New but not New!!!

21 to 33 of 33 messages
20/09/2004 at 10:30
Hippo - providing the other half is willing to drive me down to Newcastle (means leaving here about 4am) then I will have a go at the GNR. I expect it to take me 3 hours but as you say I won't be last.

Wey Hey I am getting back into this and have lost a few pounds as well. Only 2 more and I will be under the next stone mark.

Are you doing Brighton Hippo? May see you there yet then
20/09/2004 at 10:44
Speedy - we *will* run the Cross next year....... :o)

I know, I know, we said that before, but......

Great to hear you are getting back into it. Speak to you soon.
20/09/2004 at 10:52
Hi Nessie

Nice to hear from you. We will run it next year. We will, we will, we will.
21/09/2004 at 12:14
Hey Speedy, was that a 9+ miler I saw logged back there? Sounds like you're back in the saddle to me girl!
I did a ten min treadmill plod at before Bodybalance class at gym on Sat, but yet to hit the pavement again. Maybe tonight could be the night!?
22/09/2004 at 21:12
Hiya Helen T Yes it was 9.87 miles according to the GPS system but a lot of that was walked and it did take me 2hrs 23 mins in the wind and rain. But I do feel really good. So good in fact that I think I am going to go to the GNR because I know I can walk/jog the 13.1 miles.

Good on you for getting back into things. It isn't easy is it?
23/09/2004 at 07:34
delighted to hear this speedy
i cant do sub 10 min miles
23/09/2004 at 20:25
well im thrilled because last night i did a 10k route in 1.13.07 and was ab chuffed with myself.

never done that distance before and whats more my rbreathing is finally getting under control now that the becatide is starting to work. i hate taking it and cant believe that something as supposedl;y good for you as running has given me asthma which ive never had in my life.

it was good to be able to forget about my brething tho, it just came naturally

now thats just about a half half isnt it?
23/09/2004 at 20:26
yep

applause
24/09/2004 at 22:09
Yipee off to GNR tomorrow. Hubby not willing to go so son and I are off to camp for the night. Bitty chilly I know but will soon warm up the next day. 3hrs + on the cards but who cares. I am going. Catch you all on Monday. Off to bed now as leaving really early in morning.
28/09/2004 at 08:52
Back from GNR did my slowest time ever but did enjoy it. Off next weekend for the Inverness 10K. Pity I didn'y get back into things earlier in the year that dreaded cellulitis has a lot to answer for as it keeps putting me in hospital at least once a year. Hope I can keep it at bay now that I am back into my running. Off to work now.
28/09/2004 at 08:59
speedy, thats briliant
see you in Dublin
28/09/2004 at 11:55
Speedy, further inspired by your progress managed 5mins walk/5run on treadmill at weekend, with run at 10min mile pace. Felt sooooomuch better for getting off my ar$e and doing it!
May even hit the pavement soon if can pluck up courage!
28/09/2004 at 21:15
congrats,i was thinking of you on sunday, watched out for you but didnt catch sight of any mice atall!is it a mouse?

. sadly my new asthma eased body ran hareder than it wanted to last wed when i did my first 10k and a grinding hip has kept me off the running nad stuck in the gym crosstraining, cycling and swimming ever since. every day i think itll be better tomorrow and one dqay ill be right. till then......

and i was hoping for a 10k raqce on 10oct...maybe still possible

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.