My ankle hurts!

advice needed

21 to 25 of 25 messages
27/10/2006 at 17:15
Am having the pains in the bottom of my foot - plantar facititus?? And now am getting pains in my achilles too - god knows why, my trainers are fine, having been building my distances on a gradual basis, do plenty of cross-training too, and do loads of stretching - have been running for a couple of years, so why has this happened now - it bloomin hurts!! And I can't wear high heels without pain!
12/11/2006 at 16:19
Hi there

About 7 weeks ago on a club night I felt something "go" in the back of my calf. Turns out that I went over on my ankle & tore the gastrocnemus muscle. This muscle is now ok the problem is my ankle. I have tried running but I get a pain - it feels like deep inside either side of my ankle & a little way up my leg. My physio recons that it may be a bursitus & has recommended ibuprufen. I have been taking these for a week now but can still feel a tenderness. I am getting desperate!! Any advice greatly welcomed, anyone had a similar problem - if so how much longer before I can run.
28/11/2006 at 08:50
Thanks for all of the above folks! I've been running with no problems for 3 years until 6 weeks ago got swelling, pain and heat with a "bump" on achilles' tendon. Was already seeing osteo/sports theraist(didn't get very far) and he's now sending me off to an acupuncturist! Did find very tense calf muscles which I massage for several minutes each day, with some effect!I can't wear high heels, am finding gel heel supports some help and have been wearing a magnet with best effect so far! However even short runs give me pain and I am getting frustrated. Any other good ideas?
27/02/2011 at 16:24
 Ya i was running around a 30 mile week sep-mid december  but then i stoped durring the holidays , i just got running last week Feb, and after like 10ish min of running my ankles achilles tendon and the back of my lower calf starts hurting SUPEr bad!  i only have this pain when i run for a while otherthen that  there are no sighns of pain in my daily life.  soccer startes here tommorw so i need some awnsers so i can keep running!
08/05/2012 at 03:19
I play volleyball and same here the back of my ankle is killing me I put ice on it but it still hurts idk what to do I have had heel problems and thought that was what's wrong and been doing stretches but I think it made it worse

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.