Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,481 to 15,500 of 15,643 messages
21/12/2012 at 17:03
Boss!!!! I am
Out tonight at Xmas party!!!!!i promise not to behave but I will wear my best knickers in case I end up pole dancing ))))
21/12/2012 at 17:12

we are off to my mum's for dinner tonight with the kids - but OH has come home really moody

kids are hyper which is just going to make him moodier

and I have a cold I was so smug about not getting the vommiting bug

21/12/2012 at 18:32

Oooo Yes! Shall I begin the thread again for Jan 1st? And I honestly don't think we are beginners either. Shall we change sites? Let me know your opinion everyone.

MC - I empathise with you - moods here too. Although to be fair it is mostly me. Not had a brilliant day to be honest and I am feeling very stressed. Not helped by the fact that I've got a head cold and can't breathe so can't run. Am about to go out for a walk though with one of my daughters who also seems to be stressed and needs a 'break' maybe we can have a some calm mother/daughter time.

Then I'm setting the alarm for 5am to do my tesco shop before being race director at parkrun.

Enjoy your party Loula

21/12/2012 at 18:55

Chilli-5 am!! I am going to Tesco's and will brave the msases in the morning- only about 20 things to get - but, mainly vegetable & I HATE the veg section @ Christmas with trollyes abandoed everywhere!!!! Persoanlly, i think the thread should be under training (there seems to be a hard core of us- but no newcomers in the last few months!).   

MC-I am not allowed to be moody- but get sick & tired of the children on laptops & then get into an argument about it with Mrs AF - very frustrating at times.   

21/12/2012 at 18:59

Your Tesco opens early Chili! No supermarkets open before 10am here.  Sorry your day has been stressful.

I have a Christmas party to go to tomorrow night. (My first in years!!)  A really fun Philipino teacher from school is hosting it. Kids are gonna have a sleepover at MIL's house so we can get back late/or get back early.

21/12/2012 at 21:05

I hate food shopping near xmas it is a pain. I havev to go and fetch a parcel from the post office in the local town tomorrow which is really going to be a pain, will try to go early but feeling very stuffy and not too well so not setting the alarm. No doubt the kids will wake me early anyway

chili - yep, start a new thread, either under training or clubhouse?

22/12/2012 at 08:09

morning everyone

off to the post office as soon as I have had my coffee

can't believe the kids stayed in bed till 7:45 - unheard of!!

22/12/2012 at 08:59
I ran yesterday. It was an hour and a bit of sanity in a busy and chaotic day. Not sure how far or how long but it is one of my hilliest routes. I am very tired today tho because moo woke at 2am and we haven't had much sleep since then.
I don't think we should be on the beginners thread anymore, but not sure we should be in the clubhouse either. Once life settles down a bit after Christmas there will be more running happening.
Jude, enjoy your party. It's good to have time to be adults on your own.
Boss, are you racing at new years again?
MC, could you say break it down into half hour segments and say they need to be super angels; otherwise there are severe consequences (like their Christmas presents are delayed by 30 minutes for each segment they misbehave in)
22/12/2012 at 10:25

byeck-Yes I am racing on New Years Day. Never really loooked at the clubhouse section...let's leave it to Chilli to decide.  

Jude-Enjoy your Christmas party.

Well back from Tesco's.....

Rant No 1- No red cabbage for the 2nd year running

Rant No 2- No cheeve and chive dip for nibbles.

Rant No 3-Why did I get my shopping list written in Ink  out in the car park & get the whole list smugged.

Rant No 4- With 3 million unemployed who come 4 of the tills weren't open? 

Wet and miserable down in Susses- no running today but planning on an epic 15 miler tomorrow with the lady from the running club who always overtakes me in the races.....and yes byeck it will be partly XC may be some swimming involed as well if we have to go through floods!!!!   

