Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

15,601 to 15,620 of 15,643 messages
29/12/2012 at 21:53

30/12/2012 at 08:00
Actually forget the clothes storage - I will opt for the cleavage variety
30/12/2012 at 09:21

Loula, you don't want any cos they just get in the way . Hope you are okay?

MOOOOOOOOORNIN. No running for me today as starting my Marathon training plan tomorrow. I think it was a plan off Runner's World but its that long ago since I printed it off that I cant remember. I am going to start eating better again after tomorrow too as had lots of rich food and Wine which I am just not used to

30/12/2012 at 09:43

loula - they are just lumps of fat, you don't really want them

morning all

beautiful morning, did 5.25 miles, but walked quite a bit as my knee wasn't feeling too happy this morning at least I got out there though

30/12/2012 at 10:11

The main thing is that you got out there but be careful Mathschick .

30/12/2012 at 11:25

Nothing wrong with breasts and cleveages if you ask me!!! I suspect they are a problem when running however!!!

MC-Well done on your 5.25 - hopefully knee is ok?

LLB-Are you ok?

Rest today & off to my parents for lunch shortly.

Forgot to say I have sorted out my fancy dress outfit for New Years Day Race. I am going as Virgil from Thunbderbirds- bought the whole outfit from the party shop.

30/12/2012 at 12:29

knee feeling a bit fragile now, have foam rollered and will ice later when I get home from the inlaws. I have a physio appointment on Wednesday anyway. 

AF - sounds like a good fancy dress, hope it is comfy for running in!

30/12/2012 at 14:41

Hope your knee isn't too bad, MC.

Going to try and get out there later for a 10km - but we'll see how it goes.  Sometimes I get to 5km and feel that there's tons left in the tank, that's when I carry on to 10km, but sometimes 5km is enough.

30/12/2012 at 15:46

afternoon everyone

Just said goodbye to parents. Lovely 24hr visit.

AF - sounds a great costume. Rocker and his lovely lady and I are running 5 miles through Broxbourne woods on New Years Day morning if anyone would like to join us.

30/12/2012 at 16:29

knee doesn't seem too bad now, but I will refrain from hammering my legs on the turbo. Going for a swim later though. maybe I will just call into the gym before the swim for some gentle exercise

chili - wish I lived a bit nearer, but just googled Broxbourne woods and it is a bit far!

30/12/2012 at 18:58

Evening friendlies!  Did a 10k in the end; I sorted out a nice new route for myself, a sort of figure of 8.  Halfway round, I saw a very overweight chap out for a slow jog.  Gave him the thumbs up - made me feel good and hopefully did the same for him as well.

30/12/2012 at 20:58

well done RR on your run and probably making that guy's day

did a bit of stretching etc in the gym and had a great swim

30/12/2012 at 22:41

*Boing! Boing! Boing!* WhooHoooo. I am so excited!!!! We have just been given tickets for Disney on Ice on Wednesday What a wonderful present!!! * Boing! Boing! Boing!*

31/12/2012 at 08:56

morning

chili - that's exciting! Many years ago I worked at the Brigton Centre and we had Disney on Ice every year - a good show, although 3 weeks of it would get a bit wearing!

31/12/2012 at 09:30

MOOOOORNING

Well it's Day 1 of my Marathon training. I am up for an easy 4 miles. I am trying a Bupa plan which seems okay with lots of speed training inbetween. I really need to sort out how we are getting there and where we are going to stay.

Road Runner, I bet you made him feel good. I like to encourage newbies on my runs. I reckon I will see more of them after tomorrow with all those New Years resolutions.

Mathschick, how is the knee.

Well, what are our Party plans for this evening. We have an evening with Jools.

31/12/2012 at 10:18

No party for me tonight as I have my muddy race tomorrow!!! 

So this thread comes to an end tonight....

Chilli I feel that you must officially close it and open the new thread...but where?

MC-So you worked in the Brighton Centre did you live in Sussex once?

Ecky-Well done on your Marthon training start. Haven't really worked out what I am doing for marathon training. I really don't want to be stuck to a rigid plan so am intending to do 3 6 milers a week and one long run a week starting at 15 miles nest week (which I can do with no problem) and bulidng up from there. Will do at least one 20 mile race as well as several runs of that distance.Need to get into my head that I can do a Marathon.

Final run this morning of the year a leisurely 5.6 miles in 48 minutes. So final count for the year is 1745 miles.

Speak later lovely CRAC members.  

31/12/2012 at 10:49

Hiya Boss, I just have to wait for the wine to come out of my system before I head off. To be honest I probably wont stick to it rigidly as stuff happens. I reckon as long as you can build to at least 20-22 miles a couple of times before the day then you will be okay. I have a 20 mile race nearer the time which I will do.

31/12/2012 at 10:57

Morning All

Oh its so sad this thread coming to an end....passes tissues all around.

Well done Boss on your excellent mileage and run today...and hope you get out later Ecky.

I have just been out a long dog walkie...looking into getting a waist strap so as I can take Chico with me on some of my runs...No run for me today and am working a late shift today and early tomoz...so no parting for me either.

AF...good luck with your race tomoz.

and I just want to

WISH EVERYBODY A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR when it comes and hope 2013 brings you all health and happiness.

Have fun anyone who is partying and happy running to anyone running.

Let me know where to find you all next year when we move into our new crac home.

31/12/2012 at 13:48

I know Franny, where do we fit in now.

Chili will find us somewhere lovely. Fab news about the tickets too Chili. We went years ago and the kids loved it. We saw Toy Story and little Ecky was shouting at Woody so much that he told him to shush.lol.

We will have to have a Crac Towers house warming party instead. I must admit we don't ever go out and just enjoy a few drinkies at home. I have made a big decision for 2013 too. I am going to go back to Hairdressing so am looking at courses to get my skills up to date.

31/12/2012 at 13:51

ecky - well done on starting the marathon training. 

AF - I went to Sussex Uni and spent a few years in Brighton back in the late 80s. 

knee not too bad today, but all I have done in terms of exercise is a gentle spin on the bike for 30 mins as recovery. And all my physio exercises. 

I will probably be in bed early, I just can't stay awake late! I want to try a little run tomorrow morning to see how my knee feels. I am going to the physio on Weds so it would be good to get out and see how it is. I can always walk if running is painful.

yes, sad that the thread is coming to an end. But I will look out for the new thread!

Happy New Year to everyone

15,601 to 15,620 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.