Mutual Support and Encouragement for fellow Newbies

(I wouldn't rather be sat on the sofa with a glass of wine, honest..)

341 to 360 of 512 messages
07/03/2014 at 13:39

Good luck Nick, will be thinking of you on Sunday 

And good luck Nathan with your increase to 4 miles next week.

Good time Peter !

2 x 5k's so far for me this week, both in the 34minute range so pleased with that, one more to come on Sunday but different route so time may not be as relevant!

07/03/2014 at 14:51
Good luck Nick - look forward to reading your race report and hope the weather's not too hot for you. Heatwave? What on earth is going on with this weather.

Week from hell at work this week but I've still managed to plod three times and will be out at parkrun tomorrow. Long run on Sunday of about 4 miles and then I have to start adding on a bit to get to the 10k for 3 May.

Well done to all running - today would be a nice day for it too!
07/03/2014 at 17:56
Cheers Nick and Slap and well run, 34 mins is a good time.

I feel your pain Trigger, had s week like that too but at least it's now the weekend.
08/03/2014 at 13:54
Well done Slap-a-belly, good times.
Well done trigger, should be a good increase each week to get you up to 10k
08/03/2014 at 14:03
Afternoon all,

I've been out for a run today, 8 miles, my longest run ever, and in a 9.25 min/mile pace, slowest mile was 10.32 and that was because there was 2 roads to cross. That now means I've run over 200 miles this year so far, never run that much before.
08/03/2014 at 19:28
Wow peter thats awesome 200miles is a Big milestone, I have absorbed your misfortune injured my wrist in an accident at work Thursday, eventually went to a&e today and have fractured it! Now have to run with big wrist/arm strap thingy! Nurse said will be fine as long as I keep it elevated. 13miles of arm in air may not be practical but im not giving up.
08/03/2014 at 19:35
Thanks Nick, but ouch I hope it doesn't affect your run too much.
09/03/2014 at 12:24
I'm back home from half marathon, typical I do nearly all my training at night or early morning then the race is on the hottest day of the year so far!
Don't know my official time yet but think it was close to 1hour 45.
It was hard but not as hard as I expected somehow. I kept to the back for the start which was ok except it was too slow for the first mile then it settled down. Mile 10 was the hardest point up to 11 then it's nearly over. I did manage a sprint finish with a couple of others which was good. Well organised and well worth doing.
09/03/2014 at 12:31
Well run Nick, good going.
09/03/2014 at 17:12
Very excited got my time for HM 1:43 22.
Hope everyone who went out today had fun.
09/03/2014 at 18:29
Good time Nick. I wasn't out today, back on the road tomorrow, giving my legs a rest today.
09/03/2014 at 20:38

Well done Nick!!! Sorry, I wasn't on before now to wish you good luck.  Must get caught up on this thread tomorrow.  Hope you're all doing ok and had good runs this week. 

10/03/2014 at 00:41

Hello all

Total newbie here, having completed the C25K (35 minutes) program on Saturday. I'm now thinking of working on improving my time for a few weeks, before moving on to a 10k program. I'm a lapsed gym bunny, so not totally unused to exercise but I'll never forget that first, painful session on a very cold, frosty morning, which has made me vow never to quit exercise again. 

10/03/2014 at 07:09
Well done Nick on the HM, great time.

Nice 8 mile Peter and good pace.

Welcome chelle68, well done on completing the C25k

I was in a&e last night, thought I had broke my wrist. I did break it a few years back and yesterday I did gardening, played football in goal with my son and his friends and polished my classic car, verdict was that I overdid it and have tendinitis. Very painful but pleased that I can still get out and run this week. Onto 3 x 4 mile runs this week.
10/03/2014 at 19:05
Thanks Nathan and I sympathise about the wrist.
Welcome along Chelle68 well done on completing the c25k in some ways I think it is one of the hardest phases, not that I'm in anyway an expert but once you complete that you know you can run and have a base to build on. Parkrun is good fun, not too serious and at 35mins you definitely won't be last and their good for improving your speed.
Im out tomorrow for 5km and see if my legs have recovered
10/03/2014 at 19:41
Evening all,

Welcome Chelle68.

Fine here happy bunny how are you?

Thanks Nathan, it would have been a slightly better pace if mile 2 to 3 hadn't been over a minute slower than the other 7.
11/03/2014 at 07:02
Well done Nick that's a great time given the heat of the day and the trouble with your arm.

Welcome Chelle68 - I'd certainly recommend parkrun too if you have one close by.

The last week of jantastic is underway and I've set my goal for my timed run - I've elected a parkrun and given a target of 29:30. Last Saturday I managed 29:52 so I've a little bit of work to do!

Hope you're all well and enjoying running in the drier weather - if it takes a turn for the worse it's because I'm thinking of dusting off the summer running gear
11/03/2014 at 21:08

My wife started C25K today, so I went out with her for support and then went off for my run: Week 3. Run 1. 4 miles. 35m34s. 8:53 min/mile

11/03/2014 at 21:31
Good pace Nathan,and well done. Also good for you supporting your Mrs good luck to her.

I only did 2 miles today, 15m35s 7:28 min/miles.
12/03/2014 at 10:21

Hey all!

Nice pace Peter - would love to be able to run sub 10 minute mile pace for 5k in the near future.  Good luck to your wife Nathan on the C25K - it's funny how people start getting the running bug around you.  A couple more people I know have started getting out on runs. Trigger, good luck with the Jantastic goal.  I set my 5k for 35 mins, seeing I've only completed it twice - the unfortunate thing is I've just run 33 mins .  Nick hope your legs have recovered - has it sunk in yet that you've run a half marathon? Welcome Chelle68 - C25K really is the way to go.  It's a great way of building up the running.  Slap, how's it going?

I am now a fully fledged member of my local running club! 'Graduated' from the club's couch program last night and apparently 61 of us signed up.  Hoping to do my first Parkrun this Saturday.  I really do feel like a runner!

Have a good week all! Nicky

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.