Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,561 to 15,580 of 15,643 messages
28/12/2012 at 12:26

Finally got out for a run. What with colds, Christmas, family etc I think that might be my first run in 11 days!

MC - have a great fun swim. Might see if I can find a pool like that nearby.

28/12/2012 at 12:50

chili - hope you get out for your run

the kids had a great time, I got  a bit bored - not a massive fan of the slides, did like the wave machine that came on every half hour though, but basically was just on lookout duty making sure the kids were ok. I need to go when we can take OH too, then I can swim in the competition pool while he watches the kids. The pools are totally separate though so I couldn't have swum lengths and kept an eye on the kids at the same time

28/12/2012 at 12:51
Hope everyone had a good Boxing Day I had a lovely day yesterday too despite having to work.
Children's weight and fitness seems to become an ever present issue in today's world. Miss llb has lost her little girl shape this year and become thinner and taller. She eats a mixed diet, I try to steer her towards pasta, fish , veg, rice which I cook most days and she has always liked those and fruit and veg so I'm quite fortunate. And she does such a lot of dance and gym I dnt worry abt her exercise quota at all! Must be quite tricky with children who sent inclined to want to exercise though :/
28/12/2012 at 12:55
8 miles for me earlier, half off road nice and breezy, was good to get out
28/12/2012 at 13:17

Afternoon Folks

gkad some of you have managed out for runs...well done

I did to...did 9.33 hilly iles with some of the ladies from my club...mixed terrain..hilly and very muddy...my longest run yet since injury  1242 miles clocked for the year so far

Have a great day peeps...speak soon

28/12/2012 at 14:38

Well done Franny and LLB for your runs. Franny pleased that yuu are back running after your lay off.   

MC-Good that you enjoyed swimming.Need to get step sons moving as they have done nothing except playing on lap tops over the last week. 

6.6 miles fro me this morning- now 98 consecutibe weeks of 20+ miles and have run 1732 this year. 2 runs left in 2012- don't think I have enough time to break through 1750.  

Wet and miserable again here now,but ast least not too bad on this mornings run.   

28/12/2012 at 17:22

franny - brilliant that you are back to some longer runs now

AF - well done on your mileage

28/12/2012 at 18:00

5.64km for me today - accidentally went out in some old shoes - not too bad.  Sodding Asics logo is beginning to come off my shorts though!

I'm beginning to notice something when I look in the mirror: I still haven't got any definition on my lower stomach, but there is no doubt about it, definition is beginning to show on the sides.  Hopefully that'll soon spread to the front as well.

Congrats on the long run, Franny.  I'll be able to keep track of my total miles next year as well: I only discovered MapMyRun towards the end of this year.

Edited: 28/12/2012 at 18:32
28/12/2012 at 18:39

RR - well done on the run and the changing body

I have been using fetch everyone to track stuff this year - I can add in all my swimming and gym as well as running and bike. I can't remember if I was adding everything at the beginning of the year as I was using a paper training log too. I have run about 950 miles - would have been more than 1000 if it wasn't for the pesky knee!

28/12/2012 at 19:12
Hello everyone. I have been out for a run too. I took my headtorch on a 'see what you need to do to scare the heebie-jeebies out of yourself' training run. It's a little bit muddy out there...
28/12/2012 at 19:17

I am planning on going to parkrun tomorrow. I think I will wear my trail shoes, although I haven't worn them much, but I think the course covers paths and grass. Despite signing up on the website over a year ago I have never been! I have printed off my barcode, found the plastic stuff we use to cover the school books and covered it. All set. 

think I will take a change of clothes because it is forecast rain

28/12/2012 at 20:29

Hi all!

Well done on everybody's super mileage and your festive season runs!  I'm not gonna bother adding my mileage up as I'm pretty sure it will be less than last year's 800 miles. Never mind, it is because of the job and I should be thankful I have one!

MC - have a great time at park run! The one I went to with Chili seemed really friendly and I can see how going every week would help to make you faster.

By'eck - well done on your run! Be careful in the mud!

RR - well done on having definition!

Well, I had a busy day.  After school we had to stay at school for a seminar until 7 then I went directly to daughter's swimming competition.  It carries on all weekend and she is in 5 or 6 races.  Tonight was the 200m freestyle relay and daughter was swimming last leg.  When she dived in she was a whole length behind the winning team but over the course of 8 lengths she caught up managed to overtake them in the last 5 metres, beating them by a second.  It was the most exciting race she has ever been in.  I was going crazy!! All the other mums were shouting 'Hadi Elif' and other Turkish things and I'm shouting in my cockney accent, 'Come on darlin'.  lol. Anyway, she knocked 6 seconds off her 200m time. (now 2:28)

I may be able to sneak a run in between swimming races this weekend. I need to coz I'm turning to blubber.... mmmm nice.

BFN lovely people. x

28/12/2012 at 23:25

Great mileage Franny and AF

Jude - Congratulations to Elif

Well done Loula and Byeck on getting out. Hope you've had a great Christmas. Loula - hope you haven't had to work too hard.

I logged all my training in a tiny diary I bought for 50p at tesco. Think I might make a spreadsheet on computer this year. No idea what my mileage is cos some of my runs get logged in hours.

RR - I decided to try really hard the other day on the pull ups - my forearms ached for 3 days! well done on your perseverance.

My teens decided they didn't want a games party but a movie night. So that was this eve along with pizza, popcorn and chocolate brownie cake. Now I have two girls (one young, one teen) staying for a sleepover so I kind of suspect there won't be much sleeping going on tonight.

Then parkrun in morning. Hope you get there MC. It is wonderful fun.

29/12/2012 at 04:45

Morning all!

Just off to the swimming competition again. 400m freestyle this morning. (16 lengths) She has never done this race before as it is considered too long for under 11 year olds.

Have fun at park runs Chili and MC!

Have a good day everybody!

x

29/12/2012 at 08:25
Jude, that's amazing. You must be so proud.
29/12/2012 at 09:03

morning all

Jude - that is brilliant, Elif is amazing, fingers crossed she does well today

I didn't make it to parkrun don't know why but I couldn't sleep last night and finally felt myself dropping off at about the time I should have been getting up and I just let myself. Oh well. Going to gym and turbo later, will have some time to myself because OH is taking the boys to see the Hobbit

29/12/2012 at 12:52

Helloooooooooooooooooo

How is everyone, are we all still full of the Christmas spirit? I will be glad when all the choccies have gone. Sorry I have not been on much but been having computer problems. I managed a little run today of 3 miles. I have been sticking to 3-4 milers just to keep legs ticking over. I start my Marathon training on Mon .

Jude you must be so proud of Elif, that's just amazing.

29/12/2012 at 14:41

Jude - hope Elif has had a good morning.

I am such a good girl and feeling very pleased with myself. Despite the high winds I cycled 30 mins to parkrun this morning, ran 5k parkrun, then cycled the 30 mins home!

Now all I want to do is sleep. Good thing we are going to a friends' house to watch Brave in her home cinema room.

29/12/2012 at 14:46

Well done Chilli. I bet that was difficult in this weather. I hope you manage to get a nap

29/12/2012 at 15:45

chili - well done!

I had a trip to sweatshop and got a couple of tops in the sale, then did an hour of weights/stretching at the gym, then home for an hour on the turbo

15,561 to 15,580 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.