Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,161 to 15,180 of 15,643 messages
30/11/2012 at 08:16

oh by eck! (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

30/11/2012 at 09:42

By Eck, I think you need a (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))) too. That's just unbearable.

Morning Mathschick. Hope you get your ear sorted soon.

Just had walk to paper shop to get Women's Running mag as someone said it was out and there is my Story on page 20 on a full page. I am sooooo pleased as I have won  a Running Jacket. This has come at the best time as my old one has just about had it. I cant put things in the pockets anymore cos they are full of holes.

30/11/2012 at 09:46

ecky - that's great. I'll have a look at the mag at the weekend when we go to the shops without the kids

dr says I probably have a mild infection - he couldn't really see anything much, but best not to swim, which is a pain! lots of cycling coming up

30/11/2012 at 09:58

I hope it clears soon Mathschick. You will have to wrap up them ears in this cold. (Oh No I have turned into my Mother )

30/11/2012 at 12:00

Afternoon

Ecky that is fabby dabby news...don't usually buy womens running but may have to go get a copy now.

MC...take care of the chesty infection.

By'eck..hope you can cat nap to catch up on your lost sleep.

Gym day today for me and doggy walk..work this afty and all weekend......booooooooo

Have a good Friday everyone and nice weekend whatever you are all up to......Enjoy

30/11/2012 at 14:08

Ecky-What great news I will have tyo have a peak at it in the newsagents. Can't really buy it as the person on the till will think I am a bit od or have a lycra fetish!!! 

byeck- I hope you get some rest soon mrs mum in a million.

MC-Take care as well.

Went for a feezing cold 6.6 mile club run.The XC bit was full of mud and ice- feet were freezing!!! 

30/11/2012 at 15:55

brrr it is so cold out there

had a productive day though, big boy had review with asthma nurse, both boys had their hair cut, then to Nottingham, met OH for lunch, then to a lvely music shop, we spent about an hour in there trying trumpets as big boy has decided he wants to move from cornet to trumpet and wants a trumpet for xmas. We are buying it through the school system so we get it tax free. 

off to the gym once OH gets back, although I could easily just curl up with a blanket on the sofa!

30/11/2012 at 17:22

Hi!

Oh MC I lurve the trumpet!!! I had a trumpeter boyfriend when I was at music college many many years ago.........

AF - well done on your cold run!

Chili - well done to middle Miss Chili! 

Ecky - great news about your mag appearance and free jacket!

By'eck - hope you get a decent sleep tonight.

Well, I have a private lesson tomorrow while kids are swimming (when I would normally run). I can't really turn an opportunity to earn some money down and hubby is picking olives this weekend so it looks like no run for me. I may get a run on Sunday.

Whoops, supper is ready.  Hope to be back later.

xx 

30/11/2012 at 17:34

eckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yay thats fabby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well sone -you deserve it!

jude, hope you get a run out-hows the weather there? its very frosty and freezy here. i will get a run this weekend as missy is going to a friends tomorrow p.m so i may squash a run  in after shopping.

30/11/2012 at 17:36

No run for me today (I'm running every other day), but did HIIT session on the exercise bike:

Warmup: 5mins

8 Sec sprint, 12 sec recovery, for fifteen minutes, followed by 5 min cooldown.

Also did pushups, but I'm beginning to get stuck a bit on Week four - I'm going to have to repeat it again, or drop back to Week three.

I read an article that said they tested some guys on HIIT and they lost as much as four pounds of stomach fat, and gained as much as 2.4 pounds of muscle on their legs and abdomen.  Obviously results will vary from person to person, but that sounds encouraging.

Edited: 30/11/2012 at 17:42
30/11/2012 at 17:44

hello franny sis, boss,RR, phantom,chili, by eck, tom,matty,jude,angel, mc,rocker!!!!!!!

01/12/2012 at 10:57

Morning.........................shouts loudly

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lovely beautiful crisp morning but alas I have work.....Been for a nice Chico walk in the park and a trip to Pets at Home.........

Everyone must be out running or up to no good

Have a great weekend Cracers....Any cake going ??????

01/12/2012 at 11:15

oooo hi sis , no not running but doing xmas decs with miss since 8:30am .....just finished and now off to dance-is indeedy frosty white and chilly out there! wrap up everyone!

*wheels in trolley with ginger cake ,crumpets and hot choc*

01/12/2012 at 11:18

morning

glad the forums are working again - the whole website was down when I got up

been to the gym and done 1 hour of run 2 mins walk fast 4 mins, phew sweaty because the air con in the gym is rubbish but felt good better get the ice out though

01/12/2012 at 12:28

Afternoon,

MC-Good to here that you had a good work. When are you next going to run outside? 

RR-You seem to be doing well and seem very dedicated.

Hi Franny,LLB.CHilli,Ecky,by eck etc etc

7.6 cold miles this morning. Went out at 8.00am in the fog but enjoyed it- was well wrpped up! 

01/12/2012 at 14:08

AF - not sure when I'll be running outside, physio has just told me to run on the treadmill for now. I am back at the physio on Wednesday though.

well done on your run boss.

01/12/2012 at 15:57
Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

Afternoon,

MC-Good to here that you had a good work. When are you next going to run outside? 

RR-You seem to be doing well and seem very dedicated.

Hi Franny,LLB.CHilli,Ecky,by eck etc etc

7.6 cold miles this morning. Went out at 8.00am in the fog but enjoyed it- was well wrpped up! 

Thanks, AF and well done on your run!   My dedication's going to be tested today though: it looks cold, grey and miserable out there - I really don't feel like going for a run.  I know once I get out there it'll be fine, but that's the problem - getting out there.  Still, I haven't bought today's Lottery ticket yet, so that's a good excuse.

At least I've done today's chinups. 

MC - take it easy: hope you get fixed up soon!

Wow.... England are going to thrash the All Blacks today....

Edited: 01/12/2012 at 16:11
01/12/2012 at 17:21

Parkrun this morning with my girls in freezing temperatures

01/12/2012 at 17:25

well done chili and girls this morning

I am wondering how the bread will turn out as I couldn't get bread flour so am using non-bread flour. Hopefully it will be nice

01/12/2012 at 17:48

ah well, bread doesn't seem to be rising, as it was meant to be bread rolls I will flatten them so they are like pitta breads!

beef stew to go with them smells good though

15,161 to 15,180 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.