Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,361 to 15,380 of 15,643 messages
12/12/2012 at 22:02

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry not been around much. Thanks for reading my Article. I just want my spangly new jacket now.

Hope everyone is okay. I will catch up I promise.

13/12/2012 at 04:30

Morning all!

Sorry Ecky, I haven't read the article because I can't find it here.

Went 'English Cultural Day' shopping last night with hubby.

We start rehearsals for our English presentations today at school.  They will take place next Wednesday and Friday. Bit stressful...

Have a good day all! xx 

13/12/2012 at 08:23

morning

had a bit of a meltdown last night, think I am majorly stressed and big boy is being very unreliable and silly.

he is performing at the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham tonight, but has to get himself on a bus which is picking kids up from school and I am so worried he won't manage to get on the bus with his cornet and actually get there for the rehearsal

anyway, fingers crossed and hopefully it will be a good evening and I can go back to being proud and unstressed!

Jude - hope the presentations go well, fingers crossed

so cold out there today

13/12/2012 at 09:41

Hiya Jude. I tried to find a link but there isn't one . Good Luck with your English presentation prep.

Awwww Mathschick. I am starting to think that's a Boy thing as my Son sounds very similar. I have my fingers crossed too that he manages to get on the Bus.

Morning everyone else, are we all ready for Christmas

Well running for me has not been brilliant as just not had the time for my longer runs. I managed 3 miles Tues and Yesterday and if  I get time I will try for 3 miles this afternoon. We have Christmas Dinner today and I'm in the Lunch hall so I could be too shattered to run. I love it though as they have music playing and its really festive. I have my Santa flashy Headband ready.

13/12/2012 at 09:50

Morning!

13/12/2012 at 10:28

Morning People, just a quick hello from work...

Runstreak is still going, haven't managed any decent long runs at all, mostly between 2 and 4 miles, but they're usually fairly fast paced if i'm on my own, and nice recovery runs if I'm with Liz

MC - keep smiling, i'm sure things will work out with him...

Ecky - keep meaning to look for the magazine, I'll sneak in WHSmiths at the weekend

Hello everyone else  - oooh, Franny, keep an eye on little Chico, sounds like he's going to be mischievious I like dogs with character

Right, back to work - we had a member of staff throw all his toys out of the pram and walk out, so my design team is a man down and struggling with workload!

13/12/2012 at 11:12

Morning

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it s fweezing cold.

No run for me today..ran yesterday though 6.85 fairly fast paced miles...gym today and crosstraining.

Ecky..enjoy ur Christmas dinner..you will get out your long runs again soon..its just so busy this time of year.

MC..fingers crossed for a stress free time tonight and that big boy gets on the bus with no problems.

Jude...Hope the rehearsals go well

Rocker...yes LIL Chico is so mischievous and has so much character..there will not be a dull moment when he is around...we wouldn't have it any other way. well done on your short speedy runs.

Hello to AF,By'ecks,Chillis,Deejay,RR,Tom,Matt and all...have a good day xxx

13/12/2012 at 12:37

Afternoon all,

MC- I am sure he will be ok.

Rocker-How many days in a row have you run?

Ecky-Enjoy Xmas dinner as Franny say's I am sure you will get some runs in soon.

Franny- Well done on your run yesterday.

6.7 frost run this morning.  

13/12/2012 at 14:38

Well I am exhausted but full of the Christmas Spirit. I was in the Hall with my good friend who is lots of fun so we put some songs on and got the kids dancing. It was brilliant and they loved it. We even got Thanked by the Deputy Head. She must have thought we were crazy. Needless to say, I don't feel like running now. Carol service at the Church tonight to see Little Ecky in the Choir. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Boss, well done on your run.

Franny, well done on your running now. Its great to see you getting back to it.

Rocker well done on the runstreak.

