Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,181 to 15,200 of 15,643 messages
01/12/2012 at 18:17

brrrrrrrrr a chilly but constructive day today!!! involved fighting for car park spaces in 2 shopping places but i was quite smug both times * folds arms and nods* oh yeaahhh.

after dance drpped miss off at her friends  and decided to attempt a spot of xmas shoppping on the retail park. knew it was going to be packed-queueing to get in and out, but remembered a little additioal parking sign id seen on previous visit. sure enough it was there but on forst glance appears as if you are driving into a'staff only  area'..i went in and aked a lad on his break frm Halfords if i was ok to park . he said yes siling and then added 'but only if you park BETWEEN the white lines'  ...oh ha ha very funny i said lol..it made me smile...i explained i just abandoned it whilst i checked if i could park- WHY did he look like he didnt believe me?

01/12/2012 at 18:59

Went in the end - 5.64km.  

01/12/2012 at 19:02

well done RR

l;oula - well done on the shopping, I hate crowded retail parks, in fact I hate retail parks, erm, don't think I like shopping much, unless it is running or tri gear...

01/12/2012 at 19:21

Cheers MC, hope you're not feeling too bad today.

Everything completely fine today - on my last run, the achillies got a little sore again; that one involved a down hill bit.  No hills at all today and no achillies issue either says to me that Mr Achillies doesn't like hills right now, so I'm going to avoid hills entirely for a while.  I'm going to have to find a couple of new routes...

Wonder what it was called before Achillies took one to the heel...

Edited: 01/12/2012 at 19:22
01/12/2012 at 19:27

I am ok, RR, although I still seem to have weird hammering going on inside my ear, so best to stay away from the swimming pool until it goes away I think.

by eck - hope moo is ok today

01/12/2012 at 19:29

well done RR, it is more tricky getting ot in th cold but once out its always ok

01/12/2012 at 21:01

That's true enough, Loula!

02/12/2012 at 07:37
Morning All

Brrrrrrrrrr very cold and freezy out there.Take care anyone brave or lucky enough to be able to go running.
Me at work

Have a good day folks
02/12/2012 at 08:51

morning all

didn't sleep well so stayed in bed and didn't get on the turbo that is in the middle of the living room. Maybe if I leave it there I will go on it this evening!

02/12/2012 at 08:55

vry chilly a.m be careful running everyone!

02/12/2012 at 10:24

MOOOOOORNING

I wont be running today as its far too slippy. I was all over the place yesterday.

Mathschick, I hope you get some rest later.

Hiya Loula.

Lots of Taxi driving for me today. Church in a bit, dropping little Ecky to Party and the Middle Ecky to her Christmas Dance Show. We went to see it last night and it was brilliant. I may try and have a little plod later if I have time.

02/12/2012 at 12:04

Rest day for me.Well done RR on getting out yesterday.

I must say I like running when it is cold and crisp- it was a bit slippery in places yesterday.

Probably go out first thing tomorrow,

Must get back to cooking my shephards pie and mashing loads of potatoes- I really hate making mash!

Have a good day everyone.

03/12/2012 at 09:39

Morning

Where is everyone these days??????????????????????/

Its gettin lonely in CRAC towers.

Well we have snow snow snow.....but its starting to melt now.

And last night I didnae get much sleep...whilst out walking the dog hubby thought it would be a good idea to run with Chico but he managed to trip him up so he went his full length...dropped the lead whilst nearly landing on Chico...Chico woofed and ran away in fright...lol...not far...I ran made sure hubby was okay..he said yes..then went to retrieve puppy dog...............Anyway after saying he was fine..he decides at 3.30am that he needs to go to A&E.....................Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh....chipped bone and in plaster cast feeling mighty sorry for himself.

Anyway hope veryone else has a better start to their week.

03/12/2012 at 09:42

We need to get decorating Crac towers for Christmas.

Lads can you go get a good tree for us.

Girls...we will go and get the decorations.

03/12/2012 at 10:06
Who tripped who up and who is in plaster? Sleep deprivation plays havoc with my brain
03/12/2012 at 10:22

Oh my goodness Franny! Sounds quite a night. Hope hubby is okay... and Chico... and you.

Morning Byeck - here have this cup of tea and a freshly made, still warm, apple muffins.

I've done a training plan And this morning required a short hilly bike ride before starting work and a 5mile hilly run this afternoon/evening. Bike ride done in pouring rain so am very wet. But it's not quite as cold as yesterday. Am hoping my legs recover before the run

What colour are we having in Crac Towers this year? Personally I love lots of colour so will always go multi coloured lights on the tree. But I have no deisgner tastes whatsoever. Loula would be most horrified with my cycling outfit

03/12/2012 at 10:27

Hi  Chilli and By'eck

Yep hubby ok..he is just feeling sorry for himself now and Chico is fine....lol and me.

Multi coloured lights sound good to me  Will we have a christmas village too?????

Well done on your bike ride in the rain and hope the weather is better for your run later.

I am supposed to be running today but it may not happen..we will see.....I have the dentist this afternoon...a check up...hope nothing needs done.

03/12/2012 at 11:03

Morning Franny,Chilli & byeck- it is quite here.

Hope Mr Franny isn't in too much pain.

Didn't get out for a run this morning so 2 days off!! Will try and do a 10 miler tomorrow morning. Have a 10 mile race on Sunday which is predominately XC.

Bye for now.......... 

03/12/2012 at 11:36

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/gallery/christmas_crac_livingroom.bmp?width=350

I have made a start on the decorations to cheer up CRAC towers for Christmas

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/gallery/christmas_fireplace.bmp?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/gallery/xmas.bmp?width=350

03/12/2012 at 11:44

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/gallery/santa.bmp?width=350

Our Crac Towers Father Christmas

15,181 to 15,200 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.