Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,301 to 15,320 of 15,643 messages
08/12/2012 at 22:44

RR, yes Amazon.com ship to the UK, no probs.  If you sign into their site using the same sign-in as their .co.uk site, they recognise you're UK based and tabulate the shipping cost automatically for you.  It's always more (obviously), but sometimes the difference still equates to a savings over .co.uk.  AND ... you'll often notice that the items are being shipped from the US anyway.  Something tells me their getting a profit cut is why it's more here sometimes.  Worth checking, just to be sure you're getting the best price!

09/12/2012 at 08:39

morning

loula - did I miss something? are you moving house?

well, up early and did an hour on the turbo

big boy at rehearsal all day today and we are taking little one over to the in-laws. We will pop into town to get a coffee in coasta. I really need some stocking pressies for my boys, but it is a real problem. OH never had a stocking when he was a kid so doesn't see we should bother, but it has always been a tradition in my family, and the kids are used to having a stocking, so I have to get things sneakily. Now they are getting older it isn't so easy to find things either - when they were younger it was so easy to get some hot wheels and lego to go in there!

09/12/2012 at 09:29
No, you are about an hour away from me where you are now, but over 2 hours away when you move! Basic geography Mrs....
09/12/2012 at 09:33
Good things for stockings ( according to our family tradition)
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Batteries ( AA/AAA)
Pack of halls/tunes/soothers
Pair of socks
Mini pack of raisins
Magic flannel
Pack of pencil crayons
Rubber ( cos they always get lost or broken)
Notepad
09/12/2012 at 12:41

we used to get monkey nuts in ours and chocolate and an orange, and little pressies. Can't put monkey nuts in for my kids as eldest is allergic to peanuts, wouldn't be a good start to xmas! and I am not giving them chocolate to eat before brekki! We have got torches, cards, a spork each, and some other little games...

09/12/2012 at 14:22

Hi all!

No run for me again as I had to take little one swimming while the big uns were training as hubby is picking olives and couldn't look after him.  It's 2 weeks again since I had a run and there is absolutely nothing wrong with me just NO TIME!!!

Anyway, didn't AF have a race today? Hope it went well.....

We went shopping after swimming.  Elif needed PJs, Cem needed jeans and Mikail needed a jumper.  (Actually, he didn't but I couldn't buy the other two something and not him, could I?)

Sorry, I have nothing exciting to tell you all.  It's very Not Christmassy here, obviously! 

BFN xxxx

09/12/2012 at 14:34

Afternoon

No runnnying for me either but big long walk with Chico and ahome weights session.

Loula..you will not be nearer me either.Hmmmmph

I bought a lovely new book today...Scottish Trail running..it has got over 70 routes...brill book.

Hi Jude..you doing up your Christmas tree in the garden again this year?

AF...boss how did the 10 miler race go ???

Ecky..think you had a race too..hope it went well.

Roast beef and all the trimmings for dinner...yummeeeeeeeeeeeee..I Can smell it cooking and its making me hungreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

09/12/2012 at 14:54

Loula - where are you moving to? I'm pretty sure you'll still be thousands of miles from me....

Franny - yep, we'll do the tree in the garden just before Christmas day.   We'll all be at school this year though as Christmas day falls on a Tuesday so we are going to have our Christmas dinner on the Sunday before and open half the presents on the Sunday and half on Christmas day after school. Hubby makes us call it 'English Cultural Day' though

09/12/2012 at 16:36

Jude - I like the idea of an English Cultural Day!

Got out for a little run - 3 miles, but walked some of it, and had a rest in the middle because I bumped into a friend so stopped to chat!

09/12/2012 at 16:36
I ran
09/12/2012 at 17:22

Did my HIIT on the exercise bike and then went for a run.

Note to self: better to do those two on separate days, or at either end of the day: my legs got fatigued really quickly, so I only ended up doing around a piddling two miles or so.

Still - I ran as well.

09/12/2012 at 17:39

As the Flock of Seagulls said 'I Ran' a 10.2 mile race in 1.21 it had two mega hills- full report tomorrow.

By the way has any of you younsgters heard of A Flock of Seagulls? You tube them- great 80's pop!  

09/12/2012 at 18:08

AF - well done and I remember a Flock of Seagulls, bet I have an album as well - on vinyl of course!

09/12/2012 at 18:39

Well done Boss

Aww Jude, sorry you are to busy to run

MC, RR, Byeck well done on your runs.

Have been at church all day cos we had a nativity workshop this afternoon. But no evening prayers tonight so it will be housework time cos I have meetings, christmas parties, nativity plays all week and am going to be too busy to do any. Am determined to get some training in though.

10/12/2012 at 04:26

Morning all!

Chili - You sound very busy too! I should say it's not only that I don't have time but it's the logistics. When I have time to run I have to look after the kids. Believe me it isn't possible!! I know we are all busy here!

Anyway, have a good week everybody.

xx

10/12/2012 at 04:32

Oh and I forgot to say well done Boss! Waiting for your report....

10/12/2012 at 08:08
Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

As the Flock of Seagulls said 'I Ran' a 10.2 mile race in 1.21 it had two mega hills- full report tomorrow.

By the way has any of you younsgters heard of A Flock of Seagulls? You tube them- great 80's pop!  

morrrrrrrrninggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! Boss a very well done on your 10.2 mile race, you are still faster than mr , my 10mile race time is 1:30  mind you that was May last year maybe ive speeded up but somwhow i doubt it

flock of seagulls????? um , which sort of end of 80s? i hadnt started primary school in 1980 so i take it we are talking early 80s?

franny sis , id love to come run those routes with you in May !!!!! aw you are so lucky with all those  lovely places-ind you i can forgo the minus temps you have

little chicos prezzy will be in the post soon

chili, hope your girls had a ncie time with thier pocket momey-the charity shops are fab places for kids to find quirky nic nacs and books.

MC/jude , yes i am moving. has been a trying time lately if thats the right way of putting it, some of you on here already know this but for those that done im moving because im getting divorced. not a great time of year for it to happen but no time is a good time. has been coming a long while, the split was for a number of reason that have amounted over the years and we have simply grown apart. im very fortunate that we have been able to sort it amicably after a lot of emotions  whn it first happened 2 weeks ago. miss LLB has been an amzing little star and we have explained everything as we have gone along. i will be moving to Essex as thats where my new partner is now. upheaval yes, as im leaving everything inc my job and family , miss LLB will chage schools but i am very positive about it all and looking forward to everything. change  is a good thing and life is too short to live it unhappily.

Matt, the training with Mr LLB is still open as he would love to stay in touch with everyone hes met via this threadi have no qualms about that, whoever my friends are , are still his.

by eck, AM i further away??????? must check the satnav lol its on my nooo phone

10/12/2012 at 08:12

morning

loula - I had no idea, hope it all works out well for you and everyone involved

rest day for me but busy at work as normal, no let up there at all!

10/12/2012 at 08:20

awwwwwww MC, hows the injury?

10/12/2012 at 08:23

it is slowly getting better loula, yesterday I did a 3 mile run with some walking, and it was kind of achy but I managed and it isn't worse....think it is a case of strengthening, building up the weak quad, and stretching, foam rollering/massage ball and perseverance

15,301 to 15,320 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.