New to running

21 to 25 of 25 messages
04/07/2003 at 13:46
what songs do you sing SP...

... i wouldn't sing aloud anyway if i could i suppose i should be running faster
04/07/2003 at 13:51
Hi SP
Thaks for you message. I know what you mean about running past your front door. Too much emptation. Maybe Ill try the singing thing, not that Im any good at it. But who cares. I think my neighbours already think Im mad anyway, as I went out runnin the other night and it was raining, one old man said I must be mental, says him walking in the rain!!
I actually found it quite refreshing.
04/07/2003 at 13:53
At least the rain cools you down

The other day i was running in a downpour and some woman i know said "its not ideal weather to be out running" and i replied its refreshing and it keeps you cool
04/07/2003 at 20:35
Hi Ellen, I'm new too, and also run alone. I don't take a mobile with me, but I do take a high decibel alarm with a rip cord which you can cause a distraction with, if nothing else.

I tend to road (pavement) run on quite a large housing estate, so I never feel too isolated.

I've found it helps to vary your route, and the times of day to go out. I usually set some goals from the 5k training plan to work to, and as some of the others have said, having an ultimate goal, such as a race, really helps you stay motivated.

Good luck, H
04/07/2003 at 20:41
Hi helen welcome i'm regaining my fitness as i used to run then stopped. How are you doing?
This forum is very motivating and full of inspirational people.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.