Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,381 to 15,400 of 15,643 messages
14/12/2012 at 15:03

BAH HUMBUG!!

14/12/2012 at 15:07

year 10 are doing a xmas fayre after school so I had better pop in and support them before I head home

hopefully the vomitting boy isn't vomitting any more

14/12/2012 at 16:21

Wow Chistmassy smilies!

Can't list top 3 running achievements this year as I feel like I've achieved very little. But the thing I enjoyed most was running some beautiful routes on the Isle of Wight in the summer.

Have a few hopes for next year.....but biggest hope is that hubby finds a job....Any prayers, good vibes, or nice positive thoughts our way would be gratefully recieved......

xx

14/12/2012 at 16:38

Just had a phone call: my English student has cancelled our lesson for tomorrow.  Bad news is that I'd already spent that money.  Good news is that I can now run instead.  Busy day anyway.  Take kids swimming, run, take kids from swimming to their violin and guitar lessons.  Then go to school for a 4 hour afternoon seminar.  I'll have to take kids with me and put them in a room to do their homework and play with a computer because I won't have time to take them home and hubby will be up the mountain picking olives.

Chili - enjoy the baby shower.

MC - hope your boy has stopped throwing up.

By'eck - good sleeping vibes coming your way.

14/12/2012 at 16:53

afternoon

my little one says he feels a lot better and has eaten toast and not been sick so that is good. Fingers crossed the rest of us don't get it - the kids are staying at the grandparents tomorrow and we are going out for a meal

chili - good luck with the baby shower

Jude - shame about your lesson but have a good run

got my sore ear back so not going to the gym or anything, an early night for me - hopefully with no vomitting from anyone

almost all the windows are done now, they look great

14/12/2012 at 17:07

Top 3 running achievements:

1.Gosport 1/2 Martahon- really proud of my time of 1.37.10

2. Running 2 XC races that were 15 miles long.

3. Running 20 + miles a week (every week of the year so far) & 96 consectuive weeks so far.

3 Aims for next year

1. Do the Brighton Mrathon in a respectible time.

2. Sub 45 minute 10k.

3. Running with you/Meeting with someone from this thread!!  

Got absolutely soaked on my club run.Was really cold and shivery when I got home- fine now!! 

14/12/2012 at 21:54

Got a bright yellow luminous Karrimor running jacket today, £14.99 Sports Direct.  No danger of not being seen in that! 

15/12/2012 at 08:11

morning

off for a haircut this morning and the last few bit of shopping

got a bit tearful last night watching the news from the USA, those poor families

15/12/2012 at 12:35

It's very shocking isnt it MC. My hubby has family in the area and all the schools went on lockdown.

MC - you were in my dreams last night... we were running together

Ran to parkrun then round parkrun. Now we are having the first 'at home' saturday for months and months and months. In fact I don't think we've spent a Sat at home since the spring. Our attic has leaked (again) so I have just emptied it to see the damage

15/12/2012 at 14:20
mathschick wrote (see)

morning

off for a haircut this morning and the last few bit of shopping

got a bit tearful last night watching the news from the USA, those poor families

It's unbelievable and how many times has it happened in the States now?  When are they going to see that this idiotic rule that allows every to own a gun is clearly at the source of this problem?  If guns are harder to come by, these incidents will decrease or stop altogether in my view.  Does it happen here?  Does it happen in other countries?  Every time you hear about it, it's generally 'in the USA, such and such has happened'.

As to Christmas Shopping, it's all done and dusted for me; just have to wait for a few presents to arrive from Amazon.

11 degrees right now; looks like my running jacket will have to wait to get its debut.

Edited: 15/12/2012 at 14:22
15/12/2012 at 16:19

Back from seminar.  Hi folks!

Yes, news is too awful for words. So sad.

RR - Looks like England is warmer than here now.  It was -3C when we left home this morning.

MC - How's your hair?

Chili - Hope you enjoyed your day at home.

Managed a 4 mile run this morning while kids were swimming.  Very frosty and bright so a nice run. Elif got 2 new PBs during training. 200m freestyle 2:34 and 200m backstroke 2:48.  She is pleased because she beat the targets set by her trainer for the end of the year.  Looks like she is gonna be better at longer distances.

BFN x

15/12/2012 at 16:49

chili - we'll be doing outlaw half together in June

Jude - well done on getting a run in, shame your student cancelled though. Well done to Elif. she swims about twice as fast as I do

Hair looks nice, I had only booked for a cut, but when I got there, I said the woman who does that I wished I had booked to have my colour done too as all the grey is showing, and she said she would have time to do it. I have been having a bit of a problem with my scalp though and she has suggested I go to the dr. 

15/12/2012 at 21:29

6.05km run for me today, some downhill parts but Mr Achillies was OK so maybe I'll be able to reintroduce uphill sections soon.  Also am done with week 4 of 100 pushups and week 3 of 25 pullups/chinups.  Exhaustion tests for both next week.

16/12/2012 at 08:59

MOOOOOORNIN

Wow, you guys have been busy.

Luckily we have had milder weather so running has been easier. I did 3 miles yesterday and walked into town which was another 5. I am walking again today as Middle Ecky wants to go to get some felt so she can make her friends something for Christmas. I am hoping to get out to run later today.

16/12/2012 at 09:56

morning

frosty this morning but went out for a little run/walk. Covered 4 miles altogether, felt tough, don't know if that is lack of fitness of whether I am just run down. Will be walking with the boys later as they have 'scout post' to deliver

16/12/2012 at 10:05

Well done getting out ther Mathschick. I must admit I am finding it hard to be motivated at this time of year. I imagine its such a busy time for you at school so no wonder you are feeling a bit run down.

Ooooh I forgot there were Christmas smileys

16/12/2012 at 10:09

thanks Ecky

I am determined to do more this week. Should be a more relaxed week at school. And I need to be more relaxed and less stressed about big boy. Hard to do, but I must! He is still on a high after the concert on Friday, so think I need to go with those positive vibes

16/12/2012 at 10:27

Morning all!

Swimming training for daughter this morning but I had the boys with me so I couldn't run. Hubby picking olives again all day.

Well done on your run MC and on your run yesterday Ecky.

Now for some lentil soup.... yummy!

16/12/2012 at 10:49

Jude - have the boys got bikes? could you go to a park and run with them biking alongside you?

mm, lentil soup sounds nice

annoyed because a friend sent a card a while ago (like months ago) with a change of address/phone number etc and I can't find it! Haven't got an email address for her either. 

16/12/2012 at 18:46
Ok, things will be very quiet because my brother and his girlfriend are visiting from Canada
15,381 to 15,400 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.