New Year...New runner

Every journey begins with the first step and all that!

121 to 140 of 662 messages
14/01/2012 at 00:24

Kirstin dunst's gran was Scottish lol

Saturday we'r all back out running, no donuts, no excuses lol.....if i have to do it, you guys have to do it lol

Claire, the way i've planned my running schedule this week, i'll also be running three in a row......sat, sun and mon.......Sat is a 45 min run walk (probs running 10 walking 2) same goes for sunday, then monday is a 35 min. i reckon we can do it x

14/01/2012 at 13:24
Hi all, checking in to see how you're all doing.. and now feeling a bit intimidated! Great to see how enthusiastic everyone is, even if I'm not LOL. I have managed to stick to my C25K schedule though, and have increased my time from 21 mins to 29 mins and my distance from under 3k to 4.5. Can't say I'm feeling the running love yet though!
14/01/2012 at 17:23

Evening all, hope you are all doing well and that the runs are being kind

I have today been to collect my cross trainer and its now all set up waiting to be used tomorrow for my warm up to my first run

Rachel - as for running 3 days, if you pace yourself you should be fine, but remember to listen to your body

Roy - sorry forgot to call in and clean when I was over the water today, but you know after spending 2 days sorting one room at mine, I haven't got the energy  Did bring back lots of memories driving through liverpool though

Hope to hear/read all your running reports soon

14/01/2012 at 17:27
It's Kirstin running 3 days.. and if I listen to my body, it says sit down with a glass of wine and some crisps, so I have to tell it to shut up!
14/01/2012 at 17:46

I like the style, sorry, been one of those days.

K - enjoy the 3 days

14/01/2012 at 18:04
Just got in from work and a 4 mile run. Absolutely freezin today and the shorts wherent the way to go. I still havent ran in daylight yet lol.
Went well but again going to fast,its in my head to go fast but i need to concentrate on going further.

Kirstin hows the runs going in lovely jock weather ?

Ange when is the grand opening of the gym?

Rachael....glass of rioja would go down.a treat right about now as cookin a steak mmm.

14/01/2012 at 18:17
I've opened a bottle of sauvignon blanc Mr W! Cheers! And made a chicken casserole, potato dauphinoise and courgettes! Yum! Got to keep the old strength up if I'm going to keep on with this running malarky!
14/01/2012 at 22:44

.......................Hi, my name's Kirstin, and i'm a running failure

Never made it out today........i know, not worthy, Jock weather roy is not dissimilar to when you walk around in the frozen foods section in the supermarket.......except unfortunately we don't get the sweet relief of going to the oven fresh section for a warm up. icey cold just now, got things to go over my trainers though for the snow or ice, lol...its a hott look.....much like the late night runs in the shorts Roy lolol. only kiddin.

Maam, big day is tomorrow....very excited for you!!! can't wait to hear how you get on.

so, need to punish myself tomorrow. gonna stay out twice as long as i'm scheduled to tomorrow, try run as much of that as i can. was supposed to be 45 mins so doing an hour and a half. got a 10 k route that i used to cover in just under an hour, will probs take me the hour and a half now. no pain no gain.

as for the wine guys......what you tryin to do to me........actually have had to just lock myself in my room to keep , my self from cracking open the merlot......what i'd give for a wee Tinto Lemonado...ice cold.

14/01/2012 at 22:46
Didn't get out for my planned run as it was my birthday yesterday.. and had things planned for it today..on the upside hubby bought me some new running shoes!..have them laid out with my running gear so as to go tomorrow. its hubbys birthday tomorrow too so we are having a nice meal in the evening....this is what is going to get me out tomorrow morning...so j can enjoy lovely food and wine without feeling guilty.
Will let you know if the new trainers make me run faster or longer!
14/01/2012 at 22:51
Kirstin how come.you didn get out? Dont worry im not telling you off. Highly reccommend not wearing shorts in this weather things shrink hahaha..oh dear i bet that wasnt in the iceland advert!

Gem good on you for tomorrow.im on an afd in work so doubt ill get out. Afd = all f***** day. Not good but better bein by those log fires .

Maam best of luck tomorrow....no pain no game. You can do it
14/01/2012 at 23:12
Kirstin ur not puttin asda bags around your shoes are you?
14/01/2012 at 23:15

Happy belated birthday gem good plan getting out, your meal will taste better after your run unlike my dinner tonight, it was bitter with disappointment haha.

Roy....at what point did shorts in January seem like a good idea hahaha shrinkage...too funny!

was just a walking zombie today, work was hectic.....and instead of just throwing my running gear on the second i got in so i didn't have time to sit down........i lay down......lay down and slept woke up at 10 now i feel as low as a bow-legged caterpillar lol, not a good feeling have to get back on the horse tomorrow with a hop skip and a jump.

roughly how long are you managing to canter through your 4 miles? the route i'm going tomorrow will b between 6 n 7 miles but will be at my slow ass pace. x

14/01/2012 at 23:21
33 mins today. Started off at reasonable pace but increased as i got further in. I woke up at 7am thinkin sod the run today too tired. As i got to work i woke up and the second i got in i put gear on and went out.

I really need to start puttin more miles on clock, gonna try it monday. Work will be chocca tomorrow.

Im just not a man for tights if you know what im saying. Shorts is the thing that seperates from feelin feminine in this weather. Although it takes more than the oven section in those supermarkets to warm things up hahahaha

Really enjoy this thread btw you all seem a great bunch
14/01/2012 at 23:39

ahahahaha asda bags, lol......would probably fit right in round these parts lol.

33 mins, thats amazin, so your clearing a mile in bout 8 mins, great going i usually do just get the gear on straight away but tonight i was just totally spent, infuriating thing is i know i'd feel so much better for it now if i'd just went for it, tired or not u got monday off? hahahaha everyone will be finishin their runs with a stretchin sesh beside the cooked chickens in morrisons. need to get the thermal briefs on roy lol.

Also, for the ladies, just seen an article in paper for good sports gear and Kelly Holmes (the Dame) has launched a line of sports bras for sainsburies clothing range Tu, retailing at 10 quid, look pretty good, same general shape as the shock absorbers but atleast 15 quid cheaper. maybe worth a look???

14/01/2012 at 23:41
Maybe try one.for.my double.A's .moobs as they call them haha
14/01/2012 at 23:48
keep you warm atleast
14/01/2012 at 23:52
I thought the mankini was for that....hahha.i dont think even icelands freezers are that cold
14/01/2012 at 23:55

EUGHHH!!!!!! not the mankini lolol...........

Wish I felt safer running in the dark or i'd go a run now......wide awake, i'm such an idiot, kicking myself now x

15/01/2012 at 00:00
Close ur eyes and.count to ten. Or if ur as sad as ne.listen to harry potter audio book on ipod read by stephen fry. Oh dear i sound less manly every second. Next ill be saying i like big brother
15/01/2012 at 00:05
AAAAHHHHHH please tell me your a Harry Potter super freek??? I have a wand and everythin, controls my TV haha.........i don't even care that i'm a geek hahaha x
121 to 140 of 662 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.