Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,401 to 15,420 of 15,643 messages
16/12/2012 at 20:56

by eck - how lovely, hope you enjoy their visit

OH now has the norovirus

16/12/2012 at 22:28

Sorry all ... my honey's computer has died.  Believe me ... she's in mourning.  I've tried all my whiz-bang tricks and it isn't responding.  Sounds like a hard-drive issue, so the plan is to take it in tomorrow and see if the computer miracle man can lay hands on it and bring it back to life.  Not sure when she'll be in touch, but thought you should know she's here and well ... just 'voice-less' at the moment. (Yes, she can use mine if she wishes!)

16/12/2012 at 22:28

Evening everyone

Oh MC, you are having it tough at the moment.

Byeck - have a lovely time with your brother and girlfriend.

Ecky - well done on your runs.

My laptop has broken  Very, very terrible and I'm not coping be very well. Especially as I have to use the girls slow desktop with horrible keyboard! 

This eve was our carol service which I was organising and leading t5his year. So was a bit anxious but it went brilliantly. All the readers, singers, soloist (inc hubby and big girl) sunday school, youth, puppets, poems, musicians were fantastic. We had loads of the local council there and raised a nice sum for the Mayors Charity as we do each Christmas.  And apart from the girls tea-party on Wednesday that is all my Christmas workshops/services/activities complete. The ones I was responsible for anyway. Perhaps now life will calm down a little.

Looking forward to bike and run tomorrow.

16/12/2012 at 22:33

Hahaha ... she was downstairs on the girls computer typing that while I was upstairs.

16/12/2012 at 22:38
(y)
17/12/2012 at 04:54

Morning all!

Have a lovely time with your brother and his girlfriend By'eck!

MC - Hope it's over soon.

Chili - Glad the carol service went well.

We decorated our outside tree yesterday. One week earlier than planned but the kids were keen to do it. Your decorations look lovely Chili - thanks again! We made a garland of Christmas stockings too - looks nice!

Off to work now........BOO!

17/12/2012 at 07:29

MOOOOORNIN

Awwwww Mathschick, I hope you feel better soon. I am trying not to breathe at School as there is a lot of it going around.

Morning Jude, I bet your tree looks lovely.

Morning Mr Chill, I hope you get your laptop sorted soon. Hi chilli, sounds like a lovely Carol service. We had ours last week and little Ecky sang up on the Alter with a few others. Do you get to have a bit of a rest now.

By Eck, have a lovely time.

Well yesterday I managed another 3 miler up lots if hills and kept my pace at 10 min miles which I have not done for ages. I am dropping weight again which is good. We also got creative with me and my Girls making little Cushions with Christmas pictures on them. Middle Ecky and I did the sewing while Big Girl did the designs. Middle Ecky has made them for her friends at school. I hope they like them as she spent hours doing them.

17/12/2012 at 08:11

morning

chili - try taking the battery out then putting it back in - that sometimes works, no idea why

OH kept me awake all night with his groaning and whimpering - I should have just gone to sleep on the sofa. So tired but trying not to be stressed!

Fingers crossed big boy and I don't don't get it - or my parents, they are getting on a bit now and it would be worse for them

17/12/2012 at 08:56

I need to read properly. Mathschick I hope OH gets better soon. I hope you manage to avoid it too.

17/12/2012 at 11:19

Morning,

Managed 7 miles yesterday morning @ 8.30 - not bad after getting into bed at 1.00am after my office christmas party.

Have a good day everyone.

17/12/2012 at 13:51

Howdy, friendlies!

100 pushups post Week 4 exhaustion test: (after being stuck on Week 4 for about three weeks.  )

50 pushups! I'm well chuffed with that.

25 pullups post Week 3 exhaustion test:

9 pullups.

Possible run later.

Hope everyone's doing OK.

Edited: 17/12/2012 at 15:27
17/12/2012 at 15:47

Wow RR! Sounds brill.  Well done!

Ecky - well done on your hilly run.

MC - hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and that you don't catch it.

Hi everybody else!!