22/12/2012 at 10:40

back from the mayhem that is Newark on Trent - soon to renamed Newark Under Trent I think - roads flooded and closed, Post Office wasn't too bad, but parking etc was crazy. Home now, just having a coffee before doing some major tidying up and cleaning so we can put the xmas tree up. Once it is up I don't think there is going to be room for my turbo....sacrifices have to made I suppose

22/12/2012 at 13:55

Hi all!

In the middle of dyeing my hair 'Sultana Copper'!  Thought I'd try a different colour for the Festive season.....

By'eck - well done on your run.  Hope you get some sleep tonight.

AF - Shopping can be a nightmare at this time of year.  Even here, people are busy getting New Year stuff.  We had to buy 4 presents for kids' friends whose names were pulled out of a hat - 2 for swimming and 2 for school. Queues were terrible.

MC - have fun with your Christmas tree!

Better go before my hair goes a funny colour.

22/12/2012 at 20:11

tree up, food eaten, kids in bed and time to relax

going to have a lie in tomorrow

22/12/2012 at 20:15
Boss- excellent rant 10/10
22/12/2012 at 20:51

Evening!

Jude - I bet your hair looks lovely.

AF - I hate to gloat but since I did get to Tesco by 5.10am I have a red cabbage ... and cheese and chive dip....But I do have to agree that its ridiculous how few checkouts were open and when I left at 7am the car park was 3/4 full and yet the aisles were still full of produce unstocked on the shelves!

But I've done all my shopping now and began making a few things that can be cooked in advance.

Then it was a very, very wet parkrun. I took our smaller tent so we had a dry place for the coats etc. I was race director but this afternoon I did manage a bike ride... in the rain... and home in the dark, but i now have all the gear so I was reasonably dry and very visible.

I shall start the thread in the training section on New Years Eve

Enjoy your lie in MC. Well done in getting all your Christmas prep done.

Would anyone like a luxury mince pie? They are homemade with orange pastry and a sweet cheese filling on top of the mincemeat.

22/12/2012 at 21:29
Jude do we get a pic of your hair? I've been to Essex today and had a lovely day with my lovely man and our gang of children not the best day to shop but they were all fabulous am very happy .
Chili thoseimcepiesvsound amazing where is the recipie from?
22/12/2012 at 22:11

Sounds a nice day Loula. Here is the recipe

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/8173112/Indulgent-mince-pies-with-orange-pastry-recipe.html

22/12/2012 at 23:13
Thank you so much chili!! We should sort out a new year run!
23/12/2012 at 08:47

morning

chili - those mince pies do sound amazing!

loula - sounds like a great day

sorry if I gave anyone the impression I was actually ready for xmas! I do have all the presents (I hope) but haven't wrapped them. Also, haven't actually got anything for xmas dinner we have a buffet type cheese/bread lunch at my mums and have never really bothered with a big xmas dinner but the kids want one. I don't really want turkey because I don't like it much, and don't really want a massive amount of meat that I don't like. I think last year we had chicken, but OH doesn't like it when we have a whole chicken, not sure why as chicken is his favourite meat. So I was thinking of roast beef, but have never made roast beef (most of my life was vegetarian up until about 10 years ago) so have no experience of roasting beef and am unsure as to what to even buy - if there is even anything left in the shops! 

23/12/2012 at 08:57

Morning All

lets all get warm and cozy by the fire in CRAC towers...its raining cats and dogs...LOL

Haven't had a chance to catch up on all the news but Jude..bet your new hair colour is beautful...yes we need a pic.

Loula...sis pleased all went well yesterday and that the kids all got on. fantastic

MC...you will be fine with cooking a raost beef...its very very easy....do it nice and slow and it will be lovely and tender....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm are you doing your pwn yorkies too...i lurve homemade yorkie puds.

Chili..am not a fan of mincemeat pies but they sound delish.

Bye for the moment...lots to do.....

l

23/12/2012 at 09:01

ah yes, I am good at yorkshire puds love them covered in gravy

15,481 to 15,500 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.