Loungeroom Lizard

The Plodfather Tries Again!!!

9 messages
08/02/2004 at 20:23
Hi all. Don't know if you remember me but I used to run round my lounge! All was going fairly well (apart from the knackered knee you all told me I'd get) but then, the unthinkable... I MOVED HOUSE (no through lounge!!!) That was the end of September and there's been NO running since... but I'm here to tell you it's all starting again tomorrow!!! Went on one of those BMI calculator thingies and it said my BMI was 86.5!!! Then I realised that I had put in that I was 4' 6" so it adjusted itself to a more reasonable (but still apalling) number. So, I know you're an encouraging bunch and I've got loads to lose so I'll keep you updated!
Cheers guys!!!
Plodfather

(still not going outside, though!!!)
08/02/2004 at 20:42
You ran round your lounge?

Come outside, the wind, rain, dark and penetrating cold is lovely!

Like the name btw
08/02/2004 at 21:10
yeah, come outside - you really will feel better for it.

If you feel the cold, it's probably worth making sure you've got stuff on that will help for feel more comfortable in the cold - like hat and gloves. might also be worth investing in a base layer top + (possibly) a wind proof jacket.(some people feel comfortable without - but I know I couldn't get going without them).

You can often pick them up at 'clearance' prices if you have a look round.

If you can overcome the elements you'll love running outside.

good luck!

T1

08/02/2004 at 21:27
I loved the wind today as i ran my 5 x 2 minutes, i still have the red cheeks to prove it.
08/02/2004 at 21:29
Hi folks,
Thakns!
I love the elements (wind, rain, snow etc etc) nothing to do with that why I wont run outside!
You ain't seen nuthin' like it before!!!
I'll keep you posted...
08/02/2004 at 21:33
come on mate
get up VERY early
ie 5 am
then you are safe
08/02/2004 at 21:39
whats the craic,did i miss something?
09/02/2004 at 09:09
C'mon, why won't you run outside? I'm curious.
09/02/2004 at 10:26
Hi Plodfather

I remember you.

I really do think you should get outside you know. Either that, or knock your lounge through :o)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.