New Fat Boy!

21 to 36 of 36 messages
02/10/2002 at 13:11
Well I'm also one of these 16+ stoners (103kg to be exact - why don't people use kg as it's what kids are taught - but that's another thread!) and have been on/off training for the FLM for some months, but now with a vengeance now my hols are over. I haven't used scales at home for years and although my weights not changing yet - I use the gym's - my shape is - the belt on my jeans is 2 notches in. Dieting can wait for a while methinks.

I did a flat 20k on Sunday in 1:30 (ah yes - km - much better than miles but...) and will do 14k tomorrow (run home from work) so the distance is there. For all heavyweights, stick at it.

FYI - I'm 49 and a retired prop forward who will probably now get kicked out of the Front Row Union for even attempting to run distance!
02/10/2002 at 19:08
Dick at 49 you should still think in old money. But seriously well done to you and maccie and everyone else who is successfully losing wait. Mine stays static at about 15st, or 210 lbs, or 97 kgish.

Sassie I am fed up with putting this on this site but it doesn't matter about being last you will probably get the biggest cheer. But if you are worried try a reasonably sized race it will have 2 advantages, you probably won't be last and you are unlikely to be running a long distance on your own.There is nothing more demoralising that being outin the wilds all alone when you are sttruggling. Keep at it and good luck.
02/10/2002 at 19:29
Thanks Head Gone. I WILL do a 5K, I WILL!
02/10/2002 at 20:01
Thanks for the advice "Run 4 your life".

I am actually calorie counting fairly accurately and am generally keeping to around 1500 cals per day.

I think this is giving me the defecit i need to lose further weight and have in fact done so since starting this thread.
( On sunday I was 13st 10lbs)

My target is currently 13st 7lbs but I may review this to 13st as I am not suffering too much and really enjoying the running.
02/10/2002 at 21:01

Well done.

It's interesting to watch the weight come off if you do the right things. Inevitably it will come off, if you do the right things.

As you get gradually lighter, the running becomes easier too, you get a bit faster, and the fun in running increases!

It's also interesting that we have evolved, as creatures, so as to be able to carry so much by way of "energy reserves" (in the form of layers of body fat) around with us, on our bodies. With a 24 hour supermarket nearby, we don't need to carry all of that food reserve around with us, so the most sensible thing is to burn it off and get rid of it if we can.

02/10/2002 at 21:32
Sassie

Are you going to do the Crowborough 10k on Dec 1? There'll be plenty of forum people there to help you round if you need help.

Neil
02/10/2002 at 21:34
Cmon Sassie, I will if you will
03/10/2002 at 01:23
Maccy,

Having just seen that you have lost a further 4lbs since your first post,perhaps your orignal fears were unfounded :-)

Congratulations for keeping at it.

03/10/2002 at 08:17
Guys, I'd love to do Crowborough, even if I had to walk half of it, but I've just realised it's a Sunday, and I'm a priest (ooops, I haven't just realised I'm a priest - I knew that bit, I mean about the day!) December 1st is Advent Sunday as well, which is an important date in the church's year, so I can't be away. This Sunday racing thing is really beginning to bug me! Hang on though - what time does it start?
03/10/2002 at 22:24
Danny M

I think you're right. I hope the couple of weeks where I didn't lose any was just a plateau and i can have a period where I will lose a pound or two per week.

I really can now start to see the difference in my body shape but want to gently work on my stomach without aggravating old back injuries. (Does anyone have any ideas.

I feel much better this week about the dieting and the training is going well. I ran 7K on tuesday and did some sprints on wednesday ( 10 x 150's) along with a gentle nile or so warm up / down.

I'm resting today prior to hopefully a couple of steady sessions over the weekend.

Cheers.
06/10/2002 at 18:09
Great Week.

Just finished 13.5k run thrigh wonderful countryside!

Can't believe it. Lost another 3lbs this week. Down to 13st 7 lbs.

YIPPEE!
06/10/2002 at 19:01
Target achieved, then. Well done.

08/10/2002 at 10:51
Thank "Run4...".

I now have a new target of 13st. Here's hoping.

Cheers!
08/10/2002 at 11:17
Maccy,
I too have back problems causing normal sit-up/crunch type exercises to be painful.
I now use an ab-frame which seems to do the trick.
With this you can concentrate on the ab muscles without putting stress on the lower back.

08/10/2002 at 11:44
Maccy - It's not down to hope (as you now know). Eat a little less, exercise a bit more, if you are still overweight, and the weight must continue to come off. Inevitable.

You need energy to run. Making the stored body fat one of the main energy sources is the trick.

Keep us informed on how the journey from 13-7 to 13-0 is going.
08/10/2002 at 19:48
Great,

Thanks Guys.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.