Newbie ahoy!

er, its my first day...

7 messages
26/11/2008 at 17:21

Hi *bit nervous*

After a 'helpful' friend roped me in to do the Marlow Half I started running to and from work on odd days of the week, then I accidentally did Hell Runner (down South) a couple of weeks ago and enyjoyed it enormously. I'm now trying to maintain my motivation and make sure that I run often enough for it to make a difference, am signing up next week for the Watford half in March... my goal here is to run it in sub 1.30 and I hope I have the training time to do it. Any tricks/tips much appreciated.

Steve

KKD
26/11/2008 at 17:23

Hi new boy (oo look at his shiny new uniform!)  :--))

Well done on Hell Runner and the Half.  There are some good training plans if you hit TRAINING tab at the top of the page.

You do know that you'll be as addicted to this site as r*nning in a few weeks time??? ;--)

Welcome to the madhouse and happy r*nning!!

KKD
26/11/2008 at 17:45
Nice one. Cheers, S
LIVERBIRD    pirate
26/11/2008 at 19:52

We like new meat on here.........

Welcome!

You're annoyingly speedy for a newbie.......

26/11/2008 at 20:01

Welcome

wishing u every success on your long road to fitness

it's a happy road , but can be tough

it'll be - EASY - EASY - EASY  

http://www.micknphil-marathonlads.com/

27/11/2008 at 10:09
Welcome to the forum
27/11/2008 at 12:20

Hi Steve,

There both quite hard events to do, so i think you must be quite fit already.

I have thought about doing Marlow as my sister lives there but it looks a bit hilly. Best thing for motivation I find is entering races and i think you got plently of time. to train for March. The running plans on here are really useful.

Best of luck with it all.

Posh x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.