Newbie - got the running bug after doing a 10k charity run

got the running bug after doing a 10k charity run

1 message
13/07/2012 at 09:39

Hiya all

I completed a 10k on Wednesday - it was more of a fun run so I didnt bother with training as I thought I'd 'walk' most of it. I actually found myself running more than walking, I didnt know I would actually enjoy it, I managed to complete it in 1 Hour 16 Minutes (I dont know if thats good/bad??). I have now signed up to do a 10k in October so want to start training (my lack of training for the last 10k is seriously biting me in the bum now because I can barely walk).

Have you got any tips on training, I have downloaded the Couch to 10k running app which looks pretty good as I am more of a run/walker at the mo..

Also I would like to try and shed 1 stone in the process, do you have any tips on diets.. I work full time so would like to have maybe a healthy sandwich or something pretty convenient..

Any tips/advice will be much appreciated - Trace

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.