Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,061 to 15,080 of 15,643 messages
25/11/2012 at 10:53

Get well wishes to Moo and hope his mummy and daddy get some rest today. Zombies wouldn't be a good look.

Just back from kids swimming and a 5 miler for me.  Quite slow but I tried to do some 200m bursts.

Hope you get a bike ride tomorrow Chili.

Lovely sunny day today and I just picked a fig from the garden.  It must be the latest in the year that there have still been figs on the trees.  Still got grapes too. Our little quomquot (spelling? no idea) tree is packed with fruit. Hubby is cutting our hedge and burning the branches so there is a lot of smoke. It's a big job as the hedge is 2 metres high. Anyway, enough of the garden.  Does anybody else do any gardening? It's almost as addictive as running.

I have a mountain of work to do plus kids' piano lessons this afternoon. Daughter is doing grade 5 and son is doing grade1 in January so we can't miss any lessons. Wish I could be a piano teacher full time.

Have a good day all!

xxx

25/11/2012 at 10:54

Well done Moo!

25/11/2012 at 13:27

Jude - all that fruit sounds yummy. 

well done to moo on his cooking skills

25/11/2012 at 13:48
Kumquat? Jude, can I come to your house and pacman through the fruit? I am good at cooking jams and pies and prepping it for the freezer
25/11/2012 at 18:30

Howdy all!

The achillies soreness seems to have faded away entirely now.  I'm going to start running again next week - I think I'll stick to flat 5k runs for now, until I've got used to the new way of running imposed by the knee support.

I've found another plan to get stuck into as well: 200 squats.   Same format as the pushups and pullups plans.

25/11/2012 at 21:14

aw by eck thats lovely that moo did some baking with you.....bet they are yummy!!!!!!

25/11/2012 at 21:21
Erm, I would offer to share some but there is a bit of a problem with that...
25/11/2012 at 22:02

have they all been eaten?

back from swimming, I saved my apple and banana crumble for when I got back

RR - good to know the achillies is ok, be careful with it

26/11/2012 at 07:45

MORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

26/11/2012 at 08:02
Morning Lou! I actually got some sleep last night. Olbas oil in his bath seems to have helped. ( falls asleep again)
26/11/2012 at 08:08

morning

hope everyone is staying safe from the flooding, there is quite a bit near me, not enough to stop me getting to work though

26/11/2012 at 09:22

Morning!

Keeps raining so am not doing a long bike ride this morning. Will go for a run later instead - somehow I don't mind running in the rain.

Hope Moo is a bit better.

26/11/2012 at 13:11

Afternoon,

byeck-Moo's cakes looked great.

RR-Good to here you are about to get running again.

Miserable day down here. Did go for a quick run and got soaked.3.25 miles in 26 minutes.

Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow.  

26/11/2012 at 14:18
Little moo went to see a nice lady Dr who got a bit worried and made him breathe magic air. He has more medicine to take ( it's not banana) and another magic spray to make it easier to breathe. We have to see her again in a week. He was absolutely amazing. Honestly, he did everything we wanted without a fuss. Just accepted it all.
26/11/2012 at 14:43

I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this, by'ecks.  I can't begin to imagine how difficult this must be on all of you.

But so pleased that little moo is such a good patient.  I know that must be delightful for all working with him. 

Prayers coming you way.

26/11/2012 at 15:00
Thank you chilis. Thank you also for your prayers.
I'm sure I won't be quite so thrilled with him during the night when I'm doing 4-hourly inhalers but my life has changed in so many positive ways since he came into it.
26/11/2012 at 17:18

evening all

breakthrough today - some of my year 10s stayed behind for extra maths, and a couple of my year 10s asked me if I could do some extra with them too

exhausting, but it is nice when kids want to try to do well

by eck - hope the new medicine does what it needs to. Getting up in the night for inhalers will be hard for you. I'll be thinking of you

26/11/2012 at 18:49

Sounds like you're really going through it, By 'Eck - I hope matters improve soon.  For what it's worth, my nephew had to use an inhaler when he was a baby, but the condition cleared up - his breathing is completely fine now (he's fifteen going on twenty one).

Edited: 26/11/2012 at 18:49
26/11/2012 at 19:53

*wheels in tea trolley with tea ,hot choc, marshmallows, crumpets and sympathy in bowls*(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

26/11/2012 at 20:00
Thanks Lou, that was much needed. I should leave some for the others tho. Do you know where we put the hot water bottles
15,061 to 15,080 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.