is a lot of illness going around.

Franny- A naughty weekend away. Enjoy. Fingers crossed that you are running again next week. 

LLB-Some good targets for next year. 85 miler-mad!! How about a year of impeccable behaviour!

MC-Like you I would like to meet some one from this thread. Should be one of my aims for 2013.

BFN

21/11/2012 at 18:34

Jude - hope your boy gets better soon

well, been to the gym, did a bot of run/walk, although not as much as the physio said, felt strange, a bit tight and odd, although not really painful. anyway, I'll try again on Saturday, don't think I'll have time to get to the gym to use the treadmill before then

21/11/2012 at 20:12

Franny - forgot to say to enjoy your weekend away and hope you have good cycling weather.

Ecky - hope you are coping with the hectic week.

Daughter came home from school with excellent news.  She came top in her year (out of 124 children) in  the mid term exam held last week. She is really pleased as she works so hard.

21/11/2012 at 20:13

MC - hope your day back at work goes smoothly tomorrow.

21/11/2012 at 20:23

Jude - well done to your daughter, that is brilliant

I am sitting here wishing I had done something constructive and useful in the last 3 weeks!! 

21/11/2012 at 22:32
Fab news Jude. Did she get a special tea?
Moo will be going to the drs tomorrow.
Mc, you have been getting better. That is the most important thing
22/11/2012 at 07:24
Morning all

Sorry I'm not around much, don't seem to have a lot of time online at the mo, work is manic (not in a good way ) so I can't even sneak on there!
Plans for next year? Still fluid lol! Run some more ultras!

Right, disappearing again... Keep safe everyone, and don't overwork if you're injured/recovering - don't forget, it's the end of a long season, your body needs rest and to rebuild ready for next year...
22/11/2012 at 07:56
Grabs rocker for a quick.birthday kiss and cuddle
22/11/2012 at 08:04

morning

whose birthday? by eck is it yours? Happy birthday

back at work, loads to do....

22/11/2012 at 08:16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR ULTRA ROCKER....Have a great day

22/11/2012 at 08:21

Morning everyone else

Hope your 1st day back at work goes smoothly MC.

By'eck...Hope Moo is ok and the docs cn sort him out..Hopefully he will fight the nast infection off...poor wee mite....How are you ?

Well its chcking it down here today..what a change from yesterday...don't thimk Chico will be liking his walks today..we are off to Dunbar...maybe the weather will be better there. evert he optimist...lol

Have a nice day Cracers whatever your all up to.

22/11/2012 at 09:29

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKER

(thanks franny)

my classroom is boiling and there aren't any kids in it yet! going to be a sweaty day I think!

22/11/2012 at 09:30

Happy Birthday Rocker!!!!! Hugs and kisses from all the ladies in our house..... I'm sure Mr Chili will be along at some point to shake your hand or something manly like that. Hope you have a great day and not too much stress at work.

Franny - sounds like the weather we had here yesterday. Not so wet at the moment.

Today is Thanksgiving so apart from my pilates class at 11am I am cooking all day. Off to start preping the veges

22/11/2012 at 09:37

Happy Birthday Rocker! Hope you have a great day! xxx

Franny - have a good day.  I'm sorry I got muddled up with the cycling.  Chili mentioned it and I'm easily confused 

By'eck - no special tea for Elif as she eats alone when she gets back from swimming training.  She got a certificate from school though and we are taking her to a concert tonight: Tchaikovsky's 4th symphony, Vivaldi's concerto for 2 cellos and something else...I can't remember. How is Moo today?

BFN x

22/11/2012 at 10:27

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RO-CKER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mooooooornin.

Hi Franny, we have had lots of rain too. Kids have been stuck in all lunchtime and they are fed up. Its dry at the moment but its supposed to be bad. I am expecting my race to be cancelled on Sun as it floods easily.

Hiya Mathschick, sounds very cosy.

Hi Chilli, sounds like you have a busy day ahead.

Hi By Eck, is Moo any better today?

Well I'm really really sad. One of our Running group is leaving to move Ooop North. She is so lovely and I am really guna miss her. I'm so proud though as she has already joined a group up there. I have been and got her a Cake and we will have a little drink after to say Goodbye and Good Luck. Oh and my manic week has eased Thankfully so I can keep up with you lot

22/11/2012 at 11:24
Ear infection in his hearing ear. Antibiotics and an inhaler
14,981 to 15,000 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.