Lands end to London and then London Marathon

21 to 23 of 23 messages
04/03/2013 at 12:17

You used to run 20-25 miles a night? 

This will be an easy challenge for you then, just get back to that level of running, which you know how to do as you did it before, right? Then taper 5 weeks before the challenge, give yourself a good rest whilst continuing to run low mileage. I reckon you could run the whole 292 miles non stop! 

04/03/2013 at 18:03
I think I may of had high expectations of the whole thing. Maybe I have to,plan it for 7 days with 7 th being the marathon.

What's a realistic plan you think.
seren nos    pirate
04/03/2013 at 18:14

the fact is until a few months of training under your belt you will have no idea of a realistic plan........

you also need to work out the logistics of who is supporting you.are you staying in b and b's or a motorhome at the side of the road......

if it takes you a week.then accomodation for you and the support team will cost you several hundred pounds as well as you and the support team giving up a weeks leave to do it.

those deatils and finiding out which roads you are allowed to run on will be as hard as training

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.