Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,261 to 15,280 of 15,643 messages
06/12/2012 at 23:12

A pointer about Amazon too ... I looked up a CD I was considering buying and went to Amazon.co.uk ... checked through the prices and decided against it because of cost.  Just for the fun of it, I went to Amazon.com (the American site) and actually found that when I signed in, even with the shipping cost I would have saved an extra £10!  Worth a look sometimes just to be sure.  They ARE two seperate entities and not everyone knows that.

07/12/2012 at 08:05

mmmmmmmorninggggggggggggg...oo Mr Chili , thanks for that Amazon tip!! thats brilliant, i will check both sites before buying in future

well, the weather here is apalling, rain, gales , just went to put the bin out and nearly got blown away!!!!!!!!!

ecky ,aw you are amazig going to run club in this weather, are you ok this a.m? all warm and no sniffles? im off to MK this sunday to finish a boit of shopping and i eed a new party dress

07/12/2012 at 08:29

morning

weather here awful too, but my classroom is always far too hot so I will be snug until it is time to go home

nearly time for assembly so better get sorted!

07/12/2012 at 08:56
It's snowing here, its dark and moo is poorly
07/12/2012 at 10:12

Morning

Thats great news Jude

By'eck...aw poor wee Moo.

We had snow during the night then it has all iced over...roads and pavements are treacherous.

So went to gym and did 6.25 miles on the treadmil.

Work ar 2pm for me but off the weekend.

Loula sis..hope you find a parteeeeeeeeeeeeee dress.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for now

07/12/2012 at 10:26

Mooooorning

We had lots of rain last night ans sunshine today. Its not icy which is good. I wanted Snow. Well done on your run on the Treddie.

Awwww By Eck, poor little Moo. I hope he gets better soon. There is so much going round. I had to take 2 kids to the office to be sent home yesterday as they were so unwell.

Morning Mathschick.

Morning Loula, Ooooh new party dress sounds exciting. I am recycling mine from last year as I only have one meal out. I was contemplating not going last night but then I was worried about people turning up with no leaders. We did have a laugh though and thankfully I have managed to thaw out and no sniffles.  Its cold again today so I better get wrapped up.

No running for me till tomorrow although my Big Sis is coming hopefully so I may have to leave it till later in the day when she has gone home.

07/12/2012 at 10:28

Hi Ecky...well done on going to club last night..it was very cold and freezy indeedy......hope you have lovely time with your sister.

07/12/2012 at 10:39

It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been dry. I was so proud of the runners who braved it too. One of our ladies is doing her first ever park run on Sun too which makes it all worthwhile. I cant wait to see Big Sis and the Kids cant wait either. I have not seen her for  a few months.

07/12/2012 at 11:37

Morning everyone - nice and wintry isn't it? I love snow and frost etc - but driving home from Hertford at 6am as the A1 was getting a nice covering wasn't much fun the other morning...especially not as the car started to slide sideways towards the artic I was overtaking

Well done to everyone going running - I've started a December runstreak, so far so good - a mix of runs with Liz (who's still kind of injured) as shorter recovery runs, and then longer/harder ones on my own. Just really starting to build up to running again, and trying to get back to eating more healthily, ready to start seriously in January.

Right, better get on with my work!

07/12/2012 at 14:39

Rocker....Rocker*mulls over the name*...do we know you? sounds familiar but....um...oo yes yes wait im remembering....oh yessssssssss you used to be on here loads  , the you wet AWOL in the name or lurrve 

07/12/2012 at 15:33

That's what happens when you get into your late 30s - senility sets in and you start to forget names...

07/12/2012 at 15:43
But you're not in your late 30s anymore
07/12/2012 at 15:57

I didn't mean me I can remember everyone's name....

07/12/2012 at 16:05

Rocker-What about those of us who are only a year or so from being 50!! I must be very senile!!! Well Mrs AF says I am! Good to here that you are enjoying life with your new lady.Good luck to you.

Jude-good luck with your new student.Hope there are more to come for tha nice English lady.

LLB- I guess that you would have got a very nice christmas outfit?  

Ecky-Well done in getting out in the cold,dark, windy weather.

Managed a focused 5.6 miles this morning before my 9am all morning booring meeting!

Off to my running club Christmas do with Mrs AF tonight- she is a little nervous about going- but I will look after her.

10 mile X Country race on Sunday. 

07/12/2012 at 16:17

Cheers Boss man

Nah, the senility only effects tiny blondes

Have a great evening at the Xmas do - I was going to take Liz to mine - but bearing in mind the AGM turned into a huge argument, two or 3 members have left and the head coach has resigned... I'm thinking I won't bother going!

Have a good race!

07/12/2012 at 16:19

Urgh yes tiny blondes!!!

07/12/2012 at 16:55

afternoon all

rocker - good to hear from you

I have managed not to go to any of the xmas dos this year. I am not really into them to be honest. The maths department normally go for a meal so I will probably go to that, but I am not going to the whole school do. Although I heard today that the maths department are going to a chinese restaurant, not sure about that - I always end up feeling sick and headachy after chinese food...I think it is all the MSG

07/12/2012 at 17:43

Howdy friendlies!

Nice 5.6km today, around 9min 40secs per mile, so that's more like it; some sort of speed's beginning to return.  Mr Achillies and Mr Knee both OK as well.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

MrChilibean wrote (see)

A pointer about Amazon too ... I looked up a CD I was considering buying and went to Amazon.co.uk ... checked through the prices and decided against it because of cost.  Just for the fun of it, I went to Amazon.com (the American site) and actually found that when I signed in, even with the shipping cost I would have saved an extra £10!  Worth a look sometimes just to be sure.  They ARE two seperate entities and not everyone knows that.

Do Amazon.com ship to the UK then?  Sometimes you find things there that aren't available in the UK at all.

Time for pushups and chinups now.

Edited: 07/12/2012 at 17:48
07/12/2012 at 17:53
Yes, and it can be cheaper to order other stuff from the states too. Just watch out for import duty. I will get Mr by eck to confirm the rules.
Little moo went to nursery eventually and had a good time but still isn't right
07/12/2012 at 18:15
ultrarocker wrote (see)

That's what happens when you get into your late 30s - senility sets in and you start to forget names...

Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

Urgh yes tiny blondes!!!

oi!!  you two, stop slating blondes...im not near 40 yet!! well, not much.

boss, im shopping on sunday or my parteeeeeeeee dress , i  have silver sparkly new shoooz , here they are

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/untitled_24.png?width=350

15,261 to 15,280 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.