Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,501 to 15,520 of 15,643 messages
23/12/2012 at 10:43

now that the rain has all stopped we are off to deliver the scout post

then going for lunch somewhere

23/12/2012 at 13:17
Mc!!' I. Have done tesco this morning and plenty of meats left!! I got pork for today as its my daddy's birthday so iI'm cooking .
Aw thanks sis, yes all 4 children were amazing, best present we could have had was to see them like that
23/12/2012 at 14:48

I went to waitrose and they had loads of meat, all reduced the woman there said that the Aberdeen Angus topside was lovely, gave me the right amount for 4 people and even told me how long to cook it for

scout post delivered, lunch in fave cafe eaten, then we drove around looking at the flooded trent - very odd seeing the places I often run submerged by a raging river

loula - so lovely that the kids all get on. are you all going to be living together?

tired now, may try for a little nap before having to cook etc

we couldn't find a ready made xmas pud, I have maybe left it a bit late to make one, but OH prefers spotted dick, and that should be easy to make, so I'll make spotted dick instead and hope my dad has some xmas pudding. I love xmas pudding!

23/12/2012 at 15:35

LLB-It is nice that all the children get on! We generally find that our 4 get on _most of the time!! How old are your partners children? Love roast port. Sausage cassarole today, spag bol tomorrow and then roast turkey. All cooking done by me!! Mrs AF is however the queen of the mince pie making!

MC-Enjoy roast beef- love it. However, never have it as I like it rare and mrs AF likes it burnt too b******!!

Went out for a 14.7 mile run with some of the laides with the club. At one stage we ran through a foot of water. Enjoyed it- no rain and incredibly mild!  

Hi Franny,Ecky,byeck,Rocker,Jude etc etc ..where's Matt gone?  

23/12/2012 at 16:03

Helloooooooooooo

I hope everyone is okay. I just wanted to pop on to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I am having a few days offline but will be back with you all very soon.

Thanks to you all for your brilliant support over 2012 too. OMGosh we will soon be having a 2013 thread.

23/12/2012 at 16:05

Hi!

I've tried to upload a picture form the party last night but something keeps going wrong.  The picture is the right size so I don't know what the problem is.

Anyway, had a great time at the party. We played silly games etc. (It was just adults but we were very silly!)

We had our celebrations today as we will all be at school on Tuesday.  Kids loved their presents. (Thank goodness!)

Hope all your Christmas preparations are going well.  Well done for getting out running AF!

BFN xx

23/12/2012 at 16:06

Happy Christmas Ecky!! xx

23/12/2012 at 16:18

My new hair colour is on Facebook.  Still can't put it on here.

23/12/2012 at 16:50

Jude-Your hair looks great! I am incapable of uploading pictures on this website. LLB is my chief picture uploader! Pleased you had a good party.

23/12/2012 at 17:16

Happy xmas Ecky

23/12/2012 at 18:15
Jude I will try and see if I can put your fb pic on here if you want?
Boss, the pork was lovely, crackling and stuffing too
The children are 14,11(miss llb,10) and 3. Not all of them there all of the time no.
Ecky, have a lovely time , have already wished you merry Xmas on fb but ......
happy Christmas All !!!!!!!!!!! ????
23/12/2012 at 18:16
Oops sorry, the question marks were meAnt to be a Xmas tree
23/12/2012 at 18:45

Howdy friendlies!

No need for me to go back to the 10k plan next year: just did a 10.21km run.  

Now I'm going to need to find a 10k to 15k plan.

23/12/2012 at 18:57

well done RR - a good way to end the year

23/12/2012 at 23:30

Evening everyone

It's been a lonnnnnnnggggggg day.....

Tomorrow is my Grandad's 90th birthday. None of his four children wanted to organise anything, so I'm taking a car full of nibbles and a birthday cake plus my little Christmas tree and spare lights and hosting an 'open house' afternoon for me. I think most of the family who live in the area will come. But most of all we will celebrate with my Grandad who was rough and surly when younger, but has mellowed in his old age and loves having folk around.

24/12/2012 at 07:58

chili - have a lovely day with your grandad

been out for an early run, knee still not totally pain free but think I need to get the foam roller out

going to do some baking today, oh, and wrap the presents!

24/12/2012 at 10:59

Morning,

Have a good day Chilli.

MC-Good luck with the foam roller and take care with that knee.

Went out for a quick 3.3 miles in 26 minutes- achey after yesterdays run. Have just put the cooking  red cabbage with apples and onions in the oven for tomorrow. Mrs AF says I have to have sprouts! yuck!  

24/12/2012 at 11:03

AF - everyone apart me from likes sprouts here so I have to have them too. I find if they are cooked lightly and smothered in gravy they aren't too bad!

24/12/2012 at 14:28
Happy christmas to all my friends in CRAC towers!!!!
24/12/2012 at 16:02

Happy Christmas everyone. Hope you and your families have a wonderful time. 

pressies are all wrapped, relaxing now for the evening. Bring on the mayhem

15,501 to 15,520 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.