Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,461 to 15,480 of 15,643 messages
20/12/2012 at 15:49
mathschick wrote (see)

morning

very wet. It is my birthday and had planned an early run, but the sound of the rain against the window put me off! will go this evening even if it is at the gym on the treadmill

Happy Birthday, MC!   Running in the pouring rain isn't exactly what you want to do on your birthday, is it?  Enjoy your gym session.  Just HIIT for me today - that's enough for a day, trust me.

20/12/2012 at 18:09

Happy Birthday to yooooooo Happy Birthday to yooooooo Happy Birthday dear Mathschick, now can I have cake, pleeeeeeease

Hope everyone is okay. running club for me later. Last one for 2012.

20/12/2012 at 18:43

Hi all!

Happy Birthday MC! Hope you are having a super day.

We have snow! And weather forecast says there is more to come so we may have a white Christmas.

20/12/2012 at 18:49

thanks everyone

there is no cake here

sorry to hear that mr by eck is ill and that moo still isn't sleeping, lovely news about your brother though

enjoyed the Hobbit, but the kids were not very well behaved which is a shame - nothing major, just lots of talking and getting up to go and chat in the loo a lot! 

20/12/2012 at 18:50

nice to hear you have snow Jude, but I hate snow - cold and slippery stuff

RR - I don't normally mind the rain, but it sounded so heavy this morning I just didn't fancy it. Did get to the gym after work though and did a 5k run/walk on the tready

20/12/2012 at 18:58
20/12/2012 at 19:26

And now for something completely different.  Just been listening to some Hildegard von Bingen.  WoW! I'm sure it's not everybody's cup of tea, but I think it's gorgeous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quMgY08jDf4&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BnHOYOh5490nMu60kWrME

20/12/2012 at 19:49

Or how about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

OK, obviously I'm chilling out tonight!! lol.

20/12/2012 at 20:07

MC - Why no cake? Will you have some tomorrow at school as usual?

By'eck - Lovely news about your brother.  Have they set a date? Will the wedding be in England? Sorry Moo isn't sleeping again.

20/12/2012 at 20:13

Evening!

Happy Birthday MC Sending hugs and somer chocolate brownies I've just made.

Jude - my hubby likes Hildegard von Bingen. I think that two of you would love talking music.

Byeck - great news on the good bits. Sorry to hear the rough bits.

Loula - hope your weekend and Christmas week goes well.

Can't stay because my laptop stopped working again and Mr Chili has very lovingly been working on it most of the day for me. But it means I'm sooooo far behind on all the work I needed to do before the kdis break up tomorrow at 1.30pm Am feeling very distressed and got a cold so can't breathe. Didn't go swimming, hubby had car so couldn't do pilates.

Bye for now....

20/12/2012 at 20:43

Oh Chili! Hope you can catch up with all your work and feel better soon.

I'm off to bed....but will leave you with this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR3D2bDOJI0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Don't usually listen to jazz, but this singer is great and I used to know the pianist, many years ago....

21/12/2012 at 08:01

morning

love all the music links - I like a very diverse range of music and loved listening to all of those.

hopefully there will be cake at school today

21/12/2012 at 08:50

Morning,

Jude-Will listen to that Hildegard von Birgen clip in a minute. I was reading somwhere that that bit of music is the oldest known musical manuscript (if that makes sense!). I love exploring music and have discovered Beth Hart through this thread (thanks MC).

Much nicer day so club run this morning shortish one as I have to get to the office for a colleagues retirement lunch.

Bye for now....

21/12/2012 at 09:23

Morning

Have a lovely run AF. There is a bit of vague sunlight here too and I would really like to go for a run later but still can't breathe properly and have loads of work to do.

Happy Friday Everyone

21/12/2012 at 10:09

Hildegard von (of) Bingen, is great!! 

Here is a 16th century nun, who composed music that is STILL making the pop charts 500 years later!  Let's see the Beatles and Rolling Stones claim THAT fame! 

Here are two links to one of her songs that has been released by two different pop groups in two different countries.  One is American ... the other is Swedish.  Seriously, listen to both at least a few minutes in and you'll hear some incredible ingenuity and creativity that was FAR beyond her years. 

Btw ... for your interest ... she claimed to have psychodelic visions, which it was later determined she suffered from migrain headaches before they knew what they were.  But her style and creativity was (many believe) the creation of harmony as we know it today. 

Anyhow ... here are the links.  Enjoy!!   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48_LZUpo0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSrRbDiWJE0

21/12/2012 at 16:32

Gosh, no-one's been on here since this morning!

Thanks for posting the links Mr Chilibean. I liked them very much but I think I like the unadulterated sound even more. On Wikipedia it says she was born in 1098 so maybe that makes her even more amazing?

Anyway, it's Friday!!!!!  Yippee!! Hooray!! Fandabi dozi!!! Whoops I forgot the Christmas smilies. 

21/12/2012 at 16:39

Sorry Jude ... you're very right!  But her name was inserted in the Roman Martyrology in the 15th century and her cult was approved for German dioceses, that's where I got muddled up.

21/12/2012 at 16:47
How do we do the Xmas smiley???????????
21/12/2012 at 16:49
Hello all!!! Doesn't look like I will getting laptop back before Xmas, so still having to post via phone hope everyone chilling out and not getting too stressed
21/12/2012 at 16:55

LLB- We are missing your naughty behaviour. This should be the weekend to party- can Franny cause soem mayhem on your behalf?   

6.3 mile club run this morning, lunch with the office for a colleage who has retired & meal out in the pub with Mrs AF as we are childfree this weekend. 

Chilli-Are you starting the New Year thread again? We probably aren't beginners anymore? 

15,461 to 15,480 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.