Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,541 to 15,560 of 15,643 messages
25/12/2012 at 22:07

Nice one, MC!  Well played.

I did pushups, pullups and HIIT today - might try and get out for a run tomorrow. 

Edited: 25/12/2012 at 22:07
25/12/2012 at 22:15

Chilli,it sounds like you had a lovely day. I imagine the ladies had a great time too. I bet you cant wait to use your jacket either. Hubby got me a T Shirt that says "Running = More Cake".

Hi Road Runner, did you have a nice Christmas?

25/12/2012 at 23:23

Yep.  We have some relatives from Italy over, so it's much more hectic than usual here.  Two adults and two young kids.

Hope everyone else had a nice day.  Like the sound of the shirt, Ecky! 

26/12/2012 at 08:45

morning everyone

hope you have all recovered from your hectic Christmas days! Ecky - yours sounds lovely and so nice that you could help people not feel lonely at Christmas. Chili - sounds like your ladies must have had a lovely time. 

I have decided to save my run for this afternoon instead of going this morning, I was enjoying a peaceful lie-in too much. By this afternoon the kids will be arguing and I will be needing a bit of space, so will be a good time for a run!

26/12/2012 at 11:04
Oh ecky that sounds a wonderful day, it certain does make you feel grateful for all that we have
26/12/2012 at 11:45

Sounds like a good plan, MC.  My mate's coming over soon to do presents and watch some football, so I'll probably go for a run later as well.

26/12/2012 at 13:10
Hello friends

Flying visit Not been able to get on as have had internet problems.
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are taking it easy today.
I have been out fir 7.5 hilly club run which was very muddy and great fun.That was my,1st one since my injury so was nice to meet up with them all.
Away to the outlaws for boxing day dinner
Have a good day everyone
26/12/2012 at 15:22

16 mile bike ride with my 3 big girls so very slow, but we got home before the rain

26/12/2012 at 16:44

well done chili

I really enjoyed my turbo session this morning. Now regretting leaving my run for this evening as it is chucking it down. Will wait till I have sorted out kids food then go for just a short run to get some fresh air

26/12/2012 at 17:57

Well done Chlli..and MC hope you get out your run.... I am ache free after mine..thank goodness..thanks to my new 2xus..yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

26/12/2012 at 19:15

got out for mine, was raining and windy but it was so nice to be outside and have a bit of solitude a slow 4 miles, still having walk breaks, but then, I was in no rush to get home!

franny - glad you aren't achy

26/12/2012 at 20:48

I meant to go out for a 5k today but one thing or another, it didn't happen which hasn't left me in the best of moods - I really needed to get out there today, and I can't do tomorrow because as I said before, HIIT and running don't work well for me.

27/12/2012 at 08:51

morning all

RR - I know what it is like, I always find that if I don't go early morning then I don't go at all, I was very very disciplined to get out yesterday, but I really needed to!

off to the gym soon - little boy is doing a water holiday activity (snorkelling, canoeing and water polo) and I am having to bribe big one to go to the kids gym. He hasn't been wanting to go at all, but I am gettting worried that he isn't doing much exercise. 

OH back at work today

27/12/2012 at 15:25

Good to get them started young with exercise - then it becomes embedded in their character for their entire lives.

HIIT, pullups and pushups for me - running tomorrow hopefully.

27/12/2012 at 15:55

RR - that's what I thought, and when big boy was younger he did loads, but since he started at secondary school is not wanting to do much exercise at all. I had to bribe him to go to the gym today!

27/12/2012 at 18:00

Hi Everybody, busy couple of days for me.Managed 7 miles on Boxing Day & did 5.8 miles this morning with 10 hill repeats up a steep hill of 200 meters.Was very tempted to run through a deep flood in one of the side roads must be about 1 1/2 foot deep.Bottled it in the end!

Edited: 27/12/2012 at 18:40
27/12/2012 at 19:32
mathschick wrote (see)

RR - that's what I thought, and when big boy was younger he did loads, but since he started at secondary school is not wanting to do much exercise at all. I had to bribe him to go to the gym today!

My nephew's got a really good athletic figure right now, but unless he exercises and gets out of some really bad eating habits it won't last, which would be a shame, because after you've packed some fat on, it's bloody hard to shift as a lot of us know. 

27/12/2012 at 20:09

my older boy has some pre-puberty fat, he always used to be really slim though. My little one is a lot more athletic, hope he keeps it up. I know I can't force them. We are going to a swimming pool with slides and a wave machine tomorrow though, so that will be loads of exercise for them both hidden as fun

27/12/2012 at 21:20

I'm in the same boat with my girls. They are young enough to still be very active and want to 'do' things. They are also very aware of why we eat healthy food and restrict the fat and sugar. Really hope they stick with it as they hit teenage years.

Well done AF

No run today Really want to and my legs are restless but have just got back from a lovely eve with friends and am supposed to be putting girls to bed. If I go running now I won't sleep till very late. Might try and go out early in the morning.

28/12/2012 at 08:44

morning

chili - hope you get your early run

I am having a rest day, but taking the kids to a pool that has slides and a wave machine, should be good and exercise for them as they will keep going up and down the slides

15,541 to 15,560 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.