I'm home early from school because I had a doctor's appointment.  Finally I've given in and gonna try some happy pills.  Hope they work for everybody's sake... Doctor also said lack of vitamin B can make you feel depressed and as a vegetarian I may not be getting enough. So she gave me some of those too.   

17/12/2012 at 17:55

RR well done

I haven't really managed to stick to the push ups or pull ups, and still can't do a proper one but can feel myself getting slightly stronger

oh Jude, hope the pills work, could be stress, you have a lot on and your work seems to take a lot of time. I have been to the dr about my scalp and he has given me medicated shampoo, I have been losing hair too, and he said that is probably stress

so I plan to get an early night after washing my hair and set my alarm for a silly time to get up and go for  a run/walk. I think getting back into my olod routine will help me. Maybe the whole knee problem compounded with work and all the troubles with big boy have conspired against me

well, OH still not feeling well. Better go and make some food for the kids

kitchen is kind of covered in a film of dust though as they have done the kitchen window today. That was the last one though, they just need to do some finishing touches outside 

17/12/2012 at 19:53

Thanks guys.  I also had a couple of 'false starts' with the pushups programme, as I did with the C25k, but this time I was very strict with myself.

17/12/2012 at 20:29

Well done RR!  That is very impressive.

Wow! AF! Lol!

Well done to Ecky too.

Jude, I bet the tree looks lovely. I thought of you as we put ours up. Sending hugs and hoping you feel tiptop pretty soon.

MC - commiserations on sick hubby, troublesome son, hair falling out and the dust! Sending big hugs your way too.

I amd feeling less anxious now the big christmas events I was responsible for are over. Hopefully I may even manage to unwind and relax.... but that is not in my nature so unlikely.

But I have discovered something wonderful this week. I have never really been a fan of high heeled shoes and the pregnancy and birth of the twins 9 yrs ago did unmentionable things to my pelvis which meant 30 mins of heels left me in a lot of pain. But since Feb I've been doing pilates once a week. On Wed eve we had our Chuch Christmas dinner and I wore a pair of heeled dress shoes for the evening. We were sitting for most of the time, but my back didn't hurt at all. So last night as I was hosting the Carol Service I wore my heeled court shoes I haven't worn since my last job interview 5 yrs ago. I was on my feet for the better part of 4 1/2 hrs with no pain at all 

After the weather of the tpast 2 weeks today was positively balmy so I did a bike ride this morning and 5 mile run this evening. I even did a couple of intervals  

Laptop is at the doctors awaiting diagnosis 

Happy running everyone!

17/12/2012 at 22:05

Can't believe it's soon time for 'just a little bit further 2013'... seems like just yesterday we were embarking on this one....they grow up so fast...sob....

Edited: 17/12/2012 at 22:05
17/12/2012 at 22:49
My toenail fell off
18/12/2012 at 04:33

So called 'happy' pill gave me 2 hours sleep.....Feeling very sorry for myself and hoping I can get through a day at work. Am wondering if the doctor should have said 'one to be taken in the morning'.

MC - thinking of you too! Hope the shampoo works. Do the windows look nice?

Hi to everybody else! xxx

18/12/2012 at 06:47

Morning All

Sorry not been on for a while but been v busy/manic at work etc...last day at work for me today until after Christmas...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..woke up yesterday with a very red bloodshot R eye (just in the corner) It looks weird..looks a bit better today.

Jude..aw so sorry you are feeling down and didn't get much sleep.(((((hugs)))) Bet your tree looks amazing. well done on getting your running in.

MC...hope your hair stops falling out....and hope your run goes well this morning...I cope better with routine too and once you are out of it..it kinda messes things up.

Chilli....Yayyyyyyyyyy you can now wera heels..you will be able to borrow some of Loula's big heels  well done on your bike and running

By'eck..hope your having a great time with your brother and sister-in law.How is Moo ? Is he sleeping better..

Hello to AF,Deejay,Ecky,RR,Matt,Rocker,Loula and everyone.....Have a good day.

Am going to gym for a tready 1 hr run.And then work..work work.

18/12/2012 at 06:48
Jude, if you are on anti-d's, they need to be taken in the morning as the chemicals they help your brain release disturb your sleep patterns.
15,401 to 15,420 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.