Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,081 to 15,100 of 15,643 messages
26/11/2012 at 23:55

I have the hot water bottles - have been finding fluffy covers for them all in rainbow colours

No bike ride and no run. Bad night's sleep, rain, lots of work and a cold coming on.

Hopefully will feel better tomorrow and manage a swim.

27/11/2012 at 04:29

Morning all!

Hope Moo is feeling a little better this morning and hope you could get some sleep By'eck.

Nice to hear about your year 10s MC.  That sort of thing makes it all worthwhile.

Hope you feel better Chili.

Good to hear about your achilles RR.

Hi everybody else!

No rain here but very cold. No chance of a run until Saturday though (as usual).

Have a good day everybody!! x

27/11/2012 at 06:46
I couldn't sleep so I have made a huge pan of yellow and green veg soup. Please help yourself for lunch/breakfast/tea. I might even manage to root out some corn bread later
27/11/2012 at 08:55

morning all

soup and corn bread sounds like just the thing by eck, thanks how is moo today?

27/11/2012 at 09:09
Had a bright start to the day but now worn himself out.
How's the knee now mc?
27/11/2012 at 11:39

it is improving, I am going to try another run/walk tonight on the treadmill

27/11/2012 at 13:24

Afternoon all,

byeck-Hope that Moo has a better day. You are really a mum in a million. 

MC-That must make you feel really good about your year 10's. Hope you have a good run/walk on treadmill.

Franny-Are you back we want to here all about your naughty weekend!

Hi Jude,Rocker,Matt,Chilli,byeck,LLB etc

Bit wet and miserable down in  Sussex but managed an 8.3 mile run in the showers.  

27/11/2012 at 14:14

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo friendeeeeees

Am back from my norty weekend away  and we had a fantastic wonderfull norteeeee time  weather wasn't great but we got out and about anyway and met some lovely folk along the way.

AND GUESS WHAT ????? I have just got back from a 3,23 mile run in 30 mins OUTSIDE Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy achilles only slightly tender but felt great to be out  there running again even though it feels like I am starting from the beginning again.

Chilli...Fantatic and well done on your PB at the weekend.

By'eck...Hope Moo gets real better soon so that you can catch up on sleep...OLBAS oil is great.

AF...well done on your 8.3 mile run in the showers.

Hope everyone else is fab...Am away to give Chico his 2nd walk of the day well after a cuppa...he is snoozing just now.

PS..has loula been behaving whilst i have been away??????????????

27/11/2012 at 16:20

I meant to go running today, but it's been raining incessantly, so I did my chinups and then hopped on my exercise bike instead.  I didn't do an hour - no, I did twenty minutes - like this:

Warmup 5 mins

8 sec sprints 12 sec recovery easy, for 10 minutes,

Cooldown 5 mins.

That was a heck of a workout.

I'm going to work up to 20 minutes for the main workout - I reckon that'll be far more effective than going medium/intense for an hour.

It's not raining anymore - so I might try and get out there for a 5k as well.

Edited: 27/11/2012 at 16:53
27/11/2012 at 17:39

Bit under 5k - no hills, achillies completely fine.

27/11/2012 at 17:42
Well done RR!
27/11/2012 at 18:06

franny - that's great news

RR - well done, good bike session

this morning - 50 minutes on the turbo

this evening - the whole session the physio told me to do, not totally pain free, but I did it, just hope I can walk tomorrow, I have iced and stretched and done my physio too

27/11/2012 at 18:32
FrannyT wrote (see)

AND GUESS WHAT ????? I have just got back from a 3,23 mile run in 30 mins OUTSIDE Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy achilles only slightly tender but felt great to be out  there running again even though it feels like I am starting from the beginning again.

Well done!!

27/11/2012 at 19:38

woohooooooooooooooooooo franny sis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heyyyy you had norteee time

27/11/2012 at 20:04
Just popping in.
Moo went back to the drs today. Another go on the nebulizer, and now steroids to help. Once again, he was a little star. It was ths same nurses as yesterday but a different Dr. We were there for.nearly 2 hours and I was trying to channel Mary poppins to keep him amused. He drew a picture for the nurses ( he shouted for the nurse and handed it to her). Honestly, ths child is that sweetmmost of the time.
27/11/2012 at 21:23

How old is your little one, By 'Eck?

27/11/2012 at 21:28
He'll be 3 in february
27/11/2012 at 21:31

They're so luvverly at that age.

27/11/2012 at 21:36
And not when older?
27/11/2012 at 21:46

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Awwww By Eck your Moo is just adorable. He is one Brave little Boy.

Franny, glad you had a lovely weekend.

Hiya Loula, Road Runner and anyone I have missed.

I have been having a bit of a running rest this week but plan to be back onto it next week. I just cant seem to get motivated. Ooh I had a mail on Twitter today from a Journalist saying she had seen my story in Women's Running and wanted me to do an interview. Thing is, I didn't even know it was going in and its not in the Dec one. I am just wondering how she has seen it. I am assuming it will be in the Jan issue.

15,081 to 15,100 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.