Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,321 to 15,340 of 15,643 messages
10/12/2012 at 09:10
Morning

Well done Boss on your speedy 10mile race.I have never did a 10 mile race but due to do one in March

I did 6.7chilly miles today totally pain free yay

Loula sis you take care now.
MC take it easy with the running malarky You will get there.It just takes time to build up again

Away to take Cheeky Chico pup out now.
10/12/2012 at 11:16

LLB- take care and we are all here for you and Miss LLB. Flock of Seagulls I ran was in 1982 so you were very young!

Franny-Well done on your chilly pain free 6.7 miler.

Just a breif bit about my race. It was a 10 miler on the Sussex Coast and on the downs. Got there in shorts in short sleeve shirt- I was trying to be macho and not wear tights and long sleeve. big mistake as I was very cold and 90% of the men were suitably attired in long trousers and shirts!!!

The race was 7 miles of XC and 3 on the roads. There were two mile long killer hills so was pleased to be average sub 8 minute miles during the race. twice got overtaken by the star of my club. She beat me by her usual minute!!!

Nice scenary a lot of mud and a bit achey.

Pleased with my final position of 82 out of 352.

No running today but a long one 1st thing tomorrow. 

10/12/2012 at 11:28

Well done again AF..sounds like it was a super chilly day. How far you going on your LSR tomorrow?

10/12/2012 at 11:47

Morning everyone!

Loula - sending hugs to you. Not an easy time.

Did 5 miles of hills on my bike this morning. No rain, no snow, but the wind was horrrendous.

Hoping to run this eve, but have nativity plays this afternoon and meetings tonight.

Bye for now!

10/12/2012 at 11:48

Franny and MC it is lovely to hear that you are both running again

10/12/2012 at 12:12

Franny-My LSR will be about 12 miles. Did 11 miles on Tuesday last week so trying to bulid up the distance.

Chilli-Well done on your hilly bike ride. 

10/12/2012 at 12:14

Well done Chilli on your hilly bike ride..hope you get your run in later on.

AF...enjoy your 12 miler tomorrow..sounds like a good plan to me.

10/12/2012 at 16:19

AF - well done again.  Sounds like a tough race!

Loula - Thinking of you all.  Hope everything works out for the best. xxx

Chili - well done on your bike ride!

Boys just got in. All craziness breaks loose......

Gotta go

10/12/2012 at 17:26

brrr cold out there

well, we are having new windows put in, finally - we have been in this house for 9 years and the windows were already misted up and frames rotting when we moved in. They have done 3 today and the difference is amazing - even though it was dark when I got home - I could actually see outside!  We have got a local company doing them, the guy happens to be the father of the girl that is married to next door's son, so next door's have been making them cups of tea etc during the day, which is so nice of them. Nice to have someone you kinda know do it, feel happier leaving the door key with them than with total strangers

10/12/2012 at 17:49

Sounds like they make a good diffference MC.  We had our house built 6 years ago and we went for a cheap window company. Now in the winter the house is a bit drafty and we can hear the wind whistling through the gaps! Sounds atmospheric though! 

10/12/2012 at 19:33

Oooh Jude that does sound wintery! We had that until last winter when the church elders decided they didn't like the monthly leadership meeting taking place in a draughty manse and gave us proper double glazing

No run.... am very tired and too much work to do. And I needed to be a mum and trim little girls hair.

It was my big girls' nativity play today. Actually they did the 12 alternate days of Christmas. Her part was to sing all 3 verses of silent night as a solo unaccompanied. She was so nervous I think half the audience stopped breathing. I certainly did. But after a slight wobble she looked at me and I mouthed the words along with her which kept her on track. She was brilliant. Perfectly in tune, perfectly in time and I'm soooooo proud

10/12/2012 at 20:38

oh chili that is lovely your girl had a solo

tomorrow we get to see my little boy play king herod in the school nativity

10/12/2012 at 22:03
Awwww, that's sweet chili. So good you were able to help.
Mr by eck once sang the first verse of 'once in royal David's city' as a solo.
11/12/2012 at 04:17

Morning all!

Chili - well done to your big girl! Must have been beautiful. 

MC - good luck to your your little boy. Hope he doesn't get into character tooooo much.

I've got my new adult piano student at 7.30 this evening. Bit nervous...

Have a good day all. xx

11/12/2012 at 07:31
Morning Jude.
Adult students should be easier and have a better concentration span. Do they already read music?
Moo gave us a before 5am start this morning
11/12/2012 at 08:17

aw morning by eck, was thinking of moo this a.m when i wa up at goodness knows what hour too. miss llb has a rotten cough and cold so no school-i will stay home . tbh im glad as its freezing out there, i have loads of things i needds, prezzies, to do , cards, prezzies, school project for homework, clearing out more cupboards.

chili that must have been brilliant for your little chili-aw blss, im looking forward to miss lkb carol concert on 19th at church. she has a dance display this sunday too.

*wheels in hot choc, tea, coffee, crumpets and porridge to CRAC towers*

boss, thank you  for your kind words, im very lucky to have such good riends in everyone here

11/12/2012 at 08:25

morning all

brr, cold out there

feeling a bit stressed and hassled this week, think I need to make sure I get out for some exercise if I can later, even if it is just a walk, I need to clear my head and relax a bit

Jude - good luck with your new student

11/12/2012 at 09:15

Oh my, it is sooooooo COLD out there! Want to do a run later.... might just have to dig out some thermals.

Loula - poor Missy. Hope you have a calm and peaceful day getting all your stuff sorted.

MC - the freezing cold will defintely clear your head!

Am off to write an essay... bye!

11/12/2012 at 10:03

Saw this and thought you all might receive inspiration from it.  Add a little 'warmth' too, probably.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/728570/gallery/discipline.jpg?width=350

11/12/2012 at 10:34

Morning CRACers Anyone like a milk-choc-dipped-white-choc-chipped-choc-muffin? Really enjoying baking again atm!

I like that pic MrC

Hope everyone is well

*wanders back off to work*

15,321 to 15,340 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.