My Nike 10K update

3 messages
25/08/2002 at 10:13
Well after 1 week of pounding the tread mill I decided I better get outside , so I got an early night in and got up at had a brisk walk to the common where I then did a 20 minute run - no stopping. I'm so pleased with myself (I know to you lot thats not much but to me its a miracle)
Now I must go and have a shower before I dissolve into a puddle and then devour a big bowl of Alpen :)

Question tho - is Alpen healthy? And what should I be eating for breakfast after a run?
25/08/2002 at 18:17
New to this site (and to running) but well done Gemini! - it's really different running outside after the treadmill and 20 minutes non-stop is brilliant. I only started in Feb.but managed the London Road Race (10k) in July and, like you am now signed up for the Nike 10k with a personal ambition to finish in under an hour...we'll see, I'm told Richmond has hills!!
I went out this morning too and managed my usual 10k route in 63 minutes-so I'm getting there. This was the woman who couldn't run for a bus 6 months ago!.
Alpen is yummy therefore must be healthy - I'm reliably informed that bananas are good too both pre and post run.
Mij
25/08/2002 at 21:55
Well done with your run - 20 mins is great. Slowly increase only - there is no hurry.

As for post run food they say a high carbo within half an hour is important and so is drinking to replace fluid loss - so thats much orange juice.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.