My first 10k race in a week - advice for last minute training please!

My first 10k!

1 message
05/05/2012 at 22:46

So The Oxford Town and Gown next weekend will be my first run which is official. Looking forwards to — and nervous about — it! 

I only started running properly a few months ago. I started the NSH couch to 5k thing in december, stopped in early January, then started running real distances spontaneously in early March. 

I know I can do the distance - each run I do at the moment involves a huge uphill section - T&G is all flat, and I've done a few 'big' runs including an 18k and a couple of 13ks. 

I'm hoping to do it in a sub 50 time. I am pretty much bang on that time for my 10k runs which includes the hills and stopping for traffic. 

Any training tips for the last week?! I did a 13k today, not sure if I should be taking it easy from now on and do a 5k every couple of days or do another similar sized rune before the big day?

Any tips for the day itself?!

Cheers! Clinton 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.