New Beginners Running Group Starting in Newport South Wales

5 messages
28/02/2011 at 22:19
Just to let you all know that I'm starting a new Womens Running Network group in Newport (South Wales) next Wednesday. If you're interested in joining us then please feel free to drop me a line
20/11/2011 at 20:09
hi
apologies to revive an old thread, I am only on my second week of following running made easy so am at the walk/run stage(with a lot more walk than run)
wondering if your club still meets and if you would have space for a pretty useless but enthusiastic beginner?
25/11/2011 at 20:56

Hi Amanda,

I've just started training with Lliswerry Runners in Newport. They have sessions which cater for complete beginners on a Wednesday night - I am very slow at the moment, but it is organised so that everyone can join in.  Everyone has been really friendly and welcoming, and encouraging when I've been puffing along at a snails pace.

They have a website which gives details of the sessions, or just turn up at 6.30pm on Wednesdays at the International Sports Village, next to carcraft, we meet in the reception of the swimming pool.

Would be happy to meet you outside if you were nervous of going in on your own!

Jo 

25/11/2011 at 22:02
hi Jo
that sounds great but 6.30pm is a bit too early for me really but I've had a look and will see if I can sort out an earlier finish on wednesdays from work maybe.
thanks for letting me know

amanda
05/03/2012 at 18:22

Hi Amanda, so sorry for not getting back to you before, I've just stumbled upon this.  I have a bit of habit of junking all my forum response emails, sorry!

Yes we are still going and still cater for beginners!  We still meet in Rogerstone at Ty Du welfare grounds on a Wednesday.  We welcome all shapes and sizes so don't worry!  If you want any more info then please feel free to message me, I'm a bit more reliable at picking those up

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.