new to running

4 messages
14/11/2012 at 18:18

recently started jogging done three 5 mile runs ... quit smoking three weeks ago as ive been smoking for 15 years... ive always played football once a week to keep fit  ( well try to)   my last run i got the stop watch out and i done the five miles in 37.50..... im wondering if this is a good time for a beginner and an ex smoker ? cheers

14/11/2012 at 18:18

sorry it was 37.30 

15/11/2012 at 10:00

Hi Stuart,

I would say that if you can manage a 5 miler in 37 minutes you have a good level of fitness already which is probably been helped by playing football.  I think a lot of people who train regularly would be happy with that time - so well done, and on stopping smoking!  Keep it up!

15/11/2012 at 13:12

thaks rob.... im hoiping over the next couple of months to get it down to 6 mins per mile... wish me luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.