Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,041 to 15,060 of 15,643 messages
24/11/2012 at 10:55

I've set a PB!!!!

I haven't run for a week cos of sore throats and migranes. But this morning we went to Parkrun in the freezing cold. Got to the start line with my big girl and realised I needed another wee.. oh well, too late now... SO we started off really well and my legs felt great. So I told my daughter I was going for a PB. The last one we set together was over 2 years ago at 29:15. We've got close a few times but I was feeling good.

Anyway about 1/4 way round I realised I was going to do it easily but my big girl didn't want to so she dropped back. So for the first time since beginning to run 3 yrs ago I was running a 5k without any children in tow. I did it in 27:56

Then ran off to the toilet pretty quick too.

24/11/2012 at 11:29
Woo-hoo. Well done
24/11/2012 at 11:32
( falls asleep again)
24/11/2012 at 11:35

Chilli-Well done. You must be chuffed. 

LLB-Wish it was frosty and clear here insted of the rain. 

Ecky-Hope foot isn't too painful.  

7.3 mile run for me this morning..Managed to run off some of last nights curry and beer!!!

Must go as cooking for tonights dinner party.Speak later.

24/11/2012 at 12:44

chili - well done how you managed to run fast needing a wee I don't know!

ecky - hope your foot is ok

the gym cheered me up, but I couldn't stay as long as I wanted really because I had errands/jobs to do, then got home and OH annoyed me. Maybe I am just in a grumpy mood, don't know!

24/11/2012 at 14:17

yay chili !!!!!!!!!!!! thats fabby!!

aw its raining here too all morning-no run now for me got cold and wet going to dance school , then town, then back to dnce school then to take missy to friends-now snuggly by fire.

MC, OH always annoy. they are just born to do it.

24/11/2012 at 14:20

loula - glad it is not just me that feels that way sometimes

savouring a rare moment of peace - kids are both bag packing at the co-op with scouts and OH has gone to asda. He never gets everything we need but it makes him feel useful

I know I should be doing housework, but I just want a few moments to enjoy some silence...

24/11/2012 at 14:30

yuck, the rain has reached us now - it is truly horrible outside

well, better do some housework before the marauding hordes get back and undo all my work

24/11/2012 at 14:33

i know that feeling MC, this a.m i was the only one awake and i cherished the 45minutes juts being able to sit in peace with cup of tea and browse the xmas catalogues.....bliss

24/11/2012 at 14:39

oops, only did the washing up and need to go and get them soon, oh well

a bit of sanity time was needed

24/11/2012 at 14:45

yes...just peace

24/11/2012 at 15:37

Hi all!

Chili - well done on your PB!

AF - well done on your run. Hope the dinner is a success.

MC - well done on getting to the gym.  My biggest grumble is ALWAYS about work but OH and kids drive me crazy sometimes too!!!

It's teachers' day here in Turkey and our school is giving a dinner to teachers and their families this evening.  My best friend at school is back from Australia (her mother died and she went back for two weeks.) She won't be coming tonight though as obviously she is still very teary.   I feel so sorry for her as the circumstances were tragic and she was so far away from her mother.  It makes me think about my own family so far away in England......

Anyway, have a good evening guys.

24/11/2012 at 15:42

Jude - have a good evening, so sorry to hear about your friend. Such a long way from her family

25/11/2012 at 07:25

morrrrrrrrrrrrrning ...........how is everyone?*looks around empty CRAC livingroon* hello? heloooooooooo?????????????

25/11/2012 at 08:19
Lou, shhh! I've only just got little moo settled
25/11/2012 at 08:52

*whispers* sorreeeeeeeeeee *switches on lullaby music*

25/11/2012 at 08:54

morning

can't believe you didn't notice me in the middle of the living room on the turbo loula!

by eck - hope moo is getting better

25/11/2012 at 09:29

Awww, poor moo...

Morning everyone. Good turboing MC Have a bike ride booked for tomorrow morning if it is not pouring with rain.

25/11/2012 at 09:47
Mc, have you managed to get the turbo hooked up to a dynamo? It would be a really good way of powering our glitterball.
Little moo has been told he must get better quickly otherwise his mummy and daddy will turn into zombies. I suspect that the lurking cough and wheeze could be asthmatic. He is so good taking his inhaler. Yesterday,his car had to have some too.
25/11/2012 at 10:41
Moo has now made his first cakes - chocolate chip. He helped me to tip and stir, then spooned the mixture into the cases. He even helped to clean up!
15,041 to 15,060 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.