Leeds 10k

Should i be upset ?/

21 to 29 of 29 messages
nsc
22/06/2008 at 18:43

well done guys - was cheering you all near the finish

iannaylor - my first 10k was 1hr 3 too, sign up for abbey dash, that is a good flat fast 10k

well done everyone and a fitting way to remember Jane

22/06/2008 at 19:20

Thanks NSC

Totally agree such an emotional day.....

Kept me going a few  parts of the course..

Keep Running xx

22/06/2008 at 20:39

Thanx for support it was really welcome.  Think I'll do a bit more training before entering anything else.

I have to confess that Jane really was the reason I made the effort to get my running shoes on, she was so inspiring, I guessed that if she could do so much in her condition, I should do my bit too!!

Managed to raise £615 for Martin House in process, so pretty chuffed.

My feet are now throbing like hell,but it was worth every ache and pain.

C u next year x

jaggy...    pirate
22/06/2008 at 20:41

Well done on completing your first 10k

Vix1 - Book up your next race and well done on the fundraising!

22/06/2008 at 20:44

Janes daughter Rebecca was 7th lady btw - just behind Nell Mc apparently -so some of her mums determination must have rubbed off - well done her on what must have an emotional day for the family

22/06/2008 at 21:03

Signed up for Abbey Dash

Come on lets run 4ever

Run 4 Jane

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS

xxxx

(Sorry got carried away with it all , but go with what you feel strongly about !!!)

22/06/2008 at 21:08

Thx Jaggy... Thinking about Harewood House in September...may have got the bug!

Janes daughter did so well, agree Buney bet they shed a few tears today, but they must all be so proud of what she achieved, it's great that they continue her legacy in such a positive way.

23/06/2008 at 13:44

The Abbey Dash is a similar type course to run4all, its pretty flat and a out of the centre back in type of course with just a turn in the road and then back down the other side. Its not as busy though and the start has a better flow to it. I actually had to run/walk that but went all the way round yesterday without stopping and still did a slower time, hmm....so yeah its probably a faster course too.

25/02/2013 at 11:31

Can't see a new thread for this.  Is there much change to the course since 08?  Is it a fast one?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.