Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,341 to 15,360 of 15,643 messages
11/12/2012 at 11:33

Morning,

Hi Tom- How's the running going? Still knocking out great times? 

LLB-Thanks. I have been through what you are going through and it is hard especially at this time of year. When I went through it you find out who your true friends are (some I was very disappointed with the lack of support). 11 years ago when I got divorced there was none of these forums so it can be quite a lonely time.

MC-Exercise is a great destresser. Hope you find some time to stretch your legs.

Mr Chilli-Great picture! 

byeck-Sounds like Moo is keeping you on your toes! Hope you aren't too exhausted.

Well I wnet out at 7.30 am, wrapped up warmly, and enjoyed my cold and frost run- lovely to see the sun rsie accross the fields. Managed 12.5 miles in 1.45 which I am pleased with especially as I did 10 on Sunday. Trying to do a slightly longer run on a Tuesday so will try 14 miles next week. All preparation for my Marathon debut!!  

11/12/2012 at 12:10

AF - that sounds great and we're all very excited for you.

Hi Tim *waves*

Lovely picture darling

Does anyone have any soup? Its deffinitely a soup for lunch kind of day.

11/12/2012 at 12:23
Please. Moo has nodded off and I'm too tired to cook lunch
11/12/2012 at 13:37

Hi Boss, the running is going fairly well thanks not training as much as I should be, but still getting reasonable times, new PB for 10k at leeds abbey dash - 42:14. Did Stockport 10 Miler on Sun, pacing my little brother, which was a blast! As far as the cake aspect of CRAC goes... I'm doing very well!

Got a few more races left this year, mostly xc or fun ones, before ramping up the training for Outlaw in the new year!

When is the marathon debut? must have missed that! Good luck with the training for that

Hi Chili is there any soup left?

11/12/2012 at 14:01

mr chili i LOVE that pic!!!! im going to pinch it!!

11/12/2012 at 14:05
In our house it's called children...
11/12/2012 at 14:43

Afternoon all.

AW Loula..hope missy is feeling better soon and hoep your clearing out goes to plan...(((((HUGS lil sis))))))))

By'eck...Moo is certainly keeping you on your toes..hope he feels better soon too.

Chili..hope your freezy cold run goes/went well.

Jude...Good luck wiv Student tonight.

Mr Chili...great pic..so true

Tom...you are still banging out great times...well done..good to hear your keeping up with the cake tradition..lol

AF....well done on your long run..that was very speedy...suoer stuff.

MC..hope you get out fr some exersize later..it certainly helps with stress..I get cranky if i can't exersize.

I went to gym for  quick cardio session followed by swim..then hairdressers for a Christmas cut and blowdry.............Hubby is off so Chico was well looked after by him this morning. Out for walk this afternoon where Chico decided to have an adventure and chase a moorhen across the FROZEN canal...OMG what a fright we both got..He came back eventually but we could hear the ice creaking. He is usually fine walking along there off the lead but he was promptly put back on his lead for the remainder of the canal bit of his walk...lesson learned he will be kept on lead whilst its frozen at the canal.He is sleeping soundly now on his blanky blissfully unaware of the fright he gave us.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

11/12/2012 at 15:53

Sounds like a bit of adventure there Franny. Pleased to hear he is safe.

I'm very happy cos I have finished my essay and done a very freezing 5 mile run. You know its cold when you wear a pair of M&S long-johns underneath your tracksuit didn't chaf though

Now I have to work out how to get one child to brownies christmas party, one to school performance, and be back here for the tiler coming to give a quote. MrC is working so other children will be towed along too.

11/12/2012 at 16:43

Well, I got home, tidied up etc and thought I'd better check my e-mails only to find that my student will arrive half an hour later than arranged, so I can relax and eat dinner without getting indigestion.  Back later to tell you how it went. 

11/12/2012 at 16:59

Oh and Mr Chilibean - I like the picture too but I feel like By'eck, however disciplined you are, it can be really annoying when you really CAN'T get out there for various reasons!!

11/12/2012 at 19:25

Piano lesson was a success and student is coming back next week. She is only 20 years old and is newly married - bless!!

Anyway, sorry I haven't commented on anybody's news. Kiddies bedtime....

Oh, pleased to hear Chico is OK.  How scary though!!!

11/12/2012 at 20:33

Jude - good to hear the lesson went well

Franny, gosh, glad chico didn't fall through the ice, that could have been nasty

play was good, and my boy was a good herod. One of the older girls had a bad attack of nerves and cried the whole time, bless her. 

pavements are really icy, we nearly went flying walking back to the car. I was planning on a run in the morning but really don't want to risk slipping as I would just end up hurting my knee! So will set the turbo up for the morning

no time to exercise this evening, had kids stay behind after school for extra maths, raced home, to kids school, back, hassle kids into bed, and we have to sort out the area where the desktop is so they can put a new window into that room - we need to make space so they can actually get to the window!

11/12/2012 at 22:05

Have you seen this guy? Mixes snow climbing with running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWBbepsdmY

Great news Jude - really pleased for you.

MC - I'm sure your lad was a great king .

I wasn't present for my big girls second performance, but I recruited a friend to be her focus and she sang perfectly. Hopefully we will all sleep tonight with relief.

Byeck - you have little kiddies, have you seen this?

http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home

I created one for Smidge last year and have again for this year. It really is lovely.

12/12/2012 at 08:20

morning

chili - just the start of that video made me feel dizzy. When we were in switzerland we saw some film of speed climbers - they are mental!

12/12/2012 at 12:18

Mmm winter dinner pasty from Morrisons, was actually very nice

12/12/2012 at 13:12

Yeeeeuuch, -2 out there right now.  I might hold off running until I can get a windproof jacket; it's definitely too cold for the gear I have right now.

Exercise bike HIIT later though.

12/12/2012 at 13:55

It is soooooo cold. Today was supposed to be long bike ride but I only managed 45 mins despite wearing all the layers I own. Came home and had a bath before heading down to the school for lunch. I run a lunch time club so was invited as a thank you. The noise was incredible! Food was revolting. But had good fun with the kids

12/12/2012 at 14:06

Afternoon,

Definetly cold out there- but bright & sunny.Ideal running conditions but resting today after yesterday's exertions- pleased to report I am not achey.

Chilli-45 minutes is better than nothing!

Tom-I am entered for the Brighton Marathon. I think it is on 14/4.

Jude-Good to here piano lesson went well.

Franny-That must have been scarey for you & little Chico.  

Ecky-Read your article in WH Smiths- you are a star!!!

Hi byeck,RR,Matt,Rocker,LLB etc etc   

12/12/2012 at 18:59

Decided to make Toad in the Hole on a complete impulse tonight, it's cooking away now.

12/12/2012 at 20:08

chii - well done for getting out today

boss - you are lucky it wasn't sunny here. And because we are having out windows done the house got really really cold

ecky _ I read the article too, 

managed a turbo this morning and spinning class this afternoon

15,341 to 15,360 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.