13/12/2012 at 17:18

evening all

well, I think he got on the bus ok, unless my dad tells me that he had to go and sort him out! luckily my parents live close so he can get my parents to 'rescue' him from situations! off soon to Nottingham to watch the concert - will be a late night but I have all tomorrow's lessons sorted, just have to be there!

ecky - well done at lunchtime, bet the kids and the staff loved it. No wonder you are tired, that kind of thing exhausts me!

I am hoping for a morning run, but it will depend on what time I get to bed and sleep tonight! I will always have time tomorrow in the evening 

13/12/2012 at 22:35

the concert was brilliant and my boy was great

got home to find that the little one has the vomitting virus though, going to be a long night.....

14/12/2012 at 04:56

Morning all!

MC - hope your sleep wasn't disturbed and little one is feeling better.

Hi everyone!! Have a good day!

xx

14/12/2012 at 08:10

morning

where is everyone

14/12/2012 at 08:37

Morning everyone

Just passing - MC, glad the concert went well...

Boss - got to twelve days... and then failed last night  Had a bad day at work, then a bad drive to Liz's...and just really couldn't be bothered. Was thinking about it on the way, and realised that spending the time to get my gear on, make her wait longer for dinner etc just to hit some pointless target set by myself went against the whole reason I run - so I rebelled against myself LOL! To be fair, it did what I wanted, which was give me a kick to get going again after having a very restful November. Liz is at her works do tonight so I'll have a nice run tonight instead.

14/12/2012 at 08:41
Lou says she is very sorry but she has computer/internet problems.
My brain is fried. Moo is not sleeping. Last night he slept for 6 hours. He should be getting double that. I am going back to sleep.
14/12/2012 at 08:44

oh by eck, that's rough, hope you manage to catch up on some sleep

rocker - you are right, no point just going for a run for the sake of it

14/12/2012 at 08:46

Morning all,

MC-Hope son is ok and good to here concenrt is great.

Rocker-Very wise I think I did about 8 or so days on the row doing 5+ miles,but it does become a chore and that is not what it is all about. Although it is miserable outthere I am looking forward to doing 6 or so miles with the club. Enjoy  your run tonight.

It is Friday- let's have a great weekend.  

LLB-Like your new dress- hope things are setteling down with you? Think you need to cause a riot on here!! .   

I think it is time that we partied to clebrate all of our achievements this year. How about listing our top 3 running achievements of the year?  

14/12/2012 at 09:34

AF - exactly, the idea of going out last night would have made it a chore, but i'm looking forward to running tonight, will stick the headtorch on and head out along some tracks

Okay, top 3, in no order...

10k PB - my first race was the Grand East Anglian 10k in King's Lynn, May 2011, in a time of 55 and a bit mins.. In 2012 I ran it again as my only short race this year, and did 44:37, which was a 3 minute PB on the day.

Finishing my first ultra - the Dukeries Ultra. It was a bad day - hottest day of the year, 28deg, no shade... was entered into the 40 mile event but had to drop down to the 30, and still struggled. Ended up walking the last 9 miles in, struggling with the onset of heatstroke - but I finished it, and knew then that I could go far, albeit slowly.

Finishing my second ultra - the UTPD - you all read the race report (well, those who didn't fall asleep!!) so you know why that's on my list

14/12/2012 at 10:21

oooh, top three, in no order

joining a running club (big step)

getting a 10k pb 65 minutes

sub 30 5k on a hilly route at the end of a triathlon in September

not running related (well a little bit), but doing a couple of triathlons has been a major achievement for me

14/12/2012 at 14:41

Afternoon

Absolutely horrible weather here. It's +5 temp but wind and rain and darkness all day means I am not going to do my LSR today. Will run home from parkrun tomorrow instead.

Have the baby shower tonight. Have a bunch of games and food and hope I've remembered everything

Top 3

1. Running the whole of the Ridgeway
2. Running parkrun with my girlies and getting our 50 t-shirt
3. It's tie between spending the Outlaw weekend with the Pirates & Abingdon with the CRAC team 

Have you seen the smilies!

15,361 to 15,380 